My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Hnguyen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using Zix for 4months in the morning and minoxidil at night. It didn’t work for me. I guess it only works for those who have itchy scalp inflammation which I don’t experience.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
This post is 4 years old, are there any anectodes (longer term successes) or nothing at all?

I’ve been on monohydrate zix for 7 months and can’t really tell if hepta in going to be beneficial to me in any way

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This post is 4 years old, are there any anectodes (longer term successes) or nothing at all?

I’ve been on monohydrate zix for 7 months and can’t really tell if hepta in going to be beneficial to me in any way
There isn't. The composition of Zix (azelaic acid + zinc sulphate + vitamin B6 ) only allows for an anti-inflammatory properties, and in azelaic acid's favor, it has an inhibitory effect on 5AR type 1 (not type 2, which is the most prevelant in hairloss). Since 5AR Type 1 is predominant in sebum, it can help with hair since you'll be reducing sebum production and therefore reducing inflammation. But, if you are suffering from aggressive balding and wanted regrowth, drop this bullcrap and try proven-to-work medications.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the one who thinks DHT is a "worthless" hormone. Lol, if you want to castrate yourself to have a chance of saving your hair then please do so but leave rational people alone.

Another nice note, he uses duta + cypro, let's see what the side effects of cypro are just to really understand with what kind of person we're dealing with:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyproterone_acetate

Cyproterone acetate (CPA), sold alone under the brand name Androcur or with ethinylestradiol under the brand names Diane or Diane-35 among others, is an antiandrogen and progestin medication which is used in the treatment of androgen-dependent conditions like acne, excessive hair growth, early puberty, and prostate cancer, as a component of feminizing hormone therapy for transgender women, and in birth control pills.[3][11][13][14][15

CPA is widely used as an antiandrogen and progestogen in feminizing hormone therapy for transgender women.[71][72][73][74][75][76][77]

Common side effects of high-dose CPA in men include gynecomastia (breast development) and feminization. In both men and women, possible side effects of CPA include low sex hormone levels, reversible infertility, sexual dysfunction, fatigue, depression, weight gain, and elevated liver enzymes. At very high doses in older individuals, significant cardiovascular complications can occur. Rare but serious adverse reactions of CPA include blood clots, liver damage, and certain types of benign brain tumors. CPA can also cause adrenal insufficiency as a withdrawal effect if it is discontinued abruptly from a high dosage. CPA blocks the effects of androgens like testosterone in the body, which it does by preventing them from interacting with their biological target, the androgen receptor (AR), and by reducing their production by the gonads and hence their concentrations in the body.[3][13][16] In addition, it has progesterone-like effects by activating the progesterone receptor (PR).[3][13] It can also produce weak cortisol-like effects at very high doses.[3]

Now let's wait how he tries to downplay the hormonal poison he takes. It's already sad enough some are willing to go to these lengths but promoting his "proven to work (castration) medication" regimen is something else, go back to your transexual thread where people are asexual and don't care about their health.
I don't see why you are turning this on me. I gave the guy who i was quoting some info on what Zix is, how it works and how its not a valuable treatment for aggressive baldness. You don't need to be such a dick about it. It makes you look bad. Plus, i can be on whoever's thread i want, if you anti-finasteride crazies can be on a finasteride thread, and try to persuade people into dropping finasteride and trying Zix. An eye for an eye.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
So i bought this zinc heptahydrate as recommanded by Link and worm and when i received the product, i realized that there is also 29mg of Calcium per tablet. Is that problematic ?

+

Can i consume it orally in addition of topical zix ?

EDIT : It feels like, whether it's for the zinc or the b6 P5P, whenever I'm looking for any product, it always comes with other ingredients and is never fully pure zinc/b6. What's your opinion on the plausible effects on the formula ?

Thanks !
The calcium and other ingredients should not be a problem. This is the product pictured on the Zix website.

You can consume it orally but it is considered safest to do so only if you add copper, or you could struggle with copper deficiency as a result of the high amount of zinc.
This is the one who thinks DHT is a "worthless" hormone. Lol, if you want to castrate yourself to have a chance of saving your hair then please do so but leave rational people alone.

