My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why my P5P isn't colored, it literally looks like water when dissolved.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, are we sure on zinc sulfate monohydrate being completely useless, I can't seem to find it where I live and shipping from overseas is super expensive.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, are we sure on zinc sulfate monohydrate being completely useless, I can't seem to find it where I live and shipping from overseas is super expensive.
There are alot of weird remarks the people make here. It HAS to be heptahydrate or else it doesnt work. It HAS to be distilled water or else it doesnt work. It HAS to be ethyl alcohol or else it doesnt work. It just makes no sense and this is never explained. It makes even less sense considering Zinc is literally just a metal and the sulfate is basically salt

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw that too, he said its effectiveness was as good as CB0301 which is super promising.

Also I e-mailed Joe 2 months ago several times with no replies. He doesn’t reply to his Twitter too.

Can anyone who is in contact tell him to check his spam folder lol

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
There are alot of weird remarks the people make here. It HAS to be heptahydrate or else it doesnt work. It HAS to be distilled water or else it doesnt work. It HAS to be ethyl alcohol or else it doesnt work. It just makes no sense and this is never explained. It makes even less sense considering Zinc is literally just a metal and the sulfate is basically salt
You are free to try other products, but the recommended products are based on experiences of trial and error and some logic. There are different types of zinc to be taken as oral supplements. They have different effects, thereby also different effects when used topically. Plus Pharma Zinc Sulfate is easy to find on eBay, for example.

Distilled water is recommended because it contains nothing else than water. It contains no traces of minerals, chlorine or other things that could alter and reduce the effect of Zix. Distilled water is acidic; it helps keeping Zix stable for longer. For these reasons, distilled water is used in other products too, such as vodka.

Ethyl alcohol is used because other types are harmful for health and follicles. You can find it in pharmacies or use vodka, or use the original formula, which contains no alcohol.

I agree if you say that it would be good with more of such information on the first page of this thread. There is, however, plenty of information on the Zix site:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_15.htm

Does anyone have any idea why my P5P isn't colored, it literally looks like water when dissolved.
I think this is common and not a problem. What vitamin B6 product do you use? It could be useful for the person here who struggles with yellow staining:

Guys, my scalp and hands are neon yellow because of zix, it's embarrassing how to you manage the color ?
How to wash it off my skin without leaving stains because it's not coming off
What vitamin B6 product do you use? You may need to give the product a day or two for the ingredients to dissolve better. Shake the product well before each application.

It is best to use a product known to work, before trying something else. This link shows good prices and shipping for me:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...sc=0&_odkw=zinc+sulfate+plus+pharma&_osacat=0

Where do you live? What shipping prices does it show for you? This and the other products last a long time, making Zix cheap even if shipping is expensive.

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are free to try other products, but the recommended products are based on experiences of trial and error and some logic. There are different types of zinc to be taken as oral supplements. They have different effects, thereby also different effects when used topically. Plus Pharma Zinc Sulfate is easy to find on eBay, for example.

Distilled water is recommended because it contains nothing else than water. It contains no traces of minerals, chlorine or other things that could alter and reduce the effect of Zix. Distilled water is acidic; it helps keeping Zix stable for longer. For these reasons, distilled water is used in other products too, such as vodka.

Ethyl alcohol is used because other types are harmful for health and follicles. You can find it in pharmacies or use vodka, or use the original formula, which contains no alcohol.

I agree if you say that it would be good with more of such information on the first page of this thread. There is, however, plenty of information on the Zix site:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_15.htm

I think this is common and not a problem. What vitamin B6 product do you use? It could be useful for the person here who struggles with yellow fingers:

What vitamin B6 product do you use? You may need to give the product a day or two for the ingredients to dissolve better. Shake the product well before each application.

It is best to use a product known to work, before trying something else. This link shows good prices and shipping for me:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=zinc+sulfate+pluspharna&_sacat=0

Where do you live? What shipping prices does it show for you? This product lasts a long time, thereby being cheaper than minoxidil, for example, even if the shipping is expensive.

I live in Turkey, the brand I use is Medicago P5P. It comes in 10 mg capsules so the final product will have a lot of fillers in it. Do we know that colorless P5P is okay? There is people using coloring free P5P and it’s still yellow.

