My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

jd_uk

Reaction score
To me it seems more like it's doing the opposite, Zix gives me higher libido, thicker semen and my balls feel bigger
I'm not sure any systemic changes are a good idea even if considered positive (because I've seen people talk about positive changes before crashes) That's if the changes are hormonal anyway. Maybe they aren't. Again..without hormone testing everyone is just guessing.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it work on temple points?
Yes I will slow down the loss wayyyyy more than nothing. It saved my temples about 15 years of recession. They receded, but nowhere near what they would have.
i actually just added H&S will see how it goes. it doesnt have ketoconazole in it so im presuming its another ingredient that benefits.

maybe i missed it, but can you wash the residue off your hair once all is absorbed? zix is really drying my hair out

the more i read, minoxidil + zix seem like such a great combo im just too frightened to try minoxidil again. ill see if zix has any positive effects and if so add minoxidil and monitor

Not sure what your bad effect was with minoxidil. But I cut my hair last week after 6-8 months of growing it. Got out of the shower and my hair looks amazing lm much thicker compared to pre minoxidil. I did have decent results with it in the past (pre zix in my late teens and twenties), but man my hair is way thicker, darker, coarser. Feel like I've gone back 10 years or more, except my hairline has receded slightly, but whatever I have left has really thickened up.

Its been ten months but so fair im maintaining maybe even still gaining. I'm due to start a new batch of minoxidil, as I'm finishing off the old one which is expired by two years. Maybe I'll have even better results.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
To me it seems more like it's doing the opposite, Zix gives me higher libido, thicker semen and my balls feel bigger

Could be, the zinc does help with T, so could be you're experiencing those positive benefits. I need to take zinc internally to see those results.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Yes I will slow down the loss wayyyyy more than nothing. It saved my temples about 15 years of recession. They receded, but nowhere near what they would have.

Not sure what your bad effect was with minoxidil. But I cut my hair last week after 6-8 months of growing it. Got out of the shower and my hair looks amazing lm much thicker compared to pre minoxidil. I did have decent results with it in the past (pre zix in my late teens and twenties), but man my hair is way thicker, darker, coarser. Feel like I've gone back 10 years or more, except my hairline has receded slightly, but whatever I have left has really thickened up.

Its been ten months but so fair im maintaining maybe even still gaining. I'm due to start a new batch of minoxidil, as I'm finishing off the old one which is expired by two years. Maybe I'll have even better results.
You're talking about effects from minoxidil here rather than zix right?

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using Zix (600mg Zinc sulphate by "Health Aid" brand, 150mg p5p, 15ml ethyl alcohol, 45ml destilled water) for about 2 weeks now and I feel like it increased my shedding.

I apply once per day in the morning at the hairline, crown and 2 spots of Alopecia Areata at my nape. Minoxidil at hairline and crown in the evening (I have been using minoxidil for years already).

Before Zix I had maybe 4-8 hairs in my hands when I washed my hair in the shower. Still especially my hairline deteriorated in 2020.

Now its more like 10-20 hairs in the shower.

At the same time, my itchy scalp definitely became better since I use Zix.

I will observe this very closely and keep you updated. Not sure what to think of it at this time but it is probably to early to judge.
So to give you guys an update.

I had to shave my head to 6mm hair length all around because hair dressers were closed in my country and my attempt to cut it myself failed.

Since the hair is so short I feel like I have no shedding at all any more, but it is obviously a lot harder to spot a very short hair compared to my longer hair before.

I feel like my hairline stabilized on Zix. The hair at the hairline looks healthier and and not as wispy as before (might also be due to the shorter hair though). I have moderate to slow balding (Norwood 2 at 30 years old, no diffuse or crown thinning). If Zix could hold the hairloss at the hairline it would be a major success.

I'm using the original Pluspharma Zinc Sulphate (2 capsules), 150 mg B6, 15ml ethanol and 45ml distilled water. Only at night, minoxidil in the morning. No side effects at all.

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to hear, btw you're using minoxidil for years already too, do you have any sides from that? Bad, older looking skin, dark circles under your eyes, etc?
Funny that you ask. I actually completely overkilled it with minoxidil.

For 2 years I used minoxidil for scalp and face simultaneously (beards gains - spoiler: did not work for me, but for many others it did wonders). One year of the two I even used 10 % in the face.

Meanwhile I did not even use moisturizer as it is normally intended when you try to get a minoxidil beard.

It dried the hell out of my skin and I constantly had white flakes of dry skin or minoxidil residues on my face, but I wanted a beard so badly that I kept going.

However, after 2 years there was no more coping or hope that the beards might still grow and I stopped minoxidil usage at my face (but kept going on the scalp).

I started a skincare regimen to recover my skin (retinoids, Cerave moisturizer, niacinamide, sunscreen) and it worked quite well.

A few months in my skin started to look wayyy better, so I don't think I did permanent damage with the minoxidil.

Right now I am 30 years old and I started a new job last week. New colleagues were surprised when they heard my age and said they would have guessed me on early to mid 20s.

So my conclusion is if you take care of your skin, minoxidil on your scalp will not damage your skin.

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for answering my questions. How do you apply it, with a dropper? Did you have any experience with the foam too?
I use the provided dropper and my fingers to massage it in a little bit for a few seconds. Never used the foam since it is more expensive as far as I know.

