My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, bad news (?)

Scientists could get zinc into cell via using pyrithione, and zinc pyrithione is already out there for years (active ingredient of H&S etc. it’s also been tried as a topical on different forums.)

The only vitro study we have showed how zinc could get good DHT inhibition in vitro, which should happen with the ZP, and clearly it doesn’t.

I wonder where Joe got the zinc sulfate heptahydrate idea from but it seems to me that all it does is relieving inflammation which could be done way better with CRTH2 related drugs. I can’t get my head around how it could inhibit DHT but not the zinc pyrithione which literally goes into the cell. It just seems like the results are due to the limited effect of PGD2 blocking of zinc and it seems like it’s totally unrelated to DHT. I don’t think it can hold the shedding down (even setipiprant can’t).

Such a bummer. I hope I am wrong though.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
@sonictemples I strongly doubt your theory is right though, btw do you have any scientific background?

Maybe ask Joe himself, I think you can still contact him through twitter. I remember someone here who did that itt.

How are your results with zix been so far, you must be near the 6 month mark i think, are you intending on creating a thread mapping your progress?

Curioushair97

My Regimen
Reaction score
That could work. I have forgotten the exact recommended wait time. Read the last pages of the thread for more information. This was discussed there and many times before.

Your suggestions are not bad. Zix is trial and error, as you see in the first post of the thread.

Joe's page regarding azelaic acid contains some useful information:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_17.htm

Among other things, he mentions the importance of applying the acid solution a minute or two before Zix.
So is the acid solution really important in complementing zix?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
@sonictemples I strongly doubt your theory is right though, btw do you have any scientific background?

Maybe ask Joe himself, I think you can still contact him through twitter. I remember someone here who did that itt.

It’s not my “theory”, just what I’ve gathered from the available data. Scientific background= 7 years of interest in Androgenetic Alopecia

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out the try out an improved formula? It would be cool if we could add pyrithione to the original formula with gamma linoleic acid and saw palmetto. I can’t try it due to financial reasons.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started zix almost a week ago and I’ve noticed an increase of shedding in the shower and when I’m rubbing it in I’m getting lots of hair on my hands. Is it normal to shed when starting zix and how long will it last?

Last edited:

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out the try out an improved formula? It would be cool if we could add pyrithione to the original formula with gamma linoleic acid and saw palmetto. I can’t try it due to financial reasons.
One thing I've thought about over the years is in regards to vasodilation. Some believe that it's the mechanism of action for minoxidil and things like LLLT etc.. anyway there's loads of supplements based on l arginine, citrulline etc for systemic NO. Would this not help to add topically ? Or is the NO effect short lasting perhaps...or are the molecules too large... the italian Doctor's serum had l-carnitine in it. Anyway just thoughts.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing I've thought about over the years is in regards to vasodilation. Some believe that it's the mechanism of action for minoxidil and things like LLLT etc.. anyway there's loads of supplements based on l arginine, citrulline etc for systemic NO. Would this not help to add topically ? Or is the NO effect short lasting perhaps...or are the molecules too large... the italian Doctor's serum had l-carnitine in it. Anyway just thoughts.

It will help but the main mechanism of Minoxidil seems to be via Beta-catenin pathway

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost there, will post my conclusions here.

Did you see these studies? http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_30.htm

Author
Stamatiadis D; Bulteau-Portois MC; Mowszowicz I
Address
Laboratoire de Biochimie B, Hopital Necker-Enfants-Malades, Paris, France.
Source
Br J Dermatol, 119: 5, 1988 Nov, 627-32
Abstract

The effects of zinc sulphate and azelaic acid on 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin were studied using an in vitro assay with 1,2[3H]-testosterone as substrate. When added at concentrations of 3 or 9 mmol/l, zinc was a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase activity. At high concentrations, zinc could completely inhibit the enzyme activity. Azelaic acid was also a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase; inhibition was detectable at concentrations as low as 0.2 mmol/l and was complete at 3 mmol/l. An additive effect of the two inhibitors was observed. Vitamin B6 potentiated the inhibitory effect of zinc, but not of azelaic acid, suggesting that two different mechanisms are involved. When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had been shown to be ineffective alone, 90% inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity was obtained. If this inhibition is confirmed in vivo, zinc sulphate combined with azelaic acid could be an effective agent in the treatment of androgen related pathology of human skin.

Anyway, how it really works doesn't matter as it helps many people. I think the only way to make zix "better" is in combo with (daily?) needling as one user here proved with pictures.
Do you know what a vitro study is, right? Also all needling does is to increase absorption. You can get (hopefully) better results with pyrithione added minus the possible long term scarring of the scalp tissue.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course I know what in vitro and in vivo mean, are you implying an in vitro study has no value? And yes needling increases absorption and it seems to help with zix as a couple of users here reported.

And maybe pyrithione helps, hope you try it.
Just because it happened it a petri dish doesn’t make it 100% valid information. And, again, I can’t get it from overseas for obvious reasons.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I want to add that Zix is probably our last resort. Any other androgen seems to destroy eyes and neurochemicals, We have to make this work flawlessly. It should break down in blood and not have much of a 5ar inhibiting effect.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw, regenera activa also looks interesting, couple of users here who report success. Especially interesting for people who don't want to deal with any sort of AA at all.
Idk man, I just hope the Zix really is an antiandrogen which can reach 80-100% inhibition somehow. RU58841 seems to be bad for heart and finasteride isn't the best option either. If this doesn't work as well I don't know what to do.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk man, I just hope the Zix really is an antiandrogen which can reach 80-100% inhibition somehow. RU58841 seems to be bad for heart and finasteride isn't the best option either. If this doesn't work as well I don't know what to do.

If you have the money i would try CB if you don't want to use finasteride, it may be better than zix, though of course i would always say finasteride should be your first choice, maybe trying topical before oral though but i have no experience with topcal fina.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have the money i would try CB if you don't want to use finasteride, it may be better than zix, though of course i would always say finasteride should be your first choice, maybe trying topical before oral though but i have no experience with topcal fina.

CB0301 is so expensive for me :/

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I've created a Discord Server for us to improve the Zix formula.

If it works as well as the in-vitro studies, we will have 80-100 per cent inhibiton which is extremely potent and since we already have Zinc and P5P in our systems already, it will be harmless.

So, the same thing as Breezula but it's dirt cheap.

To recap: It's dirt cheap, possibly the most potent antiandrogen, side effect free.

Since we're all staying indoors all day, why not save us from the misery of hair loss by working together and experimenting with the formula.

Bump this, star it, make sure people see this, the more of us, the better.

Never-expiring invite link: https://discord.gg/7S9snFk

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol at idiots barging in here without even reading the last pages of the thread.

I have read the last pages. Please do enlighten me to which page someone has been able to document results. On page 163 a guy without hair loss posted pics. Great.