My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know how to open the picture in URL.. But its just a good bottom of powder.. But I guess I just need to shake well enough before application every time. Thanks

hope to success

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I use it, I will have muscle ache. If I adjust the dosage, it will still be the same. Will the symptom disappear if I continue to use it?

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zix is working amazingly well for me.
Ordered the ingredients from the Zix website so I could be sure I was getting the right stuff (there are far too many supplements that don't actually contain the ingredients that they say they do). I followed Worms advice and doubled the amount of Zix.
It took 3.5 weeks before the itching stopped and I just apply it in the morning since I use Minoxidil in the evening and I've read that Zix may interfere with its efficacy.
I use about 3-4ml via a dropper. I keep the Zix in the fridge when not in use.

Some background as I think it's important:
I'm a diffuse thinner and have been using Minoxidil with great success for the past 4 years. I started losing my hair at a rapid rate in June 2016 (on my 26th birthday, some birthday present). My scalp was more itchy than normal that day, had a shower and when I came out and dried my hair I found that it was extremely brittle, dry and was falling out. All I had to do was rub my scalp and 2 or 3 hairs would fall out every time.
Waited 2 weeks to be sure (tried some conditioning shampoos etc to no avail), went to the doctor and got prescribed finasteride (doctor advised me not to take it but I was desparate). Took it for 6 months and there was no difference, my scalp was still itching like mad and lots of hair still falling out.
Went back to the doctor and got minoxidil and Nizoral, hair immediately came back to life upon starting Minoxidil. Hair was very oily and soft after a week of usage. A month on the big 3 and I could see that my hair was going to come back.
However I had to stop taking Finasteride as I started experiencing ED, one day it just became extremely difficult to get hard and I could just sense something was off (people who have experienced this on finasteride know this feeling). Stopped taking it immediately and thought my hair loss would return. Thankfully it didn't and after going through the usual shed cycles that come with initial Minoxidil use, my hair was perfect again. I should note that I did microneedling once a week for the first 2 years of this Minoxidil/Nizoral regimen which I feel definitely helped. I switched to just using Minoxidil once a day after the first 2 years as that's all I needed to do to maintain.

Fast forward to January 2019 and the itch had come back a little bit along with a little bit of hair loss. I ignored this at the start but the itching and hair loss gradually increased in intensity until September 2019 when it was at 60% of what it was before minoxidil and Nizoral. Started using Minoxidil twice a day and went back to microneedling but it had no significant affect.

Found this thread and ordered Six ingredients. The first mix I tried was Super Zix II. But this gave me ED like symptoms which I put down to the pumpkin seed oil extract in the Hair Muck. Switched to the normal Zix formula with twice the amount of Zinc then. After 3.5 weeks the itch was gone and shedding was way down. Mostly only shedding weak looking hairs which I took as a good sign.

Im over 3 months into usage now and my hair has improved in thickness and density, I also like the look/texture it gives, great for styling for medium length hair!

@worm Thank you very much for posting this. Can't believe how unknown a simple and cheap formula like this is.
Quick question for you, I notice you use Zinc picollonate for libido, this is something I do/did as well. There seem to be quite a few similarities between our experiences so I wanted to ask this. When you initially started losing your hair, did you experience a small loss in libido as well? I did, and a very welcome side effect of Zix for me has been a massive increase in libido. It's back to teenage levels!
It's made me wonder whether we were deficient in Zinc and if this has a part to play in why Zix is so effective for us?

Again, thanks for this thread and for continuing to answer questions.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Ordered the ingredients from the Zix website so I could be sure I was getting the right stuff (there are far too many supplements that don't actually contain the ingredients that they say they do). I followed Worms advice and doubled the amount of Zix.
It took 3.5 weeks before the itching stopped and I just apply it in the morning since I use Minoxidil in the evening and I've read that Zix may interfere with its efficacy.

I'm a diffuse thinner and have been using Minoxidil with great success for the past 4 years. I started losing my hair at a rapid rate in June 2016 (on my 26th birthday, some birthday present). My scalp was more itchy than normal that day, had a shower and when I came out and dried my hair I found that it was extremely brittle, dry and was falling out. All I had to do was rub my scalp and 2 or 3 hairs would fall out every time.
Waited 2 weeks to be sure (tried some conditioning shampoos etc to no avail), went to the doctor and got prescribed finasteride (doctor advised me not to take it but I was desparate). Took it for 6 months and there was no difference, my scalp was still itching like mad and lots of hair still falling out.
Went back to the doctor and got minoxidil and Nizoral, hair immediately came back to life upon starting Minoxidil. Hair was very oily and soft after a week of usage. A month on the big 3 and I could see that my hair was going to come back.
However I had to stop taking Finasteride as I started experiencing ED, one day it just became extremely difficult to get hard and I could just sense something was off (people who have experienced this on finasteride know this feeling). Stopped taking it immediately and thought my hair loss would return. Thankfully it didn't and after going through the usual shed cycles that come with initial Minoxidil use, my hair was perfect again. I should note that I did microneedling once a week for the first 2 years of this Minoxidil/Nizoral regimen which I feel definitely helped. I switched to just using Minoxidil once a day after the first 2 years as that's all I needed to do to maintain.