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Paqua , dermarolling is supposed to be good for increasing beard hair. i have quite a thick beard so havent tried, maybe do some research

do people reccomend minoxidil in liquid/foam/brands, or does it not matter? Although I had a bad experience with minoxidil, I'm willing to give us another chance and I bought some regaine today.... currently sitting on the counter :) still nervous to try

interestingly since I started my treatments i too have noticed small hairs but also some shedding, as you say it is really hard to tell

@Pigeon do you use or have tried minoxidil?

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ran across this on Amazon:

Only ingredients are purified water and zinc sulfate heptahydrate - seems like it would be ideal for using in zix.

Has anyone tried it? Any thoughts?
i actually saw this too but wasnt sure because my 'understanding' although dont quote me on it, is that there needs to be 'elemental zinc' as he states '220 mg zinc sulfate capsule. (Each 220mg zinc sulfate capsule actually only contains 50mg of elemental zinc)'

And the only one i found that stated this on the label was the same one worm bought i believe

UK versions for anyone interested:

That company also does the p5p in liquid too and apparently the liquid would have higher absorbancy. but im a little paranoid anout losing any further hair so 'if it aint broke dont fix it' i guess :)

Last edited:

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ukrmd No, I never tried minoxidil and I'm still not sure if I'm going to use it. But I'm tempted, especially after worm's experience with minoxidil.
cool.... exactly that, and well i thought after reading around and finding more evidence in favour of minoxidil and disproving what i thought i experienced, i would try it. day 2 now.

im taking the zix in the morning and minoxidil in the evening before bed (worm does it the other way round, presuming this is just prefernce?) last night i got a pretty bad headache, not sure if its related although i did only have 5 hours sleep previous, so guess i'll keep an eye on things. i can say so far something from my routine seems to be working, alot of miniaturised hairs esp around my receding lines (nw2 i think). My fingers are crossed....

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
i actually saw this too but wasnt sure because my 'understanding' although dont quote me on it, is that there needs to be 'elemental zinc' as he states '220 mg zinc sulfate capsule. (Each 220mg zinc sulfate capsule actually only contains 50mg of elemental zinc)'

And the only one i found that stated this on the label was the same one worm bought i believe

UK versions for anyone interested:

That company also does the p5p in liquid too and apparently the liquid would have higher absorbancy. but im a little paranoid anout losing any further hair so 'if it aint broke dont fix it' i guess :)
The elemental zinc in every zinc sulfate heptahydrate product should be the same. Capsules have filler that also can dissolve and interact with actives so if anything you have a higher chance of success

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score
The elemental zinc in every zinc sulfate heptahydrate product should be the same. Capsules have filler that also can dissolve and interact with actives so if anything you have a higher chance of success
interesting so the liquid may be better then, with no yellow stains either! I guess its trialling it and gettting the ml/mg correct

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
interesting so the liquid may be better then, with no yellow stains either! I guess its trialling it and gettting the ml/mg correct

The label is a bit confusing but more than likely it contains 10mg of elemental zinc per 5mL (instead of 10mg of zinc sulfate heptahydrate).

So then 25mL (50mg elemental zinc) would be the same as one 220mg cap (50mg elemental zinc).

Do you have a link to the liquid p5p? I cant seem to find it.

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure here you go:

so then if 25ml of zinc plus whatever ml of p5p, would need to figure out how much to apply. i havent calculated 100% properly but its 60ml of eth/distilled water, using a 1-2ml dose per go

the p5p says 836mcg per dose, 1333 doses per 100ml bottle, so a dose is 0.0075ml

180 doses = 150mg, so 0.0075 x 180 = 1.35ml?

then 1.35ml + 25ml zinc + 60ml = 86.35ml total matching formula

so you would probably have to do more closer to 2-3ml per dose

i think my math is right? or is it 13.5ml of liquid p5p

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
sure here you go:

so then if 25ml of zinc plus whatever ml of p5p, would need to figure out how much to apply. i havent calculated 100% properly but its 60ml of eth/distilled water, using a 1-2ml dose per go

the p5p says 836mcg per dose, 1333 doses per 100ml bottle, so a dose is 0.0075ml

180 doses = 150mg, so 0.0075 x 180 = 1.35ml?

then 1.35ml + 25ml zinc + 60ml = 86.35ml total matching formula

so you would probably have to do more closer to 2-3ml per dose

i think my math is right? or is it 13.5ml of liquid p5p

Thanks - doesn't seem to be available in the US though. Also I noticed that it contains potassium carbonate - for me it seems risky as it might have a negative effect. I would probably opt to go with something like this:

That way, with the liquid zinc and powder p5p, we are not adding anything other than zinc/p5p.

However if you decide to use it, this is what I came up with:

The formula asks for 150mg of p5p and each drop/serving has 0.848mg of p5p --> 150mg/0.848mg = 177 drops

The bottle has 100mL and contains 1333 servings --> 100mL/1333 = 0.075mL per drop/serving

177 drops x 0.075mL = ~13mL

Now if we have 25mL for the zinc and 13mL for the p5p, it comes out to 38mL total

So if we want to have the same 60mL as the original formula, we would only add 7mL of distilled water (instead of 45mL). This way each drop will contain the same amount of zinc/p5p as the original formula.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're talking about effects from minoxidil here rather than zix right?
not sure - think both. Zix has slowed the loss to next to nothing. Recently adding minoxidil has brought back 7-10 years of density, fullness back to my hair. I suspect this is similar to what finasteride and minoxidil would do.