My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m running out of my first batch soon. Thinking about adding a second zinc capsule to make it more concentrated and/or using some ethyl alcohol in my next batch. Any thoughts? First batch didn’t do much

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW do you use nizoral (or another keto shampoo)? I had a terrible experience with it - shedding tons of hair, and suspect it may have a bad interaction with zix. I stopped shedding when I stopped nizoral. Just a thought.
No, I do not use keto shampoo.

Curioushair97

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using 40% vodka, should I increase the amount of vodka I add to the solution compared to if it was just pure ethyl?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW do you use nizoral (or another keto shampoo)? I had a terrible experience with it - shedding tons of hair, and suspect it may have a bad interaction with zix. I stopped shedding when I stopped nizoral. Just a thought.

Had a terrible experience with keto shampoo too.

Shed hair that never grew back.

Oueyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys use alongside zix ? I need to buy new shampoo, don't have any good references except that i should avoid sulfate. I'm also looking to implement an other natural but efficient treatment that can synergize with zix but i have no idea what to do.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if adding caffeine to the mix would affect the zinc’s ability to absorb through the scalp. Caffeine seems to be a good stimulator but it has tannins that bind into the zinc when taken orally. I think caffeine+zix can have the effect of stimulation and dht inhibition (similar to the “big 2”)

Curioushair97

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've noticed on the Zix website that it says to leave the formula for a couple days to settle. Is this recommended by you guys?

Hnguyen

My Regimen
Reaction score
So zix and minoxidil do not work then? Did you try fina and did that work for you.

Just read the thread, enough people here with long term usage and success of zix.

finasteride worked for me but I had sides, so I stopped. Does Zix work for you? Do you have itchy scalp?

zixcross

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for slow replies. Yes you need heptahydrate. You can find it on ebay, it may cost around 25$ to bring to canada. I know I've done it, and I dont think it was super cheap. But the bottle will last you 2 years.

Thanks for your comment worm. I finally got the ingredients of zix and made the first solution. I'm to use the original zix (zinc, b6, distilled water) first for 2 weeks, and then add ethyl alcohol to the solution to see what happens.

Let me attach the bottles I bought and the zix solution. And may I ask you 2 questions?

1. Could you (or anyone who's been on zix) tell me if this is how zix should look (color)? (2nd photo)
2. Have you ever used zix with dermarollers or dermastamps to boost the absorption?

My solution is mixed with those as follows.
- 4oz of distilled water
- One 220mg zinc sulfate
- Three 50mg (total 150mg) B6

Attachments

• 211.jpg
    211.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 209

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Yup my zix also looks like that.
2. No experience, but there's one user here who did the zix/needling combo and he had great results.
Do you think the heptahydrate zix worked better than setipiprant?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
The Pure encapsulations brand of P5P B6 is not available on amazon anymore. Any one have luck with a different brand?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment worm. I finally got the ingredients of zix and made the first solution. I'm to use the original zix (zinc, b6, distilled water) first for 2 weeks, and then add ethyl alcohol to the solution to see what happens.

Let me attach the bottles I bought and the zix solution. And may I ask you 2 questions?

1. Could you (or anyone who's been on zix) tell me if this is how zix should look (color)? (2nd photo)
2. Have you ever used zix with dermarollers or dermastamps to boost the absorption?

My solution is mixed with those as follows.
- 4oz of distilled water
- One 220mg zinc sulfate
- Three 50mg (total 150mg) B6

Looks ok, however I mix it with just under 2oz of distilled water and a splash of ethyl alcohol 70% (good luck finding that these days), as well as 3 zincs.

See how it goes though, good luck!

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks ok, however I mix it with just under 2oz of distilled water and a splash of ethyl alcohol 70% (good luck finding that these days), as well as 3 zincs.

See how it goes though, good luck!
Hey worm! You still using the same exact formula from your original post? 15mls of ethyl alcahol, 45 mls of distilled water, 150 mg p5p b6, 660mg ot zinc, use 1-2mL twice a day

zixcross

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys,

Do I have to wash my hair every time before applying zix? If that's the case, it means I need to wash my hair 2 times a day?

INT

Reaction score
Guys,

Do I have to wash my hair every time before applying zix? If that's the case, it means I need to wash my hair 2 times a day?

Every topical gets absorbed better on a fleshy washed scalp but I guess that there will still be efficacy if you do not wash your hair everyday.