My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wash my hair with borax and leave the water and let dry! It stopped my hairloss cold turkey and no more pimple to! Quite unexpensive and effective, theres borax in any grocery store

Hey, can you explain a little more? If find borax quite granular, how do you apply/dissolve it? How long have you been using it? Do you ever use shampoo or just borax alone? do you find it leaves your hair looking clean as shampoo? any regrowth?

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, can you explain a little more? If find borax quite granular, how do you apply/dissolve it? How long have you been using it? Do you ever use shampoo or just borax alone? do you find it leaves your hair looking clean as shampoo? any regrowth?

What I do is I wash my hair with baking soda! So i fix the ph. Then i rinse with borax saturated solution (the cloudy water) and leave it to dry by itself! It give a nice clean looking hair and I feel the scalp so much more healthy! I buy borax 20 mules, i feel it’s the best one, other sometime turns to rock in water instead of getting the water cloudy! You don’t want that IMO

It give some regrow, slowed to a crawl the fall! But to get clear regrow you need more than just that!

Hope this help.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I do is I wash my hair with baking soda! So i fix the ph. Then i rinse with borax saturated solution (the cloudy water) and leave it to dry by itself! It give a nice clean looking hair and I feel the scalp so much more healthy! I buy borax 20 mules, i feel it’s the best one, other sometime turns to rock in water instead of getting the water cloudy! You don’t want that IMO

It give some regrow, slowed to a crawl the fall! But to get clear regrow you need more than just that!

Hope this help.

Thanks - I'll try backing soda. I find it does wonders for my teeth with brushing. I also tried drinking a bit in water in the morning. even though i drank it, my teeth felt extremely clean. I stopped because I developed a chronic cough. Anyhow, I'll try some as a shampoo.

My problem with borax is I dont find it dissolves well at all.

How long did it take for your shedding to stop?

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks - I'll try backing soda. I find it does wonders for my teeth with brushing. I also tried drinking a bit in water in the morning. even though i drank it, my teeth felt extremely clean. I stopped because I developed a chronic cough. Anyhow, I'll try some as a shampoo.

My problem with borax is I dont find it dissolves well at all.

How long did it take for your shedding to stop?

Depend how the scalp was before! For me arround 5 days. Yea some brand doesnt dissolve in water! I have no clue why but 20 muleteam dissolve fine. I buy it from the grocery store.

I like drinking baking soda at the evening/morning!!! Make me feel great and clean my skin.

Hope this help

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I think you're asking how long should you let the solution sit before you use it right? It's good to let it sit for 12 hours, but literally you can start using it right away, I do. Mix 80% distilled, 20% ethyl alcohol and 3 zinc capsules. Apply in the morning. Then apply your minoxidil in the evening.

Hope that answers your questions. Good luck!
hey there, sorry for bothering you, your formulation is still this one? just 3 zinc caps with distilled and 20% alcohol?

Joffre

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, yours is an insane result!
Just using what is listed on your Regimen? No Finasteride nor anti androgens?

This does not look like the same person...did you dye your hair?

Hmm. You have more pictures? Can you maybe give us a rough timeline of the progress of your progress with zix and getting back on minoxidil?

Thanks!

Holy sh*t!! That is amazing! I've never seen such results.

How often do you apply each per day and how far apart?

Thank you for sharing your experience, I hope many people will benefit from this.

To answer all of your questions briefly:

Yes, it is the same person. Myself. No I don't dye my hair. No I do not take finasteride or any other systematic antiandrogen. I haven't touched that sh*t in more than 5 years even though it, combined with minoxidil and aspirin, gave me super James Dean hair, also my temples got filled with new strong hair. As a price, it also gave me ED which took me more than one year to recover from more or less.

Those pictures are made with different lighting, from different angles. Different hair lenght and hair syle. I am posting one more pic attached. Today's photo. No barber hairstyle, no zix taken this morning (so no volume effect), full summer sunlight. As you can see, there are still visible thin areas with scalp exposed. But the progress is there I would say.

My zix formula: 80g of 60% ethanol, 70 ml distilled water, 1000-1200mg zinc sulfate, 250mg B6 pyridoxal (higher dosage gives a zix bright yellow colour and my scalp looks like piss), medium sized spoon of azelaic acid (99%) powder. I have recently noticed, that when I left zinc and AA to dissolve in just ethanol for a few minutes, the solid ingredients dissolve rather very good. However when I mix all the ingredience alltogether with water, it largely remains undissolved for a couple of weeks.

I take 2-2,5 ml of zix every morning before I go to work, and every night. After 30minutes or longer I apply minoxidil with 3g of azelaic acid in it. The day I wash my hair with nizora I don't apply any of the topicals, it dries my scalp very much and creates dandruff.

