My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know about biom8 but something that was a f*****g miracle to my seb derm was MCT oil. Basically coconut oil without the sh*t that feed Malassezia. I don't know how it works, but I think it safely hydrates the skin and restore the biofilm

please explain further. I have super dry scalp and think this may contribute to my oily hair. wondering if i had a better moisterized scalp if i would produce less sebum.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been reported that dosage is important. I reduced it and lesser seems better

Hello dear friend,

What do you mean by reduced dosage? Are you applying less than 2mL a day, or did you decrease zinc/vit concentration?

Should boil down to the same anyway, but I wouldn't mind decrease the volume of solution I am applying :)

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello dear friend,

What do you mean by reduced dosage? Are you applying less than 2mL a day, or did you decrease zinc/vit concentration?

Should boil down to the same anyway, but I wouldn't mind decrease the volume of solution I am applying :)
hey there,
i've just reported an user experience on this 3d, he mentioned a small dropper instead of the 3 full droppers he used to apply. he had success reducing the dosage. i understand there's some consensus about two small dose applications per day. dosage seems to be important somehow

anyway my two cents on this solution being good for hormonal balance (which is crucial for hair) more than anything, i dont think it explains big dht blocker properties (in vivo)

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey there,
i've just reported an user experience on this 3d, he mentioned a small dropper instead of the 3 full droppers he used to apply. he had success reducing the dosage. i understand there's some consensus about two small dose applications per day. dosage seems to be important somehow

Cheers.

Will try to reduce to 0.5 ml b.i.d then, and update this post.

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a quick question.
I was using zix at least 6 month but stopped after that because shedding did not go down.
2 weeks ago I decided to give it another shot, because of the fact that my hair has much more strength and looks overall better when applied.
But... Shedding has increased again.
And I can't tell why.
Using exactly the same vitamins as recommended.
Anybody else had this and managed to get to the right results?

pony wang

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know about biom8 but something that was a f*****g miracle to my seb derm was MCT oil. Basically coconut oil without the sh*t that feed Malassezia. I don't know how it works, but I think it safely hydrates the skin and restore the biofilm
Is your rash on your face? What is the MCT oil you mentioned? Can you put a picture of it? I want to have a try and see if there is this on taobao.

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe try mild daily microneedling in conjunction with zix.
Thanks for the reply, pigeon, but I still have much hair and do not like the idea of micro needling yet.
Maybe I'll start when it's too late, haha.
I would just like to slow things down, just like worm did by only using zix.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 year update.

Maintained and regrown hair (temples, forelock, hairline) since starting LLLT.

Confirmed by derm.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lasers

I have always heard lower level laser therapy was snake oil though

The one's you get online are.

I am treating hairloss with high powered lasers which can only be found at surgeon's office.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any creditors-mixed ZIX options out there? Diffuse thinner with full coverage, creams are difficult. Is Zix a lotion or solution?

@Oknow what are you using?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been applying zix for a month now, but the amount of people who report sudden shedding is seriously off putting.
Is there such a thing as poisining your skin with too much zinc?

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Other people that have a lot of powder in the bottom of their Zix topical or know a solution? I use little alcohol because it causes headache.

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Without alcohol, it is best first to shake and store Zix for a day or two, allowing the powder to dissolve better. Shake your bottle before each application.

Some powder will remain. It is standard with Zix. No problem. Just like the sugar you find at the bottom of a cup of iced tea.

Hm ok. But do you mean to store it in fridge or just room temp? I always shake it before application but I still see a lot of powder at the bottom.

Thanks.