My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, recently my scalp becomes dry and dandruff has increased a lot. Should I reduce the content of Alcohol or zinc sulfate? Now my zix contains 700mg ZnSO4·7H2O, 150mg Vitamin B6 P5P, 45ml distilled water, 15ml 75% alcohol.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
It's two capsules of 220mg of Zinc sulphate (which ends up as 100mg of elemental zinc in your body). Worm tried 3 for a while but said he went back to 2 as it works better and I agree with him.

Is that 2 zinc capsules in 60 or 120 ml of vehicle?

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that 2 zinc capsules in 60 or 120 ml of vehicle?
I put 2 zinc capsules and 3 capsules of p5p in half an ounce/15 ml of ethyl alcohol and let it sit for a minute.
Then I add a little under 3 ounces/90ml of distilled water and shake it well.
I leave it sit overnight and then use it in the morning.
I keep it in the fridge then just to be safe

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I put 2 zinc capsules and 3 capsules of p5p in half an ounce/15 ml of ethyl alcohol and let it sit for a minute.

Ah, so your formula is a little different than @worm. If I recall, he uses 15 ml of ethyl alcohol and 45 ml of water for a total of 60 ml. To this he adds 3 zinc caps and 3 B6.

Sounds like you are using 2 zinc caps and 3 B6 to 15 ml alcohol and 90 ml of water for a total of 105 ml. Perhaps you simply respond better to a lower percentage of zinc.

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
My saw palmetto sides went away once I stopped taking it too, very strong stuff even when used topically.

The reason I believed Zix would work is because of the in vitro study that proved that zinc and p5p blocked 5AR converting to DHT but also because Worms symptoms were very similar to mine.
Do you have a very itchy scalp? If you do I believe this stuff can very likely help you.

Remember that Zix didn't start working until 3.5 weeks of once daily application for me so give it time.

My scalp is sometimes a bit itchy. My hair is thinned quite a bit and receeding at the temples. Really hope it works. I cant risk finasteride with sides from SP. Not sure where i'd go after this. CB0301 is like $100 a month, RU still has people reporting sexual/finasteride sides on forums like propecia help. None from CB0 yet but its quite niche i think.

Does anyone know a good zinc sulfate supply for the UK? This one requires internation shipping..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PlusPhar...s-2-Pack-Expiration-Date-03-2022/152188481890

Last edited:

TheGangster6

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I made Zix according to Worm's formula(using 3 zinc tablets not 2), used for around a month twice a day, I spent the whole 60ml in like 2 weeks. And I got zix toxicity. My immune's system is weakened, I have cold like symptoms(runny and stuffed nose, stuffed ears) and white pimples on my mouth(all due to a weakened immune system). I guess I used too much of it(diffuse thinner) and my body couldn't handle all that zinc. Do you know how I can get rid of all that zinc in my body and get my immune system back up? I might restart Zix if I get better but with less zinc and in smaller concentration.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I made Zix according to Worm's formula(using 3 zinc tablets not 2), used for around a month twice a day, I spent the whole 60ml in like 2 weeks. And I got zix toxicity. My immune's system is weakened, I have cold like symptoms(runny and stuffed nose, stuffed ears) and white pimples on my mouth(all due to a weakened immune system). I guess I used too much of it(diffuse thinner) and my body couldn't handle all that zinc. Do you know how I can get rid of all that zinc in my body and get my immune system back up? I might restart Zix if I get better but with less zinc and in smaller concentration.

Drink enough water. Eat healthy and give your system time to recover. If you wanna start again try putting less zix on your head.

TheGangster6

My Regimen
Reaction score
Drink enough water. Eat healthy and give your system time to recover. If you wanna start again try putting less zix on your head.
It's been a week since I stoped though and my immune system is still down I believe.. I'll start eating foods rich in copper(probably sesame seeds) because I read that zinc can lower copper and copper is very important for the immune system. I am kind of scared to be honest and thinking about going to a doctor but Im in the middle of my exam period so it's not so easy..

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I guess your body will need some weeks to fully recover, just as it took weeks for the toxicity to occur.

When you have recovered and want to retry Zix, you could try the original Zix formula, which is significantly less concentrated and contains no alcohol that increases absorption. It has plenty of success stories.

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_7.htm

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, recently my scalp becomes dry and dandruff has increased a lot. Should I reduce the content of Alcohol or zinc sulfate? Now my zix contains 700mg ZnSO4·7H2O, 150mg Vitamin B6 P5P, 45ml distilled water, 15ml 75% alcohol.

yes, maybe reduce the alcohol. I dont think you need much. maybe even 5mls will do it.

ian_832

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also dermarolling and don't get sides. It could be something unrelated to zix. Try lowering the zinc and less applications per day.

I hope you recover soon.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's two capsules of 220mg of Zinc sulphate (which ends up as 100mg of elemental zinc in your body). Worm tried 3 for a while but said he went back to 2 as it works better and I agree with him.

I actually use 3 - but that doesnt matter, sometimes less works better. it's different i believe for everyone

I probably use more like 10 mls of ethyl alcohol. I add the ingredients to the alcohol and let that sit overnight. then i add water after, I find that more effective. but dont switch what you're doing if it's working.

Tell me though - do you still use Minoxidil?

I use it 1x a day. maybe that would be better for you.

TheGangster6

My Regimen
Reaction score
To all the guys that replied: I'll try eating copper rich food to get my immune system back up(because excess zinc lowers copper) give it a bit of time and see the results. If I'm fine after that then I'll probably use the original zix concentration plus alcohol.

TheGangster6

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also dermarolling and don't get sides. It could be something unrelated to zix. Try lowering the zinc and less applications per day.

I hope you recover soon.
Pretty sure it's zix.. I also got a stain the color of zinc in my semen

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually use 3 - but that doesnt matter, sometimes less works better. it's different i believe for everyone

I probably use more like 10 mls of ethyl alcohol. I add the ingredients to the alcohol and let that sit overnight. then i add water after, I find that more effective. but dont switch what you're doing if it's working.

Tell me though - do you still use Minoxidil?

I use it 1x a day. maybe that would be better for you.
Yes I'm still using it, I would like to risk stopping it but I don't believe it would be worth it. I'm using it in the evening and Zix in the morning.

I wouldn't bother starting to use it if I were you Worm, your hair looks perfect the way it is. The application of Minoxidil is annoying, especially compared to Zix. You'd have to use it twice a day for the first year and you'd go through the shedding cycles that come along with it, which can be scary and require faith in the product.