My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because zinc + B6 + a acid are proved to be dht blockers/ 5a reduct inhibitors and you're probably very sensitive to this reduction
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1365-2133.1988.tb03474.x

Yes but surely they would only have a ‘negative’ anti androgenic effect if zinc and B6 levels are pushed too high, which would involve starting out with high levels, particularly as I’m guessing that systemic absorption won’t be that high.

I’m already taking B6 and zinc orally in pretty high doses as I’m deficient, so I don’t think I would have sides unless it ‘tips the scale.’

I have regular blood work every 6 months.
I think it’s useful for anyone with hairliss to do that, but particularly if using something like zix.

I think my zinc and copper deficiency has contributed greatly to my hair loss over the past year.

Last edited:

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would zix cause brain fog? I guess only if someone is already high in zinc or Z6 and having more systemically is a problem?

If that’s the case then it might be worth getting lab work done for B6 and zinc.

I have a zinc and copper deficiency at the moment. Probably caused by excessive sauna sweating.
What does the meaning of brain fog? Does it mean that easy to sleep?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but surely they would only have a ‘negative’ anti androgenic effect if zinc and B6 levels are pushed too high, which would involve starting out with high levels, particularly as I’m guessing that systemic absorption won’t be that high.

I’m already taking B6 and zinc orally in pretty high doses as I’m deficient, so I don’t think I would have sides unless it ‘tips the scale.’

I have regular blood work every months.
Yes, ipotetically, but brain fog is a pretty clear symptom
"VB6 potentiated the inhibitory effect of zinc, but not of azelaic acid, suggesting that two different mechanisms are involved"
Overall, high dosage of zinc is accepted to be really anti androgenic

Last edited:

Oueyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently taking zinc formula + 0,25mg fina every other day.
2 weeks now since i started. Will keep you informed on how it goes.
For now , i've noticed thickier hair and a little bit less shed.

By the way, this smells sh*t

lostandfind

Reaction score
Hello guys. I've been using zix since last September. I tried the original formula at first and then switched to worm's formula two months ago. I think worm's formula works better for me than the original one. The summer has come and it seems my hairloss is getting increased a little bit. My hair gets worse every summer so I'm a little worried. Now I'm considering using zix twice a day to get through summer. Does anyone find that using zix twice a day would get better result?

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry is this has been repeatedly answered on this thread, but what are thoughts on Super Zix II? I’m ready to mix up some zix, but before I do I’m wondering whether it’s worth including the additional ingredients.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why add saw palmetto? Zix is an AA on its own already. Why not try zix for x months and add stuff if it doesn't work.

Could give the AA qualities a bit of a boost? Not much to lose by adding it in.

How's using zix going for you?

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just applied zix for the first time. My scalped was stinging for a couple of minutes, which has me concerned. I used 15ml of ethyl alcohol (95%). Is the stinging any cause for concern and do others have this?
Is 95% a suitable concentration with the 45ml distilled water?

Last edited:

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wash my hair with borax and leave the water and let dry! It stopped my hairloss cold turkey and no more pimple to! Quite unexpensive and effective, theres borax in any grocery store

Joffre

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using zix (my own recipe) since November 18 + other things in my regime. I got some results. I'll try to upload some pics. Around November 18 I had been free of any chemical regimen. I Had been trying detumescenes exercise with no results. Just huge shedding (after minoxidil drop). After that I tried zix and got back to minoxidil. Zix has calmed down my scalp. I often experienced aching of parts of my scalp, same feeling as if a blemish was about to start growing on that place. Since zix I have not experienced such feeling anymore.

Attachments

• November 2018.JPG
    November 2018.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 968
  • June 19 front.JPG
    June 19 front.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 979
  • June 19 vertex.JPG
    June 19 vertex.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 780
  • June 2019 side.jpg
    June 2019 side.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 797

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I can't believe it and maybe I'm saying this a bit early but my shedding has actually decreased WTF. So i've been on finasteride for 4 years and minoxidil for 6 months (no growth with either but def. stopped losing). In the last 2 months I've had shedding so i started zix with the original formula that Worm (thanks man!) on the front page using 3-4 MLs in the AM.

So far shedding is down like 80% I can't believe - just wanted to say thanks. Will keep everyone updated, can i expect regrowth with this?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even still, the b6 does not totally dissolve. Still a bunch of it in the bottom of the bottles

Saulo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using zix (my own recipe) since November 18 + other things in my regime. I got some results. I'll try to upload some pics. Around November 18 I had been free of any chemical regimen. I Had been trying detumescenes exercise with no results. Just huge shedding (after minoxidil drop). After that I tried zix and got back to minoxidil. Zix has calmed down my scalp. I often experienced aching of parts of my scalp, same feeling as if a blemish was about to start growing on that place. Since zix I have not experienced such feeling anymore.

Man, yours is an insane result!
Just using what is listed on your Regimen? No Finasteride nor anti androgens?

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This does not look like the same person...did you dye your hair?

INT

Reaction score

Hmm. You have more pictures? Can you maybe give us a rough timeline of the progress of your progress with zix and getting back on minoxidil?

Thanks!

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve started to work out, so applying zix twice a day on workout days

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could give the AA qualities a bit of a boost? Not much to lose by adding it in.

How's using zix going for you?

It apparently nullifies the formula pretty quickly if you add it to zix- in a day or two im guessing. but you can apply it separately and that should do the trick. That said it did nothing for me, may work for you though.

Hey guys,

I can't believe it and maybe I'm saying this a bit early but my shedding has actually decreased WTF. So i've been on finasteride for 4 years and minoxidil for 6 months (no growth with either but def. stopped losing). In the last 2 months I've had shedding so i started zix with the original formula that Worm (thanks man!) on the front page using 3-4 MLs in the AM.

So far shedding is down like 80% I can't believe - just wanted to say thanks. Will keep everyone updated, can i expect regrowth with this?

Ive been touting that for 116 pages +++ it's nice to see people try. I think it really helps alone or in conjunction with finasteride or minoxidil (applied 12 hours apart) - although @Joffre may be able to chime in more about that.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Holy sh*t!! That is amazing! I've never seen such results.

How often do you apply each per day and how far apart?

Thank you for sharing your experience, I hope many people will benefit from this.