To the rest of my regimen. I think it is all about synergy of all parts:
magnesium - to balance calcium ionts. I suffer from hypomagnesia, which could lead to tissue calcification (due to inflamation), fibrosis. There have been studies about connection of cardiovascular diseases (which are in my family gene pool) and hairloss and tooth decay (all in my family).
zinc - anti DHT and aromatase inhibitor
vit c - antioixidant
aspirin - systematic inhibiton of inflamation (it afffects prostaglandins, than calms inflamation, that should lead to less calcification, fibrosis..all the cascade of effects connected to hair loss) But beware the high dosage and possible effects on digestion and spermatosis.
ginkgo - blood flow
I also drink a cup of Japanese green tea almost every day - to increase SHBG levels
minoxidil - to promote new hair to grow
nizoral - anti DHT and anti inflamation
zix - anti DHT and anti inflamation + volume
scalp exercise - blood flow, and calcified tissue disruption

I wish to drop minoxidil at some point, it gave me dark circles under eyes and older look.
I'd like to try copper peptides instead. Actually I do not understand one thing, if minoxidil inhibits collagen synthesis and helps to grow new hair. How do the copper peptides work which are supposed to promote collagen synthesis and thus make hair stronger. But that's the different topic.
I'd like anybody to test my regimen in longer period of time. Sorry for my mistakes. English is not my native language.

Attachments

• Top 27.6.2019.JPG
    Top 27.6.2019.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 632

Joffre

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Joffre Crazy result man, congrats! Btw, do you think zix is the most important think of your regimen that had effect?

I don't know. I would say minoxidil is the most important. Zix is the second one. Zix slows down the hairloss and maintain what you've got. But it's hard to say, I would have to drop the minoxidil and wait 3 months just on zix to tell the difference. That I am not willing to to right now, because that combination works for me. I do not expect any other new growth, but we will see.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I would say minoxidil is the most important. Zix is the second one. Zix slows down the hairloss and maintain what you've got. But it's hard to say, I would have to drop the minoxidil and wait 3 months just on zix to tell the difference. That I am not willing to to right now, because that combination works for me. I do not expect any other new growth, but we will see.

Are you applying minoxidil twice a day after Zix, or just once at night? Also, what brand of minoxidil are you using? Thanks.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Don't drop the Minoxidil because it's a big possibility that Zix never even worked for you and that Minoxidil made it all happen.

INT

Reaction score

DId you experience any shedding when you hopped on minoxidil? Thanks!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey there, sorry for bothering you, your formulation is still this one? just 3 zinc caps with distilled and 20% alcohol?

yes - still the same - that's about right - maybe 10mls of ethyl alcohol now that I think of it.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a water ionizer that not only purifies but also has the ability to make water alkaline or acidic. Does anyone know whether I can use ionized, acidic water for Zix, instead of distilled water, or is there another benefit of using distilled water?

Joe writes about using distilled water because it is pure and acidic, but says no more. Do ingredients mix better with distilled water? I have trouble seeing how it can be so important with distilled water. Here in Norway it is barely possible to find proper distilled water for sale online.

I have no access to pure ethanol, only denatured. This should not be used, right? Joe advises on his site to use 40 percent vodka instead in such cases, doubling the concentration of it and reducing the distilled water accordingly. I will try that.

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_14.htm

I think he specifically mentions not to use dionized water as it's not the same and renders the formula ineffective. I dont know about vodka.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't drop the Minoxidil because it's a big possibility that Zix never even worked for you and that Minoxidil made it all happen.

First of all he said he was on minoxidil beforehand - so he would know if he had similar results. I have no doubt that minoxidil has been a major contributor to regrowth. But I also suspect the use of zix provides the anti androgenic boost that makes it a potent combination. Just guessing based on my success with zix alone.

I hope he comes back to elaborate a little more on his experience because those pictures show massive gains.

INT

Reaction score
Close to being 2 months back on zix. Hair is looking pretty good these days even though I mostly think that is due to the argan oil I use in my hair. I do barely lose any hair during the day and in the showers though and I don´t think this is because of the oil.

It is so strange, this is the second time I use zix for an ´extended´ amount of time and my shedding is so minimal at the moment but still it feels a bit scary to rely on a treatment that is solely based on anecdotal reports and an in vitro study. Despite the fact that I got horrible side effects from finasteride the first time around, I am really toying with the idea to make my microdose topical at an extremely low dosage and apply that 3 times a week along with my zix.

INT

Reaction score
Be happy Zix is working, I'm in contact with different people on other hairloss sites and came across a few people that used zix and said it was good for maintenance. For most zix is still unknown. Don't use fina man, even topically, especially when you know you had sides.

Interesting. Any long term users among them?

INT

Reaction score
One guy I spoke with through pm was on it for a couple of years and said he had maintenance. And just like worm he said he had no regrowth but maintained what he had + his hair got a bit thicker too.

Also when you google a bit, there are other people on zix who say the same.

He was only on zix?

Oueyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys think it's a good idea to mix it with fina 0,25 every other day ?
Also, i'm following this video to prepare the formula, is it legit?

Anyway, i'm taking it since few weeks, i'll keep you informed

INT

Reaction score
Do you guys think it's a good idea to mix it with fina 0,25 every other day ?
Also, i'm following this video to prepare the formula, is it legit?

Anyway, i'm taking it since few weeks, i'll keep you informed

Most people here use zix because they cannot or do not want to take finasteride but if you have no issues with finasteride I guess it will give you better results yes. Video is legit. Keep us posted!

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
I made a batch and accidentally used 45ml of alcohol and 15ml of water, rather than vice versa. Reckon this will be bad if I continue to use it?