My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

thickhaironhead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice thread. Been looking for info on with topical zinc better never found anything, but know when not looking I stumble upon it. Funny.
A couple of questions, if one gets any sides from this is it only the alcohol who are to blame?
I take a topical dht supressor right know, so would there be any more benefit with this solution or would it just overlap?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't know that, my bad lol.

@Undertone you wanted to talk about potential side effects from zix? This is what I wrote about it:

This is my conjecture about zix and side effects:

The daily suggested intake of zinc ranges from 10 mg to 45 mg from what I've read. The daily suggested intake of B6 is 1,5 mgs (with a max intake of 25 mgs/day by EFSA, european food agency).

So a standard solution of 60 mls of zix contains 3 x 220 mgs zinc. So 660 mgs of zinc in total and 150 mgs of B6.

So 1ml contains 11mg of zinc and 2,5 mgs of B6. One application of zix uses about 2 ml to cover the head. That means if you only apply zix once a day you get (if everything gets into the bloodstream) 22 mgs of zinc and 5 mgs of B6.

This seems to be safe to me, everything is in normal ranges even if you'd apply zix two times/day. Of course the symbiotic effects of zinc an b6 make it have AA properties if we look at the studies, I can see it having a strong effect on local tissue but when going in the bloodstream, the quantities are too low to cause damage. Unlike fina where only a small amount can block a big percentage of DHT.

(and worm said the real amount of zinc is even lower, since there are a other filler compounds in those zinc capsules, I assume this is the same for B6 capsules)
yes the real amount of elemental zinc from sulfare zinc is 23%, there are more available forms

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice thread. Been looking for info on with topical zinc better never found anything, but know when not looking I stumble upon it. Funny.
A couple of questions, if one gets any sides from this is it only the alcohol who are to blame?
I take a topical dht supressor right know, so would there be any more benefit with this solution or would it just overlap?
Alcohol increases absorption of other ingredients, thereby often increasing the likelihood of good effect and side effects. I think the alcohol itself causes no problems, unless it irritates the scalp.

Topical DHT suppressors can interfere with one another, but some people use different products with success. The most important part seems to be to apply them with at least a few hours apart, instead of applying both at once.

Could you please share with us what product you use? In comparison to other products, Zix is safer and cheaper.

thickhaironhead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alcohol increases absorption of other ingredients, thereby often increasing the likelihood of good effect and side effects. I think the alcohol itself causes no problems, unless it irritates the scalp.

Topical DHT suppressors can interfere with one another, but some people use different products with success. The most important part seems to be to apply them with at least a few hours apart, instead of applying both at once.

Could you please share with us what product you use? In comparison to other products, Zix is safer and cheaper.
Ok thanks. Im using rosemary oil mixed with acv, could acv by the way be used instead of alcohol?

thickhaironhead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I havent heard anything special on anecdotal basis, however I have been more looking into the science. Rosemary is supposed to stimulate cell division and dilates blood vessels, supressing (IL)-8, IL-1b and tnf-a. According to this mouse study supressing 5 ar at 94 % with the right doses.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22517595

Its also hard to assess the effectivity when there is mutiple involved. Im also using l-carnitine with acv wich is supposed to supress TGF-beta II, prolong anagen and down regulate apoptosis. I havnt heard anyone use this either but if there is science behind im willing to try.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17927577/

But I will try zix anyhow, like the rest of the stuff I use it seems cheap and accessible but hopefully more effective.
Regarding mixing, should one up the dose equally for the b6 as for the zinc when trying to do 3x from original recipe?

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many mgs per B6 capsule?

well, 17 mg. But the whole content of the pill weighs around 170mg. There are filler agents in there.

Small update after like 3 weeks: No sides, obviously no regrowth or any of that stuff. I'm shedding, but I was shedding before. Nice cosmetic effect and probably less itching. My scalp always feels nice after applying.

