My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They will probably not interact with each other negatively. Zix is mostly for maintenance. Significant regrowth is uncommon from Zix alone, but I saw it recently from one man who combined it with needling. RU58841 is considered more powerful than Zix and is more likely to give regrowth. However, it is more expensive, requires more effort and has a chance of giving side effects.

You can see through your hairline? Zix has the benefit of being powdery, thereby concealing the scalp under thin hair.
That's awesome. Which one should I try if I want maintenance plus regrowth? I need to regrow a part of my hairline

And to answer your question, yes I can and it's pissing me off, I find it very uncomforting

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t dermaroll with RU58841. There are tons of people reporting chest pain on it already.

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on zix. The guy in the origional post on here references that his hair loss might have been mostly inflammation. I've been using regenpure for 5 months prior and it didn't really do anything, pretty sure that stuff is meant to reduce inflammation. Hoping it does have DHT reducing compounds and its not just an anti inflammatory which for some would work. I have thinning all over but im at a norwood 2 probably so maintence would be great.
Has anyone on here reported sexual sides/even persistent ones from it? Also im guessing as both compounds are naturally digested/metabloise by our body that persistent side effects cannot occur? I mean saw plam didn't give me permenant sides but im still wary, went away after a few days.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on zix. The guy in the origional post on here references that his hair loss might have been mostly inflammation. I've been using regenpure for 5 months prior and it didn't really do anything, pretty sure that stuff is meant to reduce inflammation. Hoping it does have DHT reducing compounds and its not just an anti inflammatory which for some would work. I have thinning all over but im at a norwood 2 probably so maintence would be great.
Has anyone on here reported sexual sides/even persistent ones from it? Also im guessing as both compounds are naturally digested/metabloise by our body that persistent side effects cannot occur? I mean saw plam didn't give me permenant sides but im still wary, went away after a few days.
Saw Palm gave me bad feelings as well.
But we're talking about zinc sulfate, which is a form that has one of the lowest absorption rates. You can say less than 20% of the numbers that Worm explained (that werent even high in the first place)

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can confirm that, at least in terms of my experience. monohydrate seems to have no effect on me, and shedding resumes when i use it.

Did you ever come by a P5P without color? Mine seems to dissolve white.

Last edited:

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know of the reported sides from zix? As i've mentioned here before i got sides from topical saw plam, which have now gone away. I'm trying to work out if zix will be safe.

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know of the reported sides from zix? As i've mentioned here before i got sides from topical saw plam, which have now gone away. I'm trying to work out if zix will be safe.
I had ED like symptoms after using topical saw palmetto as well.
However I've only had positive side effects with Zix - No more itchy scalp or hair loss, increased sex drive and I seem to have gotten leaner as well.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
However I've only had positive side effects with Zix - No more itchy scalp or hair loss, increased sex drive and I seem to have gotten leaner as well.

Is Zix and minoxidil still working for you, Zeruko? Also, what is your loss pattern like?

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Zix and minoxidil still working for you, Zeruko? Also, what is your loss pattern like?
Yes very well. My second batch I mixed wrong (put in 4 times the normal amount of Zinc by accident because I'm an idiot) so I made a third and now it works perfectly again.
My loss pattern was diffuse and it was pretty extreme. My hair is almost perfect now, you would never know I had hair loss.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes very well. My second batch I mixed wrong (put in 4 times the normal amount of Zinc by accident because I'm an idiot) so I made a third and now it works perfectly again.
My loss pattern was diffuse and it was pretty extreme. My hair is almost perfect now, you would never know I had hair loss.

Couple of more questions, if you have the time:

1) What is your current Zix mixture exactly?

2) Did you use minoxidil before using Zix, or did you start both at the same time?

3) When you say you had bad diffuse loss, do you mean all over your scalp? More in the front? The back?

4) Any chance at all you can upload some pics?

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Couple of more questions, if you have the time:

1) What is your current Zix mixture exactly?

2) Did you use minoxidil before using Zix, or did you start both at the same time?

3) When you say you had bad diffuse loss, do you mean all over your scalp? More in the front? The back?

4) Any chance at all you can upload some pics?
1) My mixture is Worms exactly

2) I was on Minoxidil for 3 good years before the effect wore off. Been on Zix for 2.5 months

3) It never got that bad (nobody ever commented on my hairloss) but it would have been George Costanza level.

4) I'll upload some pics soon. Just to prove the effectiveness.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
1) My mixture is Worms exactly

2) I was on Minoxidil for 3 good years before the effect wore off. Been on Zix for 2.5 months

3) It never got that bad (nobody ever commented on my hairloss) but it would have been George Costanza level.

4) I'll upload some pics soon. Just to prove the effectiveness.

Thanks! You say your mixture is Worm's exactly. Does that mean: 3 capsules of zinc sulphate, 3 capsules of B6, 45 ml of distilled water, and 15 ml of ethyl alcohol in a 60 ml container?

David9502

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all! Could someone give me advice ? I am using zix in the morning and in evening and it leaves a yellowish resodiue, which is quite visible. How could I avoid it? My mix is quite yellowish either

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow thats a very interestig insight. Does it work due to fixing inflammation as opposed to fixing the DHT issue? Because i've used regenpure which didnt fix my hair. I think i might have to try this. Really dont want to go bald. My SP sides went away completely after 3-4 days after this intial kind of crash of symptoms.

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only knew 2 guys who said they had fina like side effects from zix. One of them said it was also 1/10 of the level of side effects he got form fina and still continues to use zix.

The other one is @Rock12 and that could be because he is very sensitive to topicals. Maybe he can give some more info.
Ah thanks. I do wonder if i am also sensitive to topicals. Although regenpure which has SP didnt set me off. I know a guy from propecia help who still has some sides from SP from using just regenpure. I'm not that bad atleast.
Any idea as to how many have tried it? And reported effects/sides?

Last edited:

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! You say your mixture is Worm's exactly. Does that mean: 3 capsules of zinc sulphate, 3 capsules of B6, 45 ml of distilled water, and 15 ml of ethyl alcohol in a 60 ml container?
It's two capsules of 220mg of Zinc sulphate (which ends up as 100mg of elemental zinc in your body). Worm tried 3 for a while but said he went back to 2 as it works better and I agree with him.

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow thats a very interestig insight. Does it work due to fixing inflammation as opposed to fixing the DHT issue? Because i've used regenpure which didnt fix my hair. I think i might have to try this. Really dont want to go bald. My SP sides went away completely after 3-4 days after this intial kind of crash of symptoms.

My saw palmetto sides went away once I stopped taking it too, very strong stuff even when used topically.

The reason I believed Zix would work is because of the in vitro study that proved that zinc and p5p blocked 5AR converting to DHT but also because Worms symptoms were very similar to mine.
Do you have a very itchy scalp? If you do I believe this stuff can very likely help you.

Remember that Zix didn't start working until 3.5 weeks of once daily application for me so give it time.