My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's important to store zix in the freezer?
a batch for 1 month

Thanks

I think you mean to keep it cool in the fridge. I dont, because i think the alcohol preserves it. But i do find after 3-4 weeks it may be less effective. Perhaps refrigeration could help.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny that you ask. I actually completely overkilled it with minoxidil.

For 2 years I used minoxidil for scalp and face simultaneously (beards gains - spoiler: did not work for me, but for many others it did wonders). One year of the two I even used 10 % in the face.

Meanwhile I did not even use moisturizer as it is normally intended when you try to get a minoxidil beard.

It dried the hell out of my skin and I constantly had white flakes of dry skin or minoxidil residues on my face, but I wanted a beard so badly that I kept going.

However, after 2 years there was no more coping or hope that the beards might still grow and I stopped minoxidil usage at my face (but kept going on the scalp).

I started a skincare regimen to recover my skin (retinoids, Cerave moisturizer, niacinamide, sunscreen) and it worked quite well.

A few months in my skin started to look wayyy better, so I don't think I did permanent damage with the minoxidil.

Right now I am 30 years old and I started a new job last week. New colleagues were surprised when they heard my age and said they would have guessed me on early to mid 20s.

So my conclusion is if you take care of your skin, minoxidil on your scalp will not damage your skin.

I love hearing these stories. minoxidil and Zix are such a great combo. Keep it up.

For your skin, I went through a bad stretch and had nasty wrinkles on my forehead. But that was more dry sking. I applied extra virgin coconut oil, and it brought my skin back to life. I havent used it more than a couple times at the beginning, but maybe worth a try overnight.

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love hearing these stories. minoxidil and Zix are such a great combo. Keep it up.

For your skin, I went through a bad stretch and had nasty wrinkles on my forehead. But that was more dry sking. I applied extra virgin coconut oil, and it brought my skin back to life. I havent used it more than a couple times at the beginning, but maybe worth a try overnight.
Is not Zix just a really weak finasteride? Does it not do the same? Does this mean if someone takes 0.025 mg of finasteride weekly or something it would work like a Zix?

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone else have the problem that his Zix is really yellow and you have the choice of either applying it at morning and having a yellow hairline all day or at night and smearing it onto your pillowcase?

Especially after a few days my Zix turns really yellow. I have to hide it in the bathroom so nobody thinks I am storing my own urine lol

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes so far im applying zix in the mornings and wait for it to absorb/dry, then i wash it out so no yellow, otherwise its a bit too obvious. unless i swap round and apply at night and minoxidil in the day

I have added minoxidil like worm, and so far im seeing more and more small regrowth, no shedding/side effects yet but early days.... very hopeful!

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks - doesn't seem to be available in the US though. Also I noticed that it contains potassium carbonate - for me it seems risky as it might have a negative effect. I would probably opt to go with something like this:

That way, with the liquid zinc and powder p5p, we are not adding anything other than zinc/p5p.

However if you decide to use it, this is what I came up with:

The formula asks for 150mg of p5p and each drop/serving has 0.848mg of p5p --> 150mg/0.848mg = 177 drops

The bottle has 100mL and contains 1333 servings --> 100mL/1333 = 0.075mL per drop/serving

177 drops x 0.075mL = ~13mL

Now if we have 25mL for the zinc and 13mL for the p5p, it comes out to 38mL total

So if we want to have the same 60mL as the original formula, we would only add 7mL of distilled water (instead of 45mL). This way each drop will contain the same amount of zinc/p5p as the original formula.
right i see, i didnt know potassium carbonate was an issue tbh but well spotted

yes the powder might be an option, i have alot of tablets left but i might give this a try

did you order?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently, the yellow color is due to a filler used in most P5Ps. The one I used to use was milky white and the lab tests were sent my way, it was legit unless they are faking tests which I doubt

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing I gotta give credit to Zix the most, that things styles hair better than anything else. I avoid applying other things to prevent dutasteride from going into bloodstream but if I could I would use Zix ED for sure

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
right i see, i didnt know potassium carbonate was an issue tbh but well spotted

yes the powder might be an option, i have alot of tablets left but i might give this a try

did you order?
The powder or the liquid zinc? No, I have a bottle of the Plus Pharma zinc sulfate and Douglas Laboratories p5p - I plan to use those my first batch. I want to try those out first to see how it goes.

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 year 4 month update.
Seem to be maintaining. Actually think my hair looks better now.
LLLT + Zix is a good combo

Also gained about 3.3kg of muscle in that time.
Congrats!! Sounds like good results all round then

whats LLLT?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe add top dutasteride too

jd_uk

Reaction score
2 year 4 month update.
Seem to be maintaining. Actually think my hair looks better now.
LLLT + Zix is a good combo

Also gained about 3.3kg of muscle in that time.
Any photos of your hair?

Does anyone know if zix can cause any systemic hormone changes? And also would it be possible to keep using this if travelling around..or does it need to be stored in a certain way?

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks - doesn't seem to be available in the US though. Also I noticed that it contains potassium carbonate - for me it seems risky as it might have a negative effect. I would probably opt to go with something like this:

That way, with the liquid zinc and powder p5p, we are not adding anything other than zinc/p5p.

However if you decide to use it, this is what I came up with:

The formula asks for 150mg of p5p and each drop/serving has 0.848mg of p5p --> 150mg/0.848mg = 177 drops

The bottle has 100mL and contains 1333 servings --> 100mL/1333 = 0.075mL per drop/serving

177 drops x 0.075mL = ~13mL

Now if we have 25mL for the zinc and 13mL for the p5p, it comes out to 38mL total

So if we want to have the same 60mL as the original formula, we would only add 7mL of distilled water (instead of 45mL). This way each drop will contain the same amount of zinc/p5p as the original formula.
Guys,

What about this one here B6 P5P liquid et mix it with the Liquid zinc Sulphate.

What brand did you use for the zinc sulphate.

I am really trying to go the zix route and adding Breezula down the road.

I just quitted Finasteride (1 month use) due to Puffy Nipples. But I felt my hair is darker and strong.

Thanks

Attachments

• 16188553715015426737194549803534.jpg
    16188553715015426737194549803534.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 86