My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
How the hell do we avoid it then? I don't want a yellow scalp

I actually use a brand of P5P here in Turkey called Medicago, the color is pretty much milk-like. I am not sure about how legit the product is though.

Fry_bender

My Regimen
Reaction score
This?

View attachment 136314
So you're having maitenance or also regrowth?

And did you also have good results before adding serioxyl with normal zix?

Yes, that one.
With normal zix I can say I've noticed maitenance and with zix+serioxyl I'm noticing less hair loss in the shower or in the pillow.
Also I have my hair and scalp cleaner and the smell is really good. It's soon yet for regrowth but I like it more than dist. water and ethyl alcohol.
Also zinc and b6 dissolve better.
I saw in a spanish forum a guy who mix serioxyl with finasteride in a topical solution and I thought do the same with zix.

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mrs. S are you still using Zix? Just wondering how it’s working for you? I think I’m finally ready to try it, just don’t want to experience a shed. I don’t have an itchy scalp, not red or inflamed so not sure if this will work for me?
I almost feel like if this really did something it would be more well known.

David9502

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All! I’ve just made a batch of zix exactly as the one on the front page, but around the 40th page, I’ve read, that the formula might be better without b6. Should I stick to the original or the one without b6 is better?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if posting links here allowed but I found something interesting.
https://www.amazon.com/Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate-Powder-Bulksupplements-Activated-Vitamin/dp/B06XX61MWN

This has 50mgX500 worths of P5P without fillers etc.

So this will last for at least 150 60mls of Zix (Let's say that 60 mls will last for 2 weeks)

This should last us at least 75 months which is near 6 years, so this should cost around 4 bucks a year and practically nothing monthly.

I probably made a terrible mistake but if not this could work better than most pill forms since it doesn't have any fillers (practically nothing to react with Zix) at all. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All! I’ve just made a batch of zix exactly as the one on the front page, but around the 40th page, I’ve read, that the formula might be better without b6. Should I stick to the original or the one without b6 is better?
What was the reasoning behind this? I'm going to start using Zix soon but I didn't want to read 150+ pages.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score

Most success stories use both zinc and B6, however, I have a buddy that just uses zinc and distilled water and he had success and saw no difference after removing B6.

David9502

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most success stories use both zinc and B6, however, I have a buddy that just uses zinc and distilled water and he had success and saw no difference after removing B6.
Could you please define, what kind of success? Maintaining and thickening maybe ?

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Could you please define, what kind of success? Maintaining and thickening maybe ?

He was thinning diffusely on his hairline and mid-scalp. He uses both Zix and minoxidil, but has tried stopping Zix and using just minoxidil and his results weren't as good. So the Zix was definitely doing something. He said it thickened up his hair. Last I talked to him, he was using Zix once a day and minoxidil once a day, I think.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks good, can you also find zinc sulfate heptahydrate in this pure form?

I am sure there are 99% pure powders which sounds safe but I’d call the companies to be sure.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
This?

View attachment 136314
So you're having maitenance or also regrowth?

And did you also have good results before adding serioxyl with normal zix?

It says for thicker looking hair. Doesnt actually say it thickens hair

It's better with b6 by a long shot

What was the reasoning behind this? I'm going to start using Zix soon but I didn't want to read 150+ pages.

Start by reading the first page.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
It should work but it could be considered safer to use one of the products we know work after experience.
So if you want to adjust the formula for yourself, you all recommend changing the zinc dosage and not the p5p?

It would be great to hear from the ones experimenting with the formula and what worked for them?
There is no hard rule. Worm describes his experiment on the first page of the thread
Any before-after comparison photos of zix results?
Yes, but they are hard to find, and most of the results from Zix are maintenance, not regrowth. It would be hard to show on pictures. It would be like showing pictures after finasteride, which gives similar results. There was a man who achieved great growth from Zix and needling. Scroll down to the pictures:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...nxodil-results-from-tressless.117746/page-585

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also Zix apparently inhibits just type 1 5ar which is useless in Androgenetic Alopecia.

I guess we will never know if it’s pure placebo or an another mechanism that causes its positive effects on Androgenetic Alopecia.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can’t we crowdfund a vivo zinc+B6 study?

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I've started miniaturizing on my hairline. I'm NW1.5 right now according to Pigeon

I'm trialing Saw Palmetto, EGCG extract, Pumpkin Seed Oil extract and Grape Seed oil extract at the effective doses

I'm not sure it's working. I'm going to invest in a haircatcher for my shower to count how much I shed every day

I'm thinking, if Saw palmetto and the other herbs don't work in 3 months (I've been on them for 3 weeks), I'm going to start 2ml 5% RU58841 / day and zix 2ml every day / day

Would the RU58841 (in the morning) and the zix (in the evening) interact with each other negatively? Basically RU would stop the hairloss and zix would give me regrowth, no?

I need both stopping of my hairloss and regrowth at the hairline. I can see through a bit of my hairline and this is pissing me the f*** off

Can someone chime in? Thanks

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys I've started miniaturizing on my hairline. I'm NW1.5 right now according to Pigeon

I'm trialing Saw Palmetto, EGCG extract, Pumpkin Seed Oil extract and Grape Seed oil extract at the effective doses

I'm not sure it's working. I'm going to invest in a haircatcher for my shower to count how much I shed every day

I'm thinking, if Saw palmetto and the other herbs don't work in 3 months (I've been on them for 3 weeks), I'm going to start 2ml 5% RU58841 / day and zix 2ml every day / day

Would the RU58841 (in the morning) and the zix (in the evening) interact with each other negatively? Basically RU would stop the hairloss and zix would give me regrowth, no?

I need both stopping of my hairloss and regrowth at the hairline. I can see through a bit of my hairline and this is pissing me the f*** off

Can someone chime in? Thanks
They will probably not interact with each other negatively. Zix is mostly for maintenance. Significant regrowth is uncommon from Zix alone, but I saw it recently from one man who combined it with needling. RU58841 is considered more powerful than Zix and is more likely to give regrowth. However, it is more expensive, requires more effort and has a chance of giving side effects.

You can see through your hairline? Zix has the benefit of being powdery, thereby concealing the scalp under thin hair.