My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The majority of guys don't get sides from 5ar inhibitors, and those that do get sides most commonly only get mild sides. My view on Post-finasteride syndrome is that its credibility is open to debate. But anyway, probably best we don't get side-tracked on this discussion.

If your hair loss is getting aggressive, I doubt that using zix will do much at all. Unfortunately, finasteride (and dutasteride) is the only thing we have that has a reasonably good chance of successfully treating aggressive loss.
Why are you even on this Zix thread...? Stop downplaying the potential dangers of finasteride. People are here because they’re seeking an ALTERNATIVE to finasteride... everyone is well aware of finasteride’s efficacy. No one needs you here beating your chest to the obvious that finasteride > zix. You add 0 value to this thread so go ahead and f*** off to the PFS thread where you belong.

Reaction score
Why are you even on this Zix thread...? Stop downplaying the potential dangers of finasteride. People are here because they’re seeking an ALTERNATIVE to finasteride... everyone is well aware of finasteride’s efficacy. No one needs you here beating your chest to the obvious that finasteride > zix. You add 0 value to this thread so go ahead and f*** off to the PFS thread where you belong.
With that last post I had finished what I was going to say on the matter. I was just replying to what Pigeon had said. I wasn't intending to offend anyone, and sorry if I did.

I think I might take a break from these forums from now on.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm. Hopefully, you're maintaining your hair with zix.

Do you think zinc has to be zinc heptahydrate? In canada, I only see Zinc monohydrate in amazon. Any thoughts on this?
Btw, I'm thinking of trying the original zix if you ask me.

Sorry for slow replies. Yes you need heptahydrate. You can find it on ebay, it may cost around 25$ to bring to canada. I know I've done it, and I dont think it was super cheap. But the bottle will last you 2 years.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
With that last post I had finished what I was going to say on the matter. I was just replying to what Pigeon had said. I wasn't intending to offend anyone, and sorry if I did.

I think I might take a break from these forums from now on.

Dont sweat it. You weren't overly aggressive just adding your opinion. I have no issue with that. Some people thrive on finasteride, others like myself did not. If you can use it without sides then that's good for you I hope. Hopefully no long term effects

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really can't tell, most people report decrease in shedding and worm says thats the goal behind it.
I for myself see increased shedding although hair is getting better despite the shedding.

You shouldn't be increasing shedding. Did you say you're using regenepure ?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we have someone whom used monohydrate and didn’t experience the benefits while being okay on heptahydrate?

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
You shouldn't be increasing shedding. Did you say you're using regenepure ?
No, I use head and shoulders and I really don't know what I should chance in my routine.
It's really hard to ignore the excessive shedding.
I do not loose much hair in the shower or when I brush my dry hair.
Just when I brush my hair after washing each other day.
Believe me, it's horrible.
Im thinking about changing the formula and leaving the p5p out, but I'm not sure if that would help.
I would really appreciate any kind of advice.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I use head and shoulders and I really don't know what I should chance in my routine.
It's really hard to ignore the excessive shedding.
I do not loose much hair in the shower or when I brush my dry hair.
Just when I brush my hair after washing each other day.
Believe me, it's horrible.
Im thinking about changing the formula and leaving the p5p out, but I'm not sure if that would help.
I would really appreciate any kind of advice.

Maybe lower your zix to one capsule. Do you generally have an itchy scalp? Are you using heptahydrate ?

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I use the plus pharma zinc sulfate and the elogical formulas p5p.
So you would recommend staying at 140 mg p5p and just use 1 capsule of zinc?
I tried zix as recommended last year but had the same excessive shedding, too.
I also have the pure encapsulation p5p, but never used them.
Would it be worth trying that instead of elogical formulas?
Or at first just one zinc pill?
I did have an itchy scalp, which goes away when using zix

Last edited:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also have the pure encapsulation p5p, but never used it.
Do you use alcohol or just distilled water?
I did shed more when I used it. Might try it again with lower zinc.

Leexa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Residual powder is standard Zix behavior. Shake the bottle before each application.

No need to apply Zix where there is no balding.

Reducing or removing the alcohol has solved headache and other problems. If any trouble persists, you can apply Zix once daily instead of twice, or use the original Zix, which contains less zinc and no alcohol:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_7.htm

We Europeans can find the right products on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...esc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=pluspharma+zinc+sulfate

So i bought this zinc heptahydrate as recommanded by Link and worm and when i received the product, i realized that there is also 29mg of Calcium per tablet. Is that problematic ?

+

Can i consume it orally in addition of topical zix ?

EDIT : It feels like, whether it's for the zinc or the b6 P5P, whenever I'm looking for any product, it always comes with other ingredients and is never fully pure zinc/b6. What's your opinion on the plausible effects on the formula ?

Thanks !

Attachments

• 88955789_671824810025299_757178313100754944_n.jpg
    88955789_671824810025299_757178313100754944_n.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any consensus to when I can start seeing results? I’ve been on zix 1 for about three weeks now, once daily. Also using ordinary serum once daily. I don’t see any change in shedding, still have inflammation and itchiness.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any consensus to when I can start seeing results? I’ve been on zix 1 for about three weeks now, once daily. Also using ordinary serum once daily. I don’t see any change in shedding, still have inflammation and itchiness.

Did you go from finasteride to zix?

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you go from finasteride to zix?

I’ve been trying to get rid of that in my profile. I only took finasteride for about two months a couple years ago, got really bad side effects. So I haven’t really been doing anything except microneedling once in a while.

Reaction score
Dont sweat it. You weren't overly aggressive just adding your opinion. I have no issue with that. Some people thrive on finasteride, others like myself did not. If you can use it without sides then that's good for you I hope. Hopefully no long term effects
Thanks man. I'm not sure why Omega2327 had to respond to me the way he did, but anyway, I wish all of you luck with using zix. I've no doubt that zix does help the hair, and there was that study done that showed topical zinc to be beneficial. Anyway, I think I'm gonna move on now from visiting hair loss forums. Good luck :)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also have the pure encapsulation p5p, but never used them.
I did have an itchy scalp, which goes away when using zix

Yes, try zix with one zinc maybe even half a capsule and see how it goes. What's your formula otherwise?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So i bought this zinc heptahydrate as recommanded by Link and worm and when i received the product, i realized that there is also 29mg of Calcium per tablet. Is that problematic ?

+

Can i consume it orally in addition of topical zix ?

EDIT : It feels like, whether it's for the zinc or the b6 P5P, whenever I'm looking for any product, it always comes with other ingredients and is never fully pure zinc/b6. What's your opinion on the plausible effects on the formula ?

Thanks !

It still works. Dont worry about the calcium carb.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Can you post your formula and ingredients including brand ?