My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Took a zix break for a few days since I wanted to try hydrocortisone cream. I have tried it yesterday and the day before and man what a b**ch to apply if you still have a good amount of hair... However...

When I was washing+detangling my hair in the shower I found that there were almost no hair shedding... I am used to heaving full shower drains (I have long black hair) and especially when I detangle my hair, a lot of hairs comes out (most them shedding, some of them just broken because of the detangling (very curly hair that tends to get dry). But today I literally had to kneel down to see if there was even any hair in there. There obviously was... but far less than usual.

Just wanted to share with you guys.
How long have you been on it? Is your hairloss aggressive?

INT

Reaction score
How long have you been on it? Is your hairloss aggressive?

What is it? Zix or hydrocortisone?

My hairloss should be aggresive. My dad and maternal grandfather were Norwood III at 27 and I am 27 right now and still having a Norwood II. How I did this? Probably mostly due to PFS derailing my natural male pattern baldness progression.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is it? Zix or hydrocortisone?

My hairloss should be aggresive. My dad and maternal grandfather were Norwood III at 27 and I am 27 right now and still having a Norwood II. How I did this? Probably mostly due to PFS derailing my natural male pattern baldness progression.
I wouldn't say Norwood 3 at 27 is aggressive, that's around my norwood at 19, so it's probably up there but definitely not too bad. And how long have you been on Zix.

INT

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Norwood 3 at 27 is aggressive, that's around my norwood at 19, so it's probably up there but definitely not too bad. And how long have you been on Zix.

Well looking at both my dad and my maternal grandfather I have a clear NW6 destiny waiting for me.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thickening effect is really unbelievable, it's only been a week so I haven't noticed any reduction in shedding yet, the formula I've been using is: 4 capsules of zinc sulfate mixed with 20-30ml of alcohol and 70-80ml of distilled water, applied once a day.

Cool, glad to hear, please keep us updated. It took me a month om this new formulation to notice an improvement. Do u have lots of shedding at the moment?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve only ever used 5% minoxidil once daily. Got good results from rogaine which wore off after like 6 months. Got good results from Lipogaine which lasted me a year. I’ve been using belgravia for 4 months with no results. I need help. I’m thiking about goin back on 5% Lipogaine. But I know something can help me regrow. Either S5 cream or RU or Zix. Overall just wanna get back some ground. I know my hair cells aren’t dead. As I had decent coverage 8-12mo ago. I just need something to help with DHT

Sorry brother, I've been off line the past few days enjoying the holidays with family. Are you still using minoxidil? I would try zinc or zix in the morning, then use minoxidil in the evening to make sure they are well spaced apart. See how that goes.

It seems like you respond well to minoxidil but your male pattern baldness is winning the war, so an anti dht solution should do you well. I'd try the zinc in the morning, it may take a month to respond. Make sure you spread them apart by at least 6 hours. You may want to add b6 eventually, but don't jump the gun. I've read about a few who are getting excellent results using both. Peppered throughout this thread I've posted a few posts where people have been getting great results using both.

INT

Reaction score
I have the same type of hair as you do, except that mine is brown, not black. Any tio tomake it better looking?

- I wash my hair with a sulfate free shampoo
- Volumizing conditioner
- While hair is still very wet I rake a little bit of bounce curl light creme gel together with a little bit of shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie
- Let air dry for 30-50 minutues
- Add shea moisture root lifting styler and blowdry with diffuser

I do this process every other day.

Terrell Evans

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply bro. So should I try Zix or Zinc ? Or are they the same thing. And do you know a website that’s tells me what I need to purchase to make the formula ?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Terrell Evans

My Regimen
Reaction score
my hairloss is pretty aggressive. If people are getting good results with Zix topically & minoxidil. I would rather try that. Can you take both Zix and Zinc? Or is is best to just do one ?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3207614
"The effects of zinc sulphate and azelaic acid on 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin were studied using an in vitro assay with 1,2[3H]-testosterone as substrate. When added at concentrations of 3 or 9 mmol/l, zinc was a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase activity. At high concentrations, zinc could completely inhibit the enzyme activity. Azelaic acid was also a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase; inhibition was detectable at concentrations as low as 0.2 mmol/l and was complete at 3 mmol/l. An additive effect of the two inhibitors was observed. Vitamin B6 potentiated the inhibitory effect of zinc, but not of azelaic acid, suggesting that two different mechanisms are involved. When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had been shown to be ineffective alone, 90% inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity was obtained. If this inhibition is confirmed in vivo, zinc sulphate combined with azelaic acid could be an effective agent in the treatment of androgen related pathology of human skin."

Fascinating. Did I overlook it or did no one actually post this?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3207614
"The effects of zinc sulphate and azelaic acid on 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin were studied using an in vitro assay with 1,2[3H]-testosterone as substrate. When added at concentrations of 3 or 9 mmol/l, zinc was a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase activity. At high concentrations, zinc could completely inhibit the enzyme activity. Azelaic acid was also a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase; inhibition was detectable at concentrations as low as 0.2 mmol/l and was complete at 3 mmol/l. An additive effect of the two inhibitors was observed. Vitamin B6 potentiated the inhibitory effect of zinc, but not of azelaic acid, suggesting that two different mechanisms are involved. When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had been shown to be ineffective alone, 90% inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity was obtained. If this inhibition is confirmed in vivo, zinc sulphate combined with azelaic acid could be an effective agent in the treatment of androgen related pathology of human skin."

Fascinating. Did I overlook it or did no one actually post this?

That study is from 1988 . Lameless, not a single university made a study in vivo about this, shameless . But, it was tested in many forum users, it was very popular back in 1997 on hairsite . Do a search and you will find a very popular post about it.

Terrell Evans

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro can you please post the link to your formula again. And exactly how to make It. I’m desperate to get started. I really neeed your help

Terrell Evans

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay thank you bro, will 70% ethyl rubbing alcohol work ?

Attachments

• 18B87BFF-3E22-4039-A204-48C55155A91D.jpeg
    18B87BFF-3E22-4039-A204-48C55155A91D.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 218