Also I have tried the zinc sulfate monohydrate for a while (nearly half a year), it definitely works to some extent but I hope that heptahydrate is different. It literally zero-ed my shedding but I think I still kept thinning slightly. I also started losing hair when I was 17 so that might be the reason why it didn’t work for me as well as I would like it to be. I am thinking about doing worm’s formula religiously with setipiprant and an anoter lotion (it’s called AdvanCell). I am thinking about rotating them (1x seti with 2x zix or 1x advancell 2x zix per day). The AdvanCell lotion was mentioned here (its old name was Cellagance) so I don’t think it’s a problem to talk about it.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, everyone seems to say that zinc sulfate monohydrate is pretty much worthless. Heptahydrate seems to be working well for the majority. I would say stick to the heptahydrate (exact brand if possible) and stay away from monohydrate.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
I live in Turkey, the brand I use is Medicago P5P. It comes in 10 mg capsules so the final product will have a lot of fillers in it. Do we know that colorless P5P is okay? There is people using coloring free P5P and it’s still yellow.

Also I have tried the zinc sulfate monohydrate for a while (nearly half a year), it definitely works to some extent but I hope that heptahydrate is different. It literally zero-ed my shedding but I think I still kept thinning slightly. I also started losing hair when I was 17 so that might be the reason why it didn’t work for me as well as I would like it to be. I am thinking about doing worm’s formula religiously with setipiprant and an anoter lotion (it’s called AdvanCell). I am thinking about rotating them (1x seti with 2x zix or 1x advancell 2x zix per day). The AdvanCell lotion was mentioned here (its old name was Cellagance) so I don’t think it’s a problem to talk about it.
I would use one of the tested and recommended products, such as Pure Encapsulations P5P 50:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...1313&_nkw=Pure+Encapsulations+P5P+50&_sacat=0

Interesting that you are from Turkey and use the good old Cellagance. I was just thinking about the product today and have considered doing the same as you, using it in addition to Zix, at least if it can give me some regrowth. I even wrote a reply on the Turkish forum earlier today, asking a few questions there:

https://www.sacimindoktoru.com/showthread.php?t=1460&page=148&s=cb30410c7c96e51aff166c412c1ae6a4

Could you please answer for me these questions? It could make others here interested too. I am familiar with Miracle and another man from the forum, and I have used Google Translate sometimes for the site.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would use one of the tested and recommended products, such as Pure Encapsulations P5P 50:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...1313&_nkw=Pure+Encapsulations+P5P+50&_sacat=0

Interesting that you are from Turkey and use the good old Cellagance. I was just thinking about the product today and have considered doing the same as you, using it in addition to Zix, at least if it can give me some regrowth. I even wrote a reply on the Turkish forum earlier today, asking a few questions there:

https://www.sacimindoktoru.com/showthread.php?t=1460&page=148&s=cb30410c7c96e51aff166c412c1ae6a4

Could you please answer for me these questions? It could make others here interested too. I am familiar with Miracle and another man from the forum, and I have used Google Translate sometimes for the site.

HOLY SHIZZLY! I replied to your post lol still waiting for approval. This is some matrix type of stuff! Please let me know whenever you need translations! :D

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
HOLY SHIZZLY! I replied to your post lol still waiting for approval. This is some matrix type of stuff! Please let me know whenever you need translations! :D
Thank you. Yes, we must be of soul family, meeting here to fight together against this great plague!

By the way, I watched "The Matrix" again not long ago. Great film with an important message.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, we must be of soul family, meeting here to fight together against this great plague!

By the way, I watched "The Matrix" again not long ago. Great film with an important message.

Do you have long term experience with the Zix? No one in the Turkish forum tried it properly (never with hepta and some people used straight B6) so the consensus was that it didn’t work. It would be cool to have your post there to see a proper experience. I would gladly translate it, again my English is getting very rusty lately. So by asking me to translate stuff will help you and me at the same time, I am always online too! :) Take care

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering how much I know about Zix, you would think I had used it a long time. The truth is that I am about to start it like you. I have just finished testing other products and methods like needling and rough massages and peeling. I try things by themselves for months before trying new things. I had some success with these methods, but the tiny regrowth is not worth the stress, blood, pain and time. I want to try something simpler.

I will gladly report Zix success on the Turkish forum when that happens for me. Advancell success story here on HairLossTalk could be good too.