I'm worried about the zix lasting though. I'm keeping it in a fridge and it still lost its slightly alcoholic smell. Now kind of smells like porridge lol

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting find in this thread https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/good-paper-discusses-many-different-options.125619/

The paper, here, https://api.intechopen.com/chapter/pdf-preview/54160 talk about using Mesotherapy and the benefits of the following compounds among others

• Zinc "acts as a 5‐α reductase inhibitor"
  • Dexpanthenol (Vitamin B5) "is involved in the hair development"
  • Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) "stimulates hair growth and augments the effects of zinc
  • Biotin "acts as a coenzyme and growth factor"
  • Vitamin C "acts as an antioxidant and helps in collagen production"

Seems worth getting raw ingredients for some of the above from Alibaba - find a reputed supplier and you should get quality compounds as these are not expensive to produce and better to use compared to opening up vitamin capsules as you get fillers which you dont want sitting in your hair follicle pores. Probably worth adding caffeine.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Went for the below via Purebulk.com - obviously large quantities, so if any one wants to buy some, then let me know via DM me!

All dissolvable in water so can use that plus DMI. I'm also using hydralazine which dissolve in water - i have 10G of that and also can share if of any interest.

• Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (P5P) (P-5-P) (Vitamin B6) × 1 Bags / 10 grams
  • Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) × 1 Bags / 100 grams
  • Rosemary Powder Extract 5% Rosmarinic Acid × 1 Bags / 100 grams
  • Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B6) × 1 Bags / 25 grams
  • Biotin Pure (Vitamin B7) × 1 Bags / 10 grams
  • Zinc Gluconate × 1 Bags / 100 grams

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting find in this thread https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/good-paper-discusses-many-different-options.125619/

The paper, here, https://api.intechopen.com/chapter/pdf-preview/54160 talk about using Mesotherapy and the benefits of the following compounds among others

• Zinc "acts as a 5‐α reductase inhibitor"
  • Dexpanthenol (Vitamin B5) "is involved in the hair development"
  • Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) "stimulates hair growth and augments the effects of zinc
  • Biotin "acts as a coenzyme and growth factor"
  • Vitamin C "acts as an antioxidant and helps in collagen production"

Seems worth getting raw ingredients for some of the above from Alibaba - find a reputed supplier and you should get quality compounds as these are not expensive to produce and better to use compared to opening up vitamin capsules as you get fillers which you dont want sitting in your hair follicle pores. Probably worth adding caffeine.
regarding zinc, i would say it depends what you're lacking
its dose dipendent its effect, its mostly an hormonal regulator _ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7271365

fazzsabzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey team, anyone tried Zinc drops?

It's a liquid Zinc supplement.

This is the one I have:

BioCeuticals Zinc Drops - there are other brands also available online. I've seen them on eBay.

I'd send a pic but it won't let me as I'm a new member.

It's Zinc Oxide - about a mg of zinc in each drop.

Easier than crushing sufate tablets - but will it work?

fazzsabzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I bought this b6 capsule from Amazon. Will this work since it has gelatin and rice flour in it's ingredients.

The Gelatin is just the capsule. You'll be discarding that. Rice flour - I'm not sure. But all these p5p supplements seem to have extra fillers in them. The one I ordered has more than that.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone care to sum up experiences gathered in this thread concerning use of zix AND topical minoxidil? i'm switching back from oral to topical minoxidil (side: facial aging) but have since added zix to my regimen and want to take both topically. thank you!

also: i'm waking up with cramps at night often. doing lots of sports and always thought it's because of that but just took a break for 2 weeks because i got sick. still got a night cramp lol. i'm thinking my magnesium absorption is fucked. any suggestions? should i just take a supp?

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone care to sum up experiences gathered in this thread concerning use of zix AND topical minoxidil? i'm switching back from oral to topical minoxidil (side: facial aging) but have since added zix to my regimen and want to take both topically. thank you!

also: i'm waking up with cramps at night often. doing lots of sports and always thought it's because of that but just took a break for 2 weeks because i got sick. still got a night cramp lol. i'm thinking my magnesium absorption is fucked. any suggestions? should i just take a supp?

I would drop wheat. It worked for me, and I used to get lots of cramps.

If you look at Ezekiels experience in the dermarolling + minoxidil thread he also uses zix and has amazing results. Think it was posted on the previous page here.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My apologies if this has been asked before, I skimmed through the thread and couldn't find any references to it: has anyone tried using this with dermarolling? I saw in one thread that some guy claims to have decent results, but beyond that there's been nothing that I've heard of.