My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

fazzsabzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to use Zix but i have several questions.

I just started minoxidil and will add wounding/dermarolling next Week but since im only at th beginning of the treatment i would like to keep minoxdil twice daily.
Can i add zix daily like 2-3 hours after the evening minoxidil application ? Or could i provoke adverse effects by doing this like minoxidil Killing zix effectiveness or the other way
Does zix once daily can still be efficient ?

Can you explain what you mean by "wounding"

Interested to hear about it... Because i'm thinking of going vigerous with my massage (almost to the point of wounding or very much aggrevating the scalp)

Last edited:

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm seeing more and more results with scalp massages only, it's crazy. I think this used to be dismissed because people are lazy...but now it looks like more and more people are willing to invest time doing this every day

All the results I'm seeing seem comparable to the results you get from microneedling

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm seeing more and more results with scalp massages only, it's crazy. I think this used to be dismissed because people are lazy...but now it looks like more and more people are willing to invest time doing this every day

All the results I'm seeing seem comparable to the results you get from microneedling
Can you post pics please?

Ezekiel2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think guys of adding taurine in zix formula, as it's proven to be useful against fibrosis and calcification?

Same thing about topical l citrulline, it increases blood flow

Last edited:

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think guys of adding taurine in zix formula, as it's proven to be useful against fibrosis and calcification?

It works. I use a shampoo which contains, among other ingredients, black castor oil, arginine, taurine, caffeine and my male pattern baldness has become better and my hair's thicker and denser

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Check this out, this is one I found on reddit just a few weeks ago.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/man-from-reddit-regrew-hair-with-massages.125507/

Amazing results.

Another one; scalp massages only

tE0k0Im.jpg

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post a link/source?

Who would've thought this could be so efficient...

I believe it was always efficient, but people were too lazy to do it for 5 min every single day. And people seeing the best results are doing it 20 min/day lol

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score

Don't do it. Too many stories of people adding stuff to Zix and losing results. Your results are awesome, man. Keep doing what you're doing.

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
also @Pigeon I remember reading a post of someone claiming scalp massages only started to work for him after adopting a very healthy lifestyle...which makes sense since scalp massage not only loosens calcified scalp tissue, releases trapped sebum, improves blood flow, it is also used to nourish hair follicles. So I guess if we eat sh*t, there's nothing to nourish hair follicles.

anyway, I found an interesting study that claim all people can have their hair regrown naturally and healthily with intense scalp massages: https://www.longdom.org/open-access...r-natural-hair-regrowth-2155-9554.1000138.pdf
They're also talking about 20 min massages

Last edited:

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
also @Pigeon I remember reading a post of someone claiming scalp massages only started to work for him after adopting a very healthy lifestyle...which makes sense since scalp massage not only loosens calcified scalp tissue, releases trapped sebum, improves blood flow, it is also used to nourish hair follicles. So I guess if we eat sh*t, there's nothing to nourish hair follicles.

anyway, I found an interesting study that claim all people can have their hair regrown naturally and healthily with intense scalp massages: https://www.longdom.org/open-access...r-natural-hair-regrowth-2155-9554.1000138.pdf

It seems like almost anything works anecdotally, as I've tried many things and some worked well for a period of time but the body adjusts. Had some bad sheds and weird ones, one side of head lol, but when I change things up it seems to correct and goes back to where I was.

Giving magnesium chloride and peppermint oil a break and just started zix and peptide serum as separate topicals. Will analyze to see if it keeps me at bay.

Yeah, it's not the best to just throw things together no matter how good they are in theory unless the synergies are there - proven results on ones self.

Last edited:

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like almost anything works anecdotally, as I've tried many things and some worked well for a period of time but the body adjusts. Had some bad sheds and weird ones, one side of head lol, but when I change things up it seems to correct and goes back to where I was.

Giving magnesium chloride and peppermint oil a break and just started zix and peptide serum as separate topicals. Will analyze to see if it keeps me at bay.

Yeah, it's not the best to just throw things together no matter how good they are in theory unless the synergies are there - proven results on ones self.

true body adjusts for sure when it comes to meds and drugs, but with scalp massages, we have testimonals of people maintaining results for 5+ years and counting...I really believe it is an underrated method

Ezekiel2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
Check this out about taurine:

Protective effects of taurine on human hair follicle grown in vitro.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18489269

"... Although astressin-B and finasteride are two prominent drugs to treat alopecia, the data in this study suggest that taurine may work better than the two anti-alopecia agents against hair loss caused particularly by stresses. These results strongly implicate that taurine might alleviate the chemical stress to help hair root cells to sustain their integrity. "

"... Considering hair loss causes adolescent to suffer devastating emotional stress, the significance of safe, effective anti-alopecia agent cannot be overstated. Development of screening systems for anti-alopecia agents is very important. This study used C. elegans to evaluate astressin-B, finasteride, and taurine in terms of anti-stress potential. All of them helped with restoring the affected vital signs in C. elegans which was subjected to ER stress. Among the three agents, taurine exerts better results and may be used as an anti-alopecia agent especially against the one caused by stress."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23392889

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ffective-than-finasteride-for-hair-loss.8284/

But a lot of anecdotes that taurine orally did nothing for many people + it isn't very good for topicals I read.

You could try it topically but as others stated, it could destroy the workings of zix.

Thank you, I will take it orally

Ezekiel2019

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think it's essential for bald guys to stop eating this:

Sugar, poly-unsaturated fat, vegetable oils (except olive and coconut oil), gluten and grains in general, legumes, pasturised dairy (you can eat raw goat dairy but avoid cow dairy at all cost because of inflammatory A1 casein), alcool, fruits juice and soda, tomatoes and potatoes.

This should remove almost all the inflammation you have in your body

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
true body adjusts for sure when it comes to meds and drugs, but with scalp massages, we have testimonals of people maintaining results for 5+ years and counting...I really believe it is an underrated method

I agree, hence why microneedling works well, since it's somewhat similar.

Maybe I can add the massaging with finger tips with the topicals I use since there's no fear of going systemic due to the skin not being broken. Just a thought to ponder.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's essential for bald guys to stop eating this:

Sugar, poly-unsaturated fat, vegetable oils (except olive and coconut oil), gluten and grains in general, legumes, pasturised dairy (you can eat raw goat dairy but avoid cow dairy at all cost because of inflammatory A1 casein), alcool, fruits juice and soda, tomatoes and potatoes.

This should remove almost all the inflammation you have in your body
Tomatoes? Aren’t they full of lycopene, also legumes are a decent source of protein and a staple in the Mexican diet who have great hair.

fazzsabzi

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is awesome! :)

CAn you show me some examples please?

I've seen A LOT of examples of microneedling on hairliciously's youtube channel.

Haven't seen massage examples...

fazzsabzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe it was always efficient, but people were too lazy to do it for 5 min every single day. And people seeing the best results are doing it 20 min/day lol

20 minutes a day is NOT a lot in my opinion.

Carve out the time in the old diary and do it consistently.

IF if it begets great results its worth it

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone talking about scalp massages - user "MyThinningConfidence" reported success with scalp massages and dermarolling alone (he later added finasteride but was seeing results with just those 2 initially). One thing to be weary of is I think he mentioned a rebound effect if the scalp massages were not performed consistently. You can read his thread in the success stories section.