Are there many success stories with Miracle Lotion showing similar great effect as Miracle got from it? It seems to be a product to use on and off when needed. I am hesitant because of the potential side effects, though. I think I will stay on my more natural route. What side effects have you heard mentioned?

Advancell gives good regrowth for some people. In case it interests others here too, I will put my questions for you here from the Turkish forum:

Hello. Advancell is interesting. Could someone please answer for me some questions in English regarding this product?

1. What are the ingredients that block DHT?

2. What are the other ingredients?

3. What are the reported side effects? How common?

Miracle lotion isn’t recommended anymore since it’s very hormonal. It worked great for most, I wouldn’t recommend it though. I believe Miracle doesn’t use it anymore (even if he does he does it very very occasionally).

I DMed the replies of your questions there, let me know if there’s anything else you want to know. Thanks for the information on zix, have a great day! :)

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we have any idea yet as to why It’s thought that Zix and minoxidil don’t go well together? I know for a while @worm had said the two will essentially cancel each other out, based on a few experiences...... but how is that accurate? If we were talking CB and zix or minoxidil, that’s one thing since CB breaks down in water. But, zix and minoxidil both contain water, and there’s no reason to think one would nullify the other. Thoughts?

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Do we have any idea yet as to why It’s thought that Zix and minoxidil don’t go well together? I know for a while @worm had said the two will essentially cancel each other out, based on a few experiences...... but how is that accurate? If we were talking CB and zix or minoxidil, that’s one thing since CB breaks down in water. But, zix and minoxidil both contain water, and there’s no reason to think one would nullify the other. Thoughts?
There is some information for you here:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_19.htm

Zinc seems to weaken minoxidil, but there are some success stories using both, especially if applied at separate parts of the day.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is some information for you here
There is some information for you here:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_19.htm

Zinc seems to weaken minoxidil, but there are some success stories using both, especially if applied at separate parts of the day.
Interesting. But see, here’s the thing we don’t know..... and it’s the same with CB/minoxidil.... the danger is in the initial application. So if water mixes with CB, it degrades it. But once it has gone into the scalp, and has gone to work, water must not interact with it, because our bodies are water, we sweat etc. so once the CB has dried and has been given time to absorb into the scalp, adding minoxidil should not be an issue. Likewise, once zix or minoxidil as been applied, dried, and absorbed into the follicle/scalp, one would think that applying the other would not directly interact with it. But again, I’m using equally as fuzzy logic here, so, who knows

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Anyone else having issues sourcing ethyl alcohol in France? French law prevents pharmacies from selling it, as alcoholics used to get their daily supplies there (cheaper and more concentrated than retail alcohol). The only thing one can find on the pharmacy shelves is modified ethyl alcohol (70%) with camphor in it.

I wonder whether it is safe for one's scalp/follicles.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if we could get away with using Zix twice a day while using minoxidil, that would be interesting.

I was thinking about buying minoxidil with the Super Zix II kit. But here’s the catch;

I was planning to make plain OG Zix normally while adding everything else to the minoxidil.

Essentially ending with Zix and something similar to Lipogaine. I also think we could add azelaic acid to the minoxidil therefore ending up with Zix+(a mix between Lipogaine and Xandrox).

The azelaic acid in minoxidil could complete the zinc+B6+azelaic acid combo without messing with the zix.

Also the betasitesterol with saw palmetto could work synergistically with the OG zix.

Both should end up very cheap but possibly effective.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues sourcing ethyl alcohol in France? French law prevents pharmacies from selling it, as alcoholics used to get their daily supplies there (cheaper and more concentrated than retail alcohol). The only thing one can find on the pharmacy shelves is modified ethyl alcohol (70%) with camphor in it.

Same here in Turkey, we use “cleaning lotions and disinfectants” which are practically ethanol. It’s just with added stuff and sold under a different name.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score

Probably safe. You can use 40 percent vodka too, even though more expensive
I wonder if we could get away with using Zix twice a day while using minoxidil, that would be interesting.

I was thinking about buying minoxidil with the Super Zix II kit. But here’s the catch;

I was planning to make plain OG Zix normally while adding everything else to the minoxidil.

Essentially ending with Zix and something similar to Lipogaine. I also think we could add azelaic acid to the minoxidil therefore ending up with Zix+(a mix between Lipogaine and Xandrox).

The azelaic acid in minoxidil could complete the zinc+B6+azelaic acid combo without messing with the zix.

