My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

baydude

Reaction score
How long should I wait after microneedling to apply Zix? Also, should I be applying any ointment after microneedling?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 bottle of Pluspharma and Pure Encapsulations should last us at least a year, right?

Sebcar

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the people that dont like the yellow stain zix leaves, I have to say I dont mind it, I have black hair and since it stains my scalp yellow it creates a contrast with my black hair that makes the hair stand out.

tomerlevi052

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
Ill really apreciate your advice on the subject,

For the last 6 weeks,
I have been aplying zix (worm formula)
+ needeling weekly , once a week
(1.5 ml - derma pen)

I am expiriencing a very massive shedd,
From the 2nd week increasingly up to this 6nd week.

I am familiar with the paradigm of -- when you start a new treatment and you shedd thats an "ok" sign.
And for now, i am sticking with the regiment, strictly, and with disiplin.

But ill will be very happy to hear if any one expirienced something similiar?
Or noticed any reports about users shedding from zix / needeling
in the start of the treatment?

Thank you and i wish you all an head full of hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
Ill really apreciate your advice on the subject,

For the last 6 weeks,
I have been aplying zix (worm formula)
+ needeling weekly , once a week
(1.5 ml - derma pen)

I am expiriencing a very massive shedd,
From the 2nd week increasingly up to this 6nd week.

I am familiar with the paradigm of -- when you start a new treatment and you shedd thats an "ok" sign.
And for now, i am sticking with the regiment, strictly, and with disiplin.

But ill will be very happy to hear if any one expirienced something similiar?
Or noticed any reports about users shedding from zix / needeling
in the start of the treatment?

Thank you and i wish you all an head full of hair

What ingredients are you using? "Distilled" water, "ethyl" alcohol, zinc sulfate (must be heptahydrate). If u mess with any of that it won't likely work.

Also I dont know anything about needling, and I certainly dont do it.

tomerlevi052

My Regimen
Reaction score
What ingredients are you using? "Distilled" water, "ethyl" alcohol, zinc sulfate (must be heptahydrate). If u mess with any of that it won't likely work.

Also I dont know anything about needling, and I certainly dont do it.

Hi worm,
thank you for answering so quickly,

i am using:
- 2x caspules of zinc sulfate (PlusPharma)
- 3X capsules of b6 p5p (Pure encapsulations)
- "Distilled Water" 60-65 mls
- no ethyl alcohol (i prefer without it as i imagine that 1.5 ml holes in my scalp from the needling will be a good catalyzer for the zix to penetrate the scalp.)

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. Any chance you can specify exactly how much you use? Is it 3 caps of zinc and 3 caps of p-5-p in 45 ml of distilled water and 15 ml of ethyl alcohol once a day?
I'm on my second batch now and I've discovered it's quite important to get the ratio of Zinc and p5p correct.
I bought the zinc supplement from Joe's website and then followed his instructions for Super Zix II on his site. He specifies 1 220mg cap of Zinc sulphate but I remember that I followed Worms advice and doubled the dosage. I can't remember exactly how many caps I put in tbh...

When making the second batch I discovered that the caps I got from Joe are actually 50mg Zinc sulphate caps instead of the 220mg capsules. I had been on been on the second batch for about a week and I'd noticed a little bit of itching and hair loss (which had been down to like 0-3 strands of hair when applying Zix or Minoxidil, now it's up to 3-5). Nothing too serious but nevertheless I've made a third batch with the following ingredients to test the effectiveness in comparison:

220mg of Zinc sulphate ( 4.5 caps of 50mg)
150mg of p5p
1/2 ounce of 70% ethyl alcohol
3.5 ounces of distilled water.

I'll update in a week or so to let you know the effectiveness.

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zeruko can I ask what is your exact regimen including washing ur head. Like when you apply zix in the morning do you then wash your head before applying minoxidil and then leave the minoxidil overnight?
Thanks.

Morning: I just wash my hair because it clears the minoxidil from the previous night and makes it easier to style. Once my hair is dry I apply about about 2-3ml of Zix directly onto my scalp using a dropper.

Evening: After showering and drying my hair I apply some minoxidil foam. I put a dollop onto my hand and then rub it all over my scalp quickly.

