My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I'm still using it, I would like to risk stopping it but I don't believe it would be worth it. I'm using it in the evening and Zix in the morning.

I wouldn't bother starting to use it if I were you Worm, your hair looks perfect the way it is. The application of Minoxidil is annoying, especially compared to Zix. You'd have to use it twice a day for the first year and you'd go through the shedding cycles that come along with it, which can be scary and require faith in the product.

I've used it before with some decent success. When my hair is greasy my scalp looks thin and I must say I get tempted. I know @JWM2's friend does both also and looks good.

I am still thinning but at a snail's pace. That said I'd love to roll back the close five years which isn't much in terms of my loss, so I'm optimistic that could happen since I've been using zix.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used it before with some decent success. When my hair is greasy my scalp looks thin and I must say I get tempted. I know @JWM2's friend does both also and looks good.

I am still thinning but at a snail's pace. That said I'd love to roll back the close five years which isn't much in terms of my loss, so I'm optimistic that could happen since I've been using zix.
at this moment you're using zix once or twice a day? for once i mean 2ml
cheers

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
at this moment you're using zix once or twice a day? for once i mean 2ml
cheers

I only use it once a day, I probably 3-4 mls.

When I first started I was applying twice daily.

I cant say conclusively if 2x applications would work better. You would think it would, but more isnt always better.

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Read Zeruko's posts here, he used super zix II (which contains saw palmetto) and got ED side effects, he quit and is now on normal zix and all is going good. @Zeruko

So that's comparble to your story. Avoid saw palmetto
Ah interesting! Lots of reported cases of SP on propecia help. Almost as many as finisteride. Must be the way they work mechanically atleast partially, not just the dht reduction.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm any recent pics of your hair?

Hey, I will post some soon. My temples are receding still, slowly though. I havent posted any out of laziness, but I dont need to wait any longer. Look for them in the next day or two

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it
Read Zeruko's posts here, he used super zix II (which contains saw palmetto) and got ED side effects, he quit and is now on normal zix and all is going good. @Zeruko

So that's comparble to your story. Avoid saw palmetto
its weird, im on oral sp and im regrowing my temples

pony wang

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not everyone experiences side effects (yet) from sp though. But still advise you to be cautious, especially if you take oral sp, this works like fina as you know. Topical is safer but even then some people still experience side effects.
Did pigeon zix work for you? I've been using it for over two months without any change, and I'm still losing as much hair as

Last edited:

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After a few months of accepting defeat (after getting bad sides on finasteride and min) i think I’m going to try this with the ordinary serum. If it does anything at all to my itchy hairline I’ll consider it a success.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
It's been a week since I stoped though and my immune system is still down I believe.. I'll start eating foods rich in copper(probably sesame seeds) because I read that zinc can lower copper and copper is very important for the immune system. I am kind of scared to be honest and thinking about going to a doctor but Im in the middle of my exam period so it's not so easy..
How is your condition now? It is interesting that zinc overdose can lead to copper deficiency, which in turn can lead to fatigue and sickness, thereby also sexual complications such as lower libido. It might explain why there have been a few reports of sexual side effects from Zix.

Potential solutions:

1. Use the original Zix, which contains less zinc, or at least reduce the zinc concentration.

2. Apply Zix only once daily, not twice.

3. Add copper to the diet or take a copper supplement.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is your condition now? It is interesting that zinc overdose can lead to copper deficiency, which in turn can lead to fatigue and sickness, thereby also sexual complications such as lower libido. It might explain why there have been a few reports of sexual side effects from Zix.

Potential solutions:

1. Use the original Zix, which contains less zinc, or at least reduce the zinc concentration.

2. Apply Zix only once daily, not twice.

3. Add copper to the diet or take a copper supplement.
but we do need a huge amount of available zinc (not sulfate) to induce copper deficiency, and it needs to be present everyday for months...yes copper def can lead to libido drop for a singolar reason, copper levels are striclty related to estrogens levels, thats why when you introduce large amount of av zinc you feel a better libido, but its a fine line because some estrogens are still required in order to function.
agree with you about the solution. but still, would be interesting to investigate

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
but we do need a huge amount of available zinc (not sulfate) to induce copper deficiency, and it needs to be present everyday for months...yes copper def can lead to libido drop for a singolar reason, copper levels are striclty related to estrogens levels, thats why when you introduce large amount of av zinc you feel a better libido, but its a fine line because some estrogens are still required in order to function.
agree with you about the solution. but still, would be interesting to investigate
I have read that minerals such as zinc and magnesium can be absorbed very well and affect the body significantly more if applied topically. After all, it penetrates the skin and goes directly into the bloodstream, instead of being absorbed by internal organs.

orphanfunkhouser

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So have many people had real results with this? Im a little hesitant to start. I saw that one user “ezekial” had great great results but almost seemed too good to be just zix.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
So have many people had real results with this? Im a little hesitant to start. I saw that one user “ezekial” had great great results but almost seemed too good to be just zix.
He combined it with needling. Scroll down on this page to see his explanation:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...nxodil-results-from-tressless.117746/page-585

Zix by itself is mostly for maintenance, which is the most important part. It makes the hair appear thicker too. Much regrowth is unusual from any treatment.

Sebcar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read that minerals such as zinc and magnesium can be absorbed very well and affect the body significantly more if applied topically. After all, it penetrates the skin and goes directly into the bloodstream, instead of being absorbed by internal organs.
So zinc can get absorbed easier on the scalp than if your digesting it? And are this effects positive or negative?