Another nice note, he uses duta + cypro, let's see what the side effects of cypro are just to really understand with what kind of person we're dealing with:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyproterone_acetate

Cyproterone acetate (CPA), sold alone under the brand name Androcur or with ethinylestradiol under the brand names Diane or Diane-35 among others, is an antiandrogen and progestin medication which is used in the treatment of androgen-dependent conditions like acne, excessive hair growth, early puberty, and prostate cancer, as a component of feminizing hormone therapy for transgender women, and in birth control pills.[3][11][13][14][15

CPA is widely used as an antiandrogen and progestogen in feminizing hormone therapy for transgender women.[71][72][73][74][75][76][77]

Common side effects of high-dose CPA in men include gynecomastia (breast development) and feminization. In both men and women, possible side effects of CPA include low sex hormone levels, reversible infertility, sexual dysfunction, fatigue, depression, weight gain, and elevated liver enzymes. At very high doses in older individuals, significant cardiovascular complications can occur. Rare but serious adverse reactions of CPA include blood clots, liver damage, and certain types of benign brain tumors. CPA can also cause adrenal insufficiency as a withdrawal effect if it is discontinued abruptly from a high dosage. CPA blocks the effects of androgens like testosterone in the body, which it does by preventing them from interacting with their biological target, the androgen receptor (AR), and by reducing their production by the gonads and hence their concentrations in the body.[3][13][16] In addition, it has progesterone-like effects by activating the progesterone receptor (PR).[3][13] It can also produce weak cortisol-like effects at very high doses.[3]

Now let's wait how he tries to downplay the hormonal poison he takes. It's already sad enough some are willing to go to these lengths but promoting his "proven to work (castration) medication" regimen is something else, go back to your transexual thread where people are asexual and don't care about their health.
People coming to attack Zix is a good sign indicating that its popularity is on the rise. There was much of such arguing in the past after Zix first appeared with many good reviews. So much that the Zix creator left. Keeping it positive and rational and ignoring negativity seems to be the way to go, as with many other things in life.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post your formula and ingredients including brand ?
Yes. I am using the formula on the original website. 1x 220mg zinc, 3x 50mg b6, and distilled water. I’m very prone to side effects (got them on both finasteride and min) so I wanted to start with the simple formula. Any suggestions? I’ll continue to use this in the mean time.

edit: brands are the ones you suggested

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I am using the formula on the original website. 1x 220mg zinc, 3x 50mg b6, and distilled water. I’m very prone to side effects (got them on both finasteride and min) so I wanted to start with the simple formula. Any suggestions? I’ll continue to use this in the mean time.

edit: brands are the ones you suggested
What sides did you get from min?

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long you should leave zix on your head before you wash it off or shower?

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People coming to attack Zix is a good sign indicating that its popularity is on the rise. There was much of such arguing in the past after Zix first appeared with many good reviews. So much that the Zix creator left. Keeping it positive and rational and ignoring negativity seems to be the way to go, as with many other things in life.
So, because i voiced an opposing fact (and i did say that Zix can help in some ways, but not aggressive baldness, plus i never said things like "it's totally useless" or whatnot), i am attacking Zix ??

It seems to me that you guys just cannot handle opposing views. And that's not a good thing.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
@-Link- You're right, I'll ignore him. I fell for the bait.
I am not saying we should not reply. Sometimes I feel it is necessary to prevent them from spreading misinformation. You made some good points and added some interesting information.
So, because i voiced an opposing fact (and i did say that Zix can help in some ways, but not aggressive baldness, plus i never said things like "it's totally useless" or whatnot), i am attacking Zix ??