Fast forward to January 2019 and the itch had come back a little bit along with a little bit of hair loss. I ignored this at the start but the itching and hair loss gradually increased in intensity until September 2019 when it was at 60% of what it was before minoxidil and Nizoral. Started using Minoxidil twice a day and went back to microneedling but it had no significant affect.

Found this thread and ordered Six ingredients. The first mix I tried was Super Zix II. But this gave me ED like symptoms which I put down to the pumpkin seed oil extract in the Hair Muck. Switched to the normal Zix formula with twice the amount of Zinc then. After 3.5 weeks the itch was gone and shedding was way down. Mostly only shedding weak looking hairs which I took as a good sign.

Im over 3 months into usage now and my hair has improved in thickness and density, I also like the look/texture it gives, great for styling for medium length hair!

@worm Thank you very much for posting this. Can't believe how unknown a simple and cheap formula like this is.
Quick question for you, I notice you use Zinc picollonate for libido, this is something I do/did as well. There seem to be quite a few similarities between our experiences so I wanted to ask this. When you initially started losing your hair, did you experience a small loss in libido as well? I did, and a very welcome side effect of Zix for me has been a massive increase in libido. It's back to teenage levels!
It's made me wonder whether we were deficient in Zinc and if this has a part to play in why Zix is so effective for us?

Congratulations with your success! Always good with some positivity. Sharing your story here helps others too.

You are not the first person to experience a surge in libido from zinc. It serves important functions in the body. From the article below: "Zinc also enables the male body to produce testosterone. Because of this, your levels of zinc may affect erectile dysfunction."

https://www.healthline.com/health/erectile-dysfunction/zinc

ian_832

My Regimen
Reaction score
New year update.

I started microneedling a month ago (5 sessions so far) in combination with zix (i've been on it since September/October) and the results are amazing. The massive shedding I had has stopped completely. I still lose some hairs. Maybe 20-40 a day, but that's normal compared to the hundreds i was losing.

Here's my regime:

-Zix (without alcohol) every day (1x)
-Microneedling (1x week 1mm)

I'll try to take some photos now that I have a good phone (with a nice camera) and will share the results in the coming months.

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pigeon
Yes sorry I forgot to mention. Once I came off Finasteride I started taking pumpkin seed oil to combat DHT, and they killed my libido worse than finasteride did!
I thought that it would be ok this time since I was just putting the extract on my scalp via the Hair muck but it must have gone systemic. Libido went back to normal in 2 days at any rate.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New year update.

I started microneedling a month ago (5 sessions so far) in combination with zix (i've been on it since September/October) and the results are amazing. The massive shedding I had has stopped completely. I still lose some hairs. Maybe 20-40 a day, but that's normal compared to the hundreds i was losing.

Here's my regime:

-Zix (without alcohol) every day (1x)
-Microneedling (1x week 1mm)

I'll try to take some photos now that I have a good phone (with a nice camera) and will share the results in the coming months.
did you have massive shedding before and used zix to halt it, or did you start using zix and shortly after experienced massive shedding, which subsided now?
important question

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score

Great to hear! So you do use alcohol?
Exact the same formula as worm or just the origin zix with double concentration?

ian_832

My Regimen
Reaction score
And another succes story. If zix doesn't seem to work on its own, adding microneedling is the best next step by far.

@ian_832 any side effects? And do you use a dermaroller to needle?
No side effects. And I use a dermastamp. Like this one: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51NoDynYzbL._SL1200_.jpg

did you have massive shedding before and used zix to halt it, or did you start using zix and shortly after experienced massive shedding, which subsided now?
important question
Let's see:

Before Zix -> Massive shedding.
While on Zix -> Less shedding.
Zix+Microneedle combo -> Shedding gone.

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Southcity94 Yes I use the same formula as Worm, alcohol included. It doesn't have any of the adverse effects on me that some others here seem to describe.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone who has experience with finasteride compare the two?

Also are there anything else I can add to the zix besides the regular super zix stuff?

Last question, I tried mailing Joe (the person who found zix), he didn’t reply for a few months now. Is anyone in contact with him?

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
@Southcity94 Yes I use the same formula as Worm, alcohol included. It doesn't have any of the adverse effects on me that some others here seem to describe.

Hi. Any chance you can specify exactly how much you use? Is it 3 caps of zinc and 3 caps of p-5-p in 45 ml of distilled water and 15 ml of ethyl alcohol once a day?

Sebcar

My Regimen
Reaction score

Zeruko can I ask what is your exact regimen including washing ur head. Like when you apply zix in the morning do you then wash your head before applying minoxidil and then leave the minoxidil overnight?
Thanks.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who has experience with finasteride compare the two?

Also are there anything else I can add to the zix besides the regular super zix stuff?

Last question, I tried mailing Joe (the person who found zix), he didn’t reply for a few months now. Is anyone in contact with him?
The consensus is to leave Zix be without adding anything else that could spoil the formula.

Joe can be reached on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/zixcreator

Undertone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, my scalp and hands are neon yellow because of zix, it's embarrassing how to you manage the color ?
How to wash it off my skin without leaving stains because it's not coming off

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I can’t seem to find heptahydrate. Also my P5P doesn’t leave a yellow color behind.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, my scalp and hands are neon yellow because of zix, it's embarrassing how to you manage the color ?
How to wash it off my skin without leaving stains because it's not coming off
I thought i was crazy when i thought my hair became lighter