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues sourcing ethyl alcohol in France? French law prevents pharmacies from selling it, as alcoholics used to get their daily supplies there (cheaper and more concentrated than retail alcohol). The only thing one can find on the pharmacy shelves is modified ethyl alcohol (70%) with camphor in it.

I wonder whether it is safe for one's scalp/follicles.
I had the same issue as you. Can't buy it in pharmacies in Ireland either. I bought mine from a Spanish seller on eBay. Cheap and worked a treat.

You can use vodka as well, it's essentially the same thing as ethyl alcohol.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I already have ethyl alcohol but it's 95%. Do you guys thinks that's okay or should I get the 70%?

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
I got the Super Zix II kit from here http://www.qdbd.com/hair_formulas_12.htm
It comes w/ Hair Muck to be mixed w/ Minoxidil but I've decided not to use Minoxidil since I've had bad side effects from it in the past. Should I still mix in the Hair Muck solution to Zix?
Super-Zix II is Zix with Hair Muck added. There is disagreement regarding which is the best and most effective product. The creator of this thread uses regular Zix. I and some others prefer it too. The Hair Muck contains saw palmetto, which reportedly causes some side effects similar to that of finasteride for some people. Another problem with Hair Muck is that it can leave scalp and hair greasy like muck for some people. Others are happy with the Hair Muck added.

I'm on my second batch now and I've discovered it's quite important to get the ratio of Zinc and p5p correct.
I bought the zinc supplement from Joe's website and then followed his instructions for Super Zix II on his site. He specifies 1 220mg cap of Zinc sulphate but I remember that I followed Worms advice and doubled the dosage. I can't remember exactly how many caps I put in tbh...

When making the second batch I discovered that the caps I got from Joe are actually 50mg Zinc sulphate caps instead of the 220mg capsules. I had been on been on the second batch for about a week and I'd noticed a little bit of itching and hair loss (which had been down to like 0-3 strands of hair when applying Zix or Minoxidil, now it's up to 3-5). Nothing too serious but nevertheless I've made a third batch with the following ingredients to test the effectiveness in comparison:

220mg of Zinc sulphate ( 4.5 caps of 50mg)
150mg of p5p
1/2 ounce of 70% ethyl alcohol
3.5 ounces of distilled water.

I'll update in a week or so to let you know the effectiveness.

From the Zix site:

(Each 220mg zinc sulfate capsule actually only contains 50mg of elemental zinc)

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_10.htm

As you can see, Joe's Major Zinc Sulfate and Plus Pharma Zinc Sulfate contain the same amount of zinc. Worm uses three capsules; you use 4.5 of the same strength. Who knows what concentration is best for you, but Worm notes that too much zinc could speed up the hair loss.

I already have ethyl alcohol but it's 95%. Do you guys thinks that's okay or should I get the 70%?
You could use a higher ratio of distilled water, and lower for your alcohol product.

Worm's formula:

15 ml of 70 percent alcohol
45 ml of distilled water

Photon's formula:

10 ml of 95 percent alcohol
50 ml of distilled water

Last edited:

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
The yellow staining is definitely a problem, especially for those with gray hair.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm,
thank you for answering so quickly,

i am using:
- 2x caspules of zinc sulfate (PlusPharma)
- 3X capsules of b6 p5p (Pure encapsulations)
- "Distilled Water" 60-65 mls
- no ethyl alcohol (i prefer without it as i imagine that 1.5 ml holes in my scalp from the needling will be a good catalyzer for the zix to penetrate the scalp.)

Strange it looks alright. You could maybe go down to one zinc pill.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone from India here? I want to try this regimen but don't know how to go about it.
I wish someone sold readymade zix. Life would be much easier.

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
So if you want to adjust the formula for yourself, you all recommend changing the zinc dosage and not the p5p?

It would be great to hear from the ones experimenting with the formula and what worked for them?

Fry_bender

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys!

I started with zix in May, one month ago I did a change which I want to share with you.
I'm mixing zinc and b6 p5p with serioxyl, a l'oreal product for denser hair. I use it instead distilled water and ethyl alcohol and the result is great.

Cheers!