It seems to me that you guys just cannot handle opposing views. And that's not a good thing.
Hello there. Text can sound cold and be misunderstood. I am not against you. I agree that opposing views is good. In fact, I am just happy to see Zix beginning to receive criticism. Let it come. My main point was that we should keep the discussion civilized and rational.
There isn't. The composition of Zix (azelaic acid + zinc sulphate + vitamin B6 ) only allows for an anti-inflammatory properties, and in azelaic acid's favor, it has an inhibitory effect on 5AR type 1 (not type 2, which is the most prevelant in hairloss). Since 5AR Type 1 is predominant in sebum, it can help with hair since you'll be reducing sebum production and therefore reducing inflammation. But, if you are suffering from aggressive balding and wanted regrowth, drop this bullcrap and try proven-to-work medications.
The problem with this text is that you call Zix "bullcrap" and talk as if it can do nothing to prevent hair loss. It triggers people. I suggest you visit the Zix website and read about how it works. There are plenty of reviews from people who stopped aggressive shedding from Zix.

Personally I choose not to attack finasteride, even though I would never use it. It is understandable, though, that some people feel the need to do so after experiencing serious side effects from it. Likewise, I would not attack Zix if I used finasteride. If your treatment works for you, I am glad.

Conclusion: hakuna matata.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there. Text can sound cold and be misunderstood. I am not against you. I agree that opposing views is good. In fact, I am just happy to see Zix beginning to receive criticism. Let it come. My main point was that we should keep the discussion civilized and rational.

The problem with this text is that you call Zix "bullcrap" and talk as if it can do nothing to prevent hair loss. It triggers people. I suggest you visit the Zix website and read about how it works. There are plenty of reviews from people who stopped aggressive shedding from Zix.

Personally I choose not to attack finasteride, even though I would never use it. It is understandable, though, that some people feel the need to do so after experiencing serious side effects from it. Likewise, I would not attack Zix if I used finasteride. If your treatment works for you, I am glad.

Conclusion: hakuna matata.
First of all, i have to thank you for your mature way of having a conversation, it's very rare you come across these types of people. So thank you for not lashing out the moment you see any criticism (unlike sir Pigeon over there).

Secondly, i do apologize for calling the product "bullcrap". I never said that it doesn't work, as i stated above that it does inhibit 5AR Type 1, meaning it possesses anti-inflammatory properties, which would help hair one way or another. I was only insinuating that pushing Zix, instead of finasteride/dutasteride/minoxidil to a balding NW4+ person, is not going to be of much help (i have seen it a handful of times in many threads, until i educated myself on it). Zix shouldn't be the first line of attack. I don't debunk anyone who got success on it, more power to him/her.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Two questions for @worm or someone else:
1. How long does zix take to dry like when can I where a hat or put my head on a pillow or whatever
2. If you use it with minoxidil how far should you spread them out

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all, i have to thank you for your mature way of having a conversation, it's very rare you come across these types of people. So thank you for not lashing out the moment you see any criticism (unlike sir Pigeon over there).

Secondly, i do apologize for calling the product "bullcrap". I never said that it doesn't work, as i stated above that it does inhibit 5AR Type 1, meaning it possesses anti-inflammatory properties, which would help hair one way or another. I was only insinuating that pushing Zix, instead of finasteride/dutasteride/minoxidil to a balding NW4+ person, is not going to be of much help (i have seen it a handful of times in many threads, until i educated myself on it). Zix shouldn't be the first line of attack. I don't debunk anyone who got success on it, more power to him/her.
I understand how you think. I would say Zix can be a good first product to try if the goal is to simply stop the hair loss like finasteride. Significant regrowth is unusual from it, though, but so is the case with finasteride, and some people use minoxidil alongside Zix. Finasteride seems to have a higher success rate than Zix, but some people are too afraid to try finasteride, or had so bad experience with it, that Zix can be a good solution.

hope to success

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using zix for a week helped me reduce my scalp itching, but it didn't get better. Has anyone tried to add cetirizine to zix? Can it produce better results?

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone get a slight burning sensation on the scalp after applying zix? It only last a minute or two but thought I’d check. Last thing I want to do is cause more harm.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
My formula is exactly like you stated in the first page.

BTW do you use nizoral (or another keto shampoo)? I had a terrible experience with it - shedding tons of hair, and suspect it may have a bad interaction with zix. I stopped shedding when I stopped nizoral. Just a thought.