My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, worm

I have read all 38 pages :) Thank you for your story and the help with Zix!

I'm 21 years old and I have been experiencing hair loss for about 6-8 months. I think I have the diffuse type because my hair thinned at the crown area, a little bit at the forehead and my left temple is much thinner than the right one (no idea why). But hairline is OK.

When hair loss started I had significant shedding. I guess about 150-300 hairs per day. My hair was everywhere. I didn't pay much attention to it because in that time I used styling gel and hairdryer on regular basis, so I thought that they caused my hair loss.

Then, I stopped to use gels and hairdryer and noticed that my hair density didn't come back.

Couple months ago I started to feel the itch. It wasn't going away and I decided to wash my hair every day, it helped, but if I don't wash my hair more than one day, itch becomes really bad.
Currently, I use Nizoral once a week and seems like it helps. But I still think that my scalp isn't OK, it looks a little inflamed. (I have a bit hot scalp with red shade).

I'm strongly concerned about Min and finasteride.
- I don't want to start Min because it will kind of accelerate things and if I stop using it I will never come back to original state.(Maybe I'm wrong)
- finasteride, because of side effects.

Here is my short story :). So, I'm planning to try Zix.

Have couple questions:
1) Do you have any information about positive results from guys who have diffuse AA?
2) Idea. Did anyone think about combining Zix and finasteride? For example, use Zix every day and add finasteride once or twice a week?
3) Also, I have the suggestion (maybe useless). Could you please record the video with instructions how you prepare Zix when you will have time? I think it could help some newbies like me :)

Thanks in advance!

Just buy some zinc sulphate and mix 4 x 220mg tabs into 2oz of distilled water. Which is a travel sized shampoo container u can get at a dollar store. If you can find ethyl alcohol, maybe throw a splash of that in there too (70%). It's very simple.

Try that first before trying anything else. If that doesn't do it, get some b6 p5p and see if that helps.

If all else fails you can try finasteride or something in a few months, trust me, you won't be any worse off especially since you're just starting to possibly lose your hair. But whatever you do, do not try finasteride first, its very potent.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
its insane to think that despite all the effort from various companies and random people exploring all kinds of ways to solve this sh*t and understand the science behind it, a person can halt their hairloss by dumping some zinc on their heads lol

No kidding. That said maybe my male pattern baldness is less intense than others, or maybe my scalp inflammation is the biggest cause for it.... It seems whatever it is though, that the zinc is making things so much better.

I was just touching my scalp earlier, and I couldn't help but notice how loose it felt. Think that helps blood circulation, and therefore hair quality and growth.

Jambo

Reaction score
Hi @worm,

Since you started this experiment with zix and then dropping to zinc only, I'm wondering if at any point you have tried no treatment?

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyhow boys, dip your toes in before you jump in head first, you may thank yourself in the end, worst case is you lose 2 weeks.

Are you suggesting that you saw improvement or some other sign of progress (more scalp laxity, a feeling of better circulation, less itch etc.) within 2 weeks of using topical zinc?

Just buy some zinc sulphate and mix 4 x 220mg tabs into 2oz of distilled water. Which is a travel sized shampoo container u can get at a dollar store. If you can find ethyl alcohol, maybe throw a splash of that in there too (70%). It's very simple.

Try that first before trying anything else. If that doesn't do it, get some b6 p5p and see if that helps.

Is that really all you need to do? Just dissolve the zinc in distilled water, possibly add some ethyl alcohol if needed, and apply it? If so maybe I need to try this lol.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that you saw improvement or some other sign of progress (more scalp laxity, a feeling of better circulation, less itch etc.) within 2 weeks of using topical zinc?

Well I'd say I started to notice a little improvement over zix around week 3, then further in week 4. Zix has been working for me, so seeing a difference without b6, is more incremental than dramatic, which took me a few weeks to conclude. I'm not totally convinced yet, but enough so to stay the course and monitor. So my conclusion for newcomers is start with zinc alone.

Is that really all you need to do? Just dissolve the zinc in distilled water, possibly add some ethyl alcohol if needed, and apply it? If so maybe I need to try this lol.

Well I'd say I started to notice a little improvement over zix around week 3, then further in week 4. Zix has been working for me, so seeing a difference without b6, is more incremental than dramatic, which took me a few weeks to conclude. I'm not totally convinced yet, but enough so to stay the course and monitor. So my conclusion for newcomers is start with zinc alon

Yes, i posted the brand I use, instructions are basically the same as zix, without the b6. Use 4 capsules of 220 mgs. Use 15-20 mils ethyl alcohol 70%, if you can find some.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw Im going to keep monitoring, but when totally convinced (which I'm pretty much there now) I'll start a new thread. Furthermore I'd like to see if iodine may help the solution, so I'm a few weeks from finalizing everything.

Reactions: INT

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last night only had 7-8 hairs in the shower. Had more short and curlys than hair from my head. :)

Granted I ran a brush through my hair before my shower, but I've done this many times in the past and still lose 2-3 times more hair, so don't think it's that.

I'm noticing my scalp is still feelin' loose (moreso than ever before) yet stress level is at a very very high level (f'in work). I feel this helps circulation and keeps my scalp nourished with blood or whatever keeps my hair growing. When I'm losing more hair, I know my scalp is much more tense. Brosciencing the crap out of this, but anecdotal evidence is my main proof here.

I wonder if I should bump up my solution to 5 capsules of zinc.....

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last night only had 7-8 hairs in the shower. Had more short and curlys than hair from my head. :)

Granted I ran a brush through my hair before my shower, but I've done this many times in the past and still lose 2-3 times more hair, so don't think it's that.

I'm noticing my scalp is still feelin' loose (moreso than ever before) yet stress level is at a very very high level (f'in work). I feel this helps circulation and keeps my scalp nourished with blood or whatever keeps my hair growing. When I'm losing more hair, I know my scalp is much more tense. Brosciencing the crap out of this, but anecdotal evidence is my main proof here.

I wonder if I should bump up my solution to 5 capsules of zinc.....
I would try and increase the capsules until you no longer see any benefit, or maybe even lower.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well having removed b6 from my mix, I've noticed benefits. By that same reasoning, I would think adding b12 may make it worse.

@Jonnyyy I think ill up it to 5 next bottle, have only a few days left in it.

What makes you compare b6 and b12 like this? gsk3 inhibition and wnt are incredible valuable. Hence people put lithium chloride on their heads after wounding. Not trying to force anything on you guys by any means.

"GSK3-beta is involved in androgen receptor nuclear binding. It is also involved with stem cell differentiation (causes it), inhibits stem cell proliferation and the canonical wnt/beta catenin pathway. It has been shown in prostate cells that LITHIUM CHLORIDE a gsk3-b inhibitor, inhibits the nuclear binding of the androgen receptor even if it is bound to DHT. So, this means no transcription or translation of the androgen receptor= cessation of androgenetic alopecia."

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
What makes you compare b6 and b12 like this? gsk3 inhibition and wnt are incredible valuable. Hence people put lithium chloride on their heads after wounding. Not trying to force anything on you guys by any means.

"GSK3-beta is involved in androgen receptor nuclear binding. It is also involved with stem cell differentiation (causes it), inhibits stem cell proliferation and the canonical wnt/beta catenin pathway. It has been shown in prostate cells that LITