My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey worm! You still using the same exact formula from your original post? 15mls of ethyl alcahol, 45 mls of distilled water, 150 mg p5p b6, 660mg ot zinc, use 1-2mL twice a day

Hi yes, its probably more like 4mls once daily and maybe only 8-10mls Ethyl alcohol. I suspect 3.5 capsules is better for me, but I am pretty lazy and just settle at 3.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi yes, its probably more like 4mls once daily and maybe only 8-10mls Ethyl alcohol. I suspect 3.5 capsules is better for me, but I am pretty lazy and just settle at 3.
Would you recommend 4mls once a day or 2mls twice a day?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am pretty skeptic when it comes to hair growth products and even though I’ve never tried the heptahydrate of zinc sulfate, I can tell that it was a godsend to me. I didn’t get regrowth but that sh*t kept my hair for a while. If any of you are waiting for regrowth, add caffeine to it. It’s dirt cheap and it should work both to block androgens and stimulate just like minoxidil. Mix worm’s formula with 3-5% caffeine. And voilà, you’ll have your own natural finasteride-min combo!

chesco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have finished my first batch of Zix, which lasted me a bit less than a month using 2ml in the morning (I apply Rogaine foam at night). Using the formula in the first post (3 B6 P5P, 2 Zinc, 15ml ethyl alcohol, 45ml distilled water). I have seen reduced itch and pain in the scalp, but not a real reduction in hair shed, and I'm annoyed that it leaves a yellow stain in my skin (I think it might be that I need to change the order of how I mix things). No sides, other than some slight headaches that disappear after, and very intense (but brief) itch if I do high-frequency treatment on the scalp beforehand (basically a bactericide...thank my dermatologist for the tip!).

Still wanting to give this a shot for a few more months, but as I was starting to prep for my next batch, I noticed that I might have the wrong ingredients???

I know the P5P is OK, but my Zinc Heptahydrate is actually..."Heptahydrate equivalent". I hadn't noticed this before, did I mess this up? This was the only one available in Canada. See pics below.

If this is OK, and want to test the formula, should I increase or decrease the Zinc?

Thanks @worm

IMG_0844.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3855.JPG
    IMG_3855.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 112

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
The Pure encapsulations brand of P5P B6 is not available on amazon anymore. Any one have luck with a different brand?
You can find it on eBay and Vitacost.
I am pretty skeptic when it comes to hair growth products and even though I’ve never tried the heptahydrate of zinc sulfate, I can tell that it was a godsend to me. I didn’t get regrowth but that sh*t kept my hair for a while. If any of you are waiting for regrowth, add caffeine to it. It’s dirt cheap and it should work both to block androgens and stimulate just like minoxidil. Mix worm’s formula with 3-5% caffeine. And voilà, you’ll have your own natural finasteride-min combo!
Do you have any place to recommend where we can order an appropriate caffeine product, except from ordering from Miracle?
Have finished my first batch of Zix, which lasted me a bit less than a month using 2ml in the morning (I apply Rogaine foam at night). Using the formula in the first post (3 B6 P5P, 2 Zinc, 15ml ethyl alcohol, 45ml distilled water). I have seen reduced itch and pain in the scalp, but not a real reduction in hair shed, and I'm annoyed that it leaves a yellow stain in my skin (I think it might be that I need to change the order of how I mix things). No sides, other than some slight headaches that disappear after, and very intense (but brief) itch if I do high-frequency treatment on the scalp beforehand (basically a bactericide...thank my dermatologist for the tip!).

Still wanting to give this a shot for a few more months, but as I was starting to prep for my next batch, I noticed that I might have the wrong ingredients???

I know the P5P is OK, but my Zinc Heptahydrate is actually..."Heptahydrate equivalent". I hadn't noticed this before, did I mess this up? This was the only one available in Canada. See pics below.

If this is OK, and want to test the formula, should I increase or decrease the Zinc?

Thanks @worm

View attachment 139809
The itch and headache will probably go away if you reduce the amount of alcohol.

I suggest you replace the zinc product to be sure.

Last edited:

freebiefan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I use stemox as a vehicle replacing the alcohol+water? Should be fine right since alcohol only helps with absorption and not part of the formula?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can find it on eBay and Vitacost.

Do you have any place to recommend where we can order an appropriate caffeine product, except from ordering from Miracle?

The itch and headache will probably go away if you reduce the amount of alcohol.

I suggest you replace the zinc product to be sure.

I think Bulknutrition sells them but the one you mention is concentrated I believe. I can’t tell if you can get the same benefits but people have been using caffeine anhydrous for a long time on different forums. Let me know how it works for you!

Last edited:

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
I think Bulknutrition sells them but the one you mention is concentrated I believe. I can’t tell if you can get the same benefits but people have been using caffeine anhydrous for a long time on different forums. Let me know how it works for you!
Thank you. It is hard for people here on this forum to know how to do this when we have so little information. We need a link to an exact usable product and to know exactly how much of the product to add. I have not seen any site where it is explained in English how to apply caffeine topically. I have seen many different recommended percentages of caffeine. It would be helpful if you could give some of this information, and what exact product you use, how much, and how much Miracle recommends.