Also the betasitesterol with saw palmetto could work synergistically with the OG zix.

Both should end up very cheap but possibly effective.
Personally I dislike minoxidil. It does nothing to stop DHT, and there are many reports of side effects such as aging facial skin and dark circles under eyes. It gives good regrowth for a few only.

I would rather try Advancell with Zix. Needling could be a good bonus. There was a man in this thread who achieved great growth from Zix and needling. Scroll down to the pictures:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...nxodil-results-from-tressless.117746/page-585

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zix is working amazingly well for me.
Ordered the ingredients from the Zix website so I could be sure I was getting the right stuff (there are far too many supplements that don't actually contain the ingredients that they say they do). I followed Worms advice and doubled the amount of Zix.
It took 3.5 weeks before the itching stopped and I just apply it in the morning since I use Minoxidil in the evening and I've read that Zix may interfere with its efficacy.
I use about 3-4ml via a dropper. I keep the Zix in the fridge when not in use.

Some background as I think it's important:
I'm a diffuse thinner and have been using Minoxidil with great success for the past 4 years. I started losing my hair at a rapid rate in June 2016 (on my 26th birthday, some birthday present). My scalp was more itchy than normal that day, had a shower and when I came out and dried my hair I found that it was extremely brittle, dry and was falling out. All I had to do was rub my scalp and 2 or 3 hairs would fall out every time.
Waited 2 weeks to be sure (tried some conditioning shampoos etc to no avail), went to the doctor and got prescribed finasteride (doctor advised me not to take it but I was desparate). Took it for 6 months and there was no difference, my scalp was still itching like mad and lots of hair still falling out.
Went back to the doctor and got minoxidil and Nizoral, hair immediately came back to life upon starting Minoxidil. Hair was very oily and soft after a week of usage. A month on the big 3 and I could see that my hair was going to come back.
However I had to stop taking Finasteride as I started experiencing ED, one day it just became extremely difficult to get hard and I could just sense something was off (people who have experienced this on finasteride know this feeling). Stopped taking it immediately and thought my hair loss would return. Thankfully it didn't and after going through the usual shed cycles that come with initial Minoxidil use, my hair was perfect again. I should note that I did microneedling once a week for the first 2 years of this Minoxidil/Nizoral regimen which I feel definitely helped. I switched to just using Minoxidil once a day after the first 2 years as that's all I needed to do to maintain.

Fast forward to January 2019 and the itch had come back a little bit along with a little bit of hair loss. I ignored this at the start but the itching and hair loss gradually increased in intensity until September 2019 when it was at 60% of what it was before minoxidil and Nizoral. Started using Minoxidil twice a day and went back to microneedling but it had no significant affect.

Found this thread and ordered Six ingredients. The first mix I tried was Super Zix II. But this gave me ED like symptoms which I put down to the pumpkin seed oil extract in the Hair Muck. Switched to the normal Zix formula with twice the amount of Zinc then. After 3.5 weeks the itch was gone and shedding was way down. Mostly only shedding weak looking hairs which I took as a good sign.

Im over 3 months into usage now and my hair has improved in thickness and density, I also like the look/texture it gives, great for styling for medium length hair!

@worm Thank you very much for posting this. Can't believe how unknown a simple and cheap formula like this is.
Quick question for you, I notice you use Zinc picollonate for libido, this is something I do/did as well. There seem to be quite a few similarities between our experiences so I wanted to ask this. When you initially started losing your hair, did you experience a small loss in libido as well? I did, and a very welcome side effect of Zix for me has been a massive increase in libido. It's back to teenage levels!
It's made me wonder whether we were deficient in Zinc and if this has a part to play in why Zix is so effective for us?

Again, thanks for this thread and for continuing to answer questions.

@Zeruko interesting you mention that. I was convinced my hair loss had to do with zinc and improper absorption. my libido when I was started losing my hair at 19 was definitely low. It had been much higher when I had super thick hair.

I'm really happy to see that zix is working for so many and it's still catching on. I just remember the depression and obsessive hours I spent worrying about this. If I can know that I save a few people the pain of what I went though, I cant tell you how wonderful that is to know.
Joe is the creator though. I think he just gave up posting because back then, on hlh, he got shat on by propecia maniacs constantly.

I've read several testimonials saying they do work well together. I would just spread then 12 hours apart.