My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MrsS hows your progress?

Hi Worm!

Shedding has been up and down. I've noticed my scalp became sensitive, probably because of the alcohol. My temples started to thin again (after regrowth from Zix). So mid may I added a new experiment Lactoferrin. So far pleased with the results, but I was slacking with Zix the past few weeks. Shedding increased in the last days...

Planning on being strict with appliance of Zix for maintenance and Lactoferrin for regrowth.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm!

Shedding has been up and down. I've noticed my scalp became sensitive, probably because of the alcohol. My temples started to thin again (after regrowth from Zix). So mid may I added a new experiment Lactoferrin. So far pleased with the results, but I was slacking with Zix the past few weeks. Shedding increased in the last days...

Planning on being strict with appliance of Zix for maintenance and Lactoferrin for regrowth.

hey man, where do you buy this stuff ? thx

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is that 3.5 capsules?

male pattern baldness is pretty prevalent in my family too on both sides. When it started it was aggressive af shedding 200 hairs a day. I just nipped it 6 months in with minoxidil and within a year I was on finasteride (1998), when it hadn't even been approved for hairloss.
I tried the Zinc sulfate heptahydrate powder, not the capsule.

Creatine

My Regimen
Reaction score
II started using Zix 2 days ago and notice an immediate improvement in scalp health. I always had scalp issues, extreme oiliness, itchiness, flakes, etc . Used nizoral, head and shoulders, selson, blue over the years to control it. Zix definitely calmed the scalp and greatly reduced the oiliness. Hoping for some positive results over the next months.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
II started using Zix 2 days ago and notice an immediate improvement in scalp health. I always had scalp issues, extreme oiliness, itchiness, flakes, etc . Used nizoral, head and shoulders, selson, blue over the years to control it. Zix definitely calmed the scalp and greatly reduced the oiliness. Hoping for some positive results over the next months.

Yes I think this is big component of zix - either it makes your scalp healthy = less hair loss, or it reduces the dht which then in turn reduces hair loss. Either way, your scalp is better off for it.

I do not recommend using nizoral if you're using zix.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I think this is big component of zix - either it makes your scalp healthy = less hair loss, or it reduces the dht which then in turn reduces hair loss. Either way, your scalp is better off for it.

I do not recommend using nizoral if you're using zix.

nizoral gave me 'keto burn' and was when I first noticed hair loss.

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've bought everything for Zix and would like to add it to my régimen of finasteride everyday, minoxidil at night and zix in the morning.

However I'm.confused on the alcohol to buy, would this work?

https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-70-ethyl-rubbing-alcohol-prodid-304659

Every ethyl alcohol I see has other stuff added to it like acetone etc. And I'm wondering if this is okay? If not can someone please provide a link ?:)

Thanks !!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've bought everything for Zix and would like to add it to my régimen of finasteride everyday, minoxidil at night and zix in the morning.

However I'm.confused on the alcohol to buy, would this work?

https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-70-ethyl-rubbing-alcohol-prodid-304659

Every ethyl alcohol I see has other stuff added to it like acetone etc. And I'm wondering if this is okay? If not can someone please provide a link ?:)

Thanks !!

I would maybe look for another 70% ethyl alcohol. My impression is that acetone is quite unhealthy for you.

INT

Reaction score
@worm: Some time ago you asked me about my experience with sandalore. I tried it for a while but not very long. I did feel like it did something but I was not on it long enough because I first wanted to test zix only for a month or six before bringing sandalore back into the mix.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm: Some time ago you asked me about my experience with sandalore. I tried it for a while but not very long. I did feel like it did something but I was not on it long enough because I first wanted to test zix only for a month or six before bringing sandalore back into the mix.

I would be interested in maybe adding it to the mix. Nobody seems to be talking about it anymore, and based on the results Im guessing it didnt have enough of an impact for people to keep using it.

superman268

My Regimen
Reaction score
So i started my Zix Journey Yesterday with the exact products which Worm recommend but the thing is i might have to use it only at night because i have go to work at 7 am so i cant be applying it in the morning with a rush. So far i feel my hair is a bit strong now. I will update about the Shedding in couple of weeks time.

Its working Fine. Less shedding or sometimes no shedding at all when i shampoo my hair and look my hands. Gives a good thick look to my hair. Only using once a day at night and my hair looks aswm in the morning.Thanks @worm

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its working Fine. Less shedding or sometimes no shedding at all when i shampoo my hair and look my hands. Gives a good thick look to my hair. Only using once a day at night and my hair looks aswm in the morning.Thanks @worm
What is your detailed composition of your zix?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update;
As requested by forum users. Visited a derm today who inspected my hair. I can confirm that I have male pattern baldness.

Recessed Hairline , but thick vertex and crown.

My hairline hasn’t changed in over a year, my thinning areas are still thin - so there must be some science behind zix

Last edited:

superman268

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your detailed composition of your zix?

I use the exact same Recipe which worm Recommend in the first page.

- about 15 mls ethyl alcohol
- 2 x 220 mgs of zinc sulfate - 2 x https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Z...8&qid=1469108018&sr=1-1&keywords=zinc sulfate (I NOW USE 3x Zincs have much better results)
- 150 mgs of b6 p5p is use the brand pure encapsulations, you can find it on amazon
- 45 mls distilled water (must be DISTILLED NOT filtered or ionized or any of that)

And i use 3 Capsules of Zincs

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any logic in using copper peptides with zix, considering that systemically zinc lowers copper and copper seems to be important for hair.
@worm Thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would zix cause brain fog? I guess only if someone is already high in zinc or Z6 and having more systemically is a problem?

If that’s the case then it might be worth getting lab work done for B6 and zinc.

I have a zinc and copper deficiency at the moment. Probably caused by excessive sauna sweating.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would zix cause brain fog? I guess only if someone is already high in zinc or Z6 and having more systemically is a problem?

If that’s the case then it might be worth getting lab work done for B6 and zinc.

I have a zinc and copper deficiency at the moment. Probably caused by excessive sauna sweating.
Because zinc + B6 + a acid are proved to be dht blockers/ 5a reduct inhibitors and you're probably very sensitive to this reduction
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1365-2133.1988.tb03474.x