What are the reported side effects? I believe Miracle mentioned some. Are they similar to that of drinking much of caffeine products?

Can I use stemox as a vehicle replacing the alcohol+water? Should be fine right since alcohol only helps with absorption and not part of the formula?
It could work but you should not give up on Zix before you have tried it in standard form.

David9502

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys! I am starting to add Minoxidil into my regime in about a week. Any idea how to apply zix and minoxidil ? I can apply them only in the evening, as zix leaves a yellowish residue on my scalp, therefor I shower in the morning, and I also read that minoxidil makes hair greasy. Applying minoxidil and after 1-2 hours applying zix could be useful ?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. It is hard for people here on this forum to know how to do this when we have so little information. We need a link to an exact usable product and to know exactly how much of the product to add. I have not seen any site where it is explained in English how to apply caffeine topically. I have seen many different recommended percentages of caffeine. It would be helpful if you could give some of this information, and what exact product you use, how much, and how much Miracle recommends.

What are the reported side effects? I believe Miracle mentioned some. Are they similar to that of drinking much of caffeine products?

It could work but you should not give up on Zix before you have tried it in standard form.

I think people over at Regrowth forum have used anhydrous caffeine tablets/powders. I don’t know about the consensus really but it’s worth a shot!

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using zix for about a month now, once 1.5ml or so daily in the morning and using ordinary serum at night. No change in shedding or itch. Any suggestions? Should I start adding ethyl alcohol? Apply more zix? Maybe twice a day? I also micro needle once a week or two weeks. No sides on any of these.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if its important to potentiate the presence of zinc within a cell as opposed to around them.

I'm no scientist but I found this non-hair related clip interesting, particularly the part on the biological role of zinc and things like pyrithione (ie. head and shoulders) and chloroquine (malaria/covid19 treatment) which help zinc enter cells. I find Head and Shoulders very helpful...makes me want to add pyrithione or chloroquine to my zix.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we can improve the formula of Zix, zınc pıcolınate afaik is the best absorbable type of zinc topically. Maybe we can achieve near finasteride if done correctly.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but since most of us are quarantining right now, it might be a very good time to sit down, do a research and reformulate the Zix forrmula. Joe did a great job but it was more than 20 years ago. We have Google on our fingertips. We can just open the Zinc+P5P+Azelaic research paper then measure the molecules, find a way to literally deliver those, try it out and hopefully hit near 80 per cent inhibition. Because if it happens in vitro the chances are it WILL happen in vivo if done correctly, when things gert systemic it's just a very small concentration so it won't do crap therefore no side effects. This can be better than finasteride, dutasteride, RU58841, CB0301. Who's with me in this?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great initiative! But who here knows enough about biochemistry to really help though.

There's always people on internet :) Why not go on chemistry etc. forums to ask people to help us out. We have to organize well enough though

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but since most of us are quarantining right now, it might be a very good time to sit down, do a research and reformulate the Zix forrmula. Joe did a great job but it was more than 20 years ago. We have Google on our fingertips. We can just open the Zinc+P5P+Azelaic research paper then measure the molecules, find a way to literally deliver those, try it out and hopefully hit near 80 per cent inhibition. Because if it happens in vitro the chances are it WILL happen in vivo if done correctly, when things gert systemic it's just a very small concentration so it won't do crap therefore no side effects. This can be better than finasteride, dutasteride, RU58841, CB0301. Who's with me in this?
While I don’t agree it would be better than finasteride, duta, etc, I do think that people should add azelaic acid to their regimen as that in vitro study showed the combination of the three to be most effective by far. I make a zix concoction and then a separate azelaic acid mix and then apply them one after another once a day.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
While I don’t agree it would be better than finasteride, duta, etc, I do think that people should add azelaic acid to their regimen as that in vitro study showed the combination of the three to be most effective by far. I make a zix concoction and then a separate azelaic acid mix and then apply them one after another once a day.

These all have been tried already, I don't think we have the full potential of Zix yet. I don't see a reason for it not to work just as well as it did in vitro studies which was 80-100 per cent inhibition. We just have to get it in the cell in right amounts, which can be definitely improved on. Finasteride inhibits about 40 per cent scalp DHT so I think that's why it might be better than that. Also lesser side effect profile.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys! I am starting to add Minoxidil into my regime in about a week. Any idea how to apply zix and minoxidil ? I can apply them only in the evening, as zix leaves a yellowish residue on my scalp, therefor I shower in the morning, and I also read that minoxidil makes hair greasy. Applying minoxidil and after 1-2 hours applying zix could be useful ?
That could work. I have forgotten the exact recommended wait time. Read the last pages of the thread for more information. This was discussed there and many times before.
Been using zix for about a month now, once 1.5ml or so daily in the morning and using ordinary serum at night. No change in shedding or itch. Any suggestions? Should I start adding ethyl alcohol? Apply more zix? Maybe twice a day? I also micro needle once a week or two weeks. No sides on any of these.
Your suggestions are not bad. Zix is trial and error, as you see in the first post of the thread.
Joe's page regarding azelaic acid contains some useful information:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_17.htm

Among other things, he mentions the importance of applying the acid solution a minute or two before Zix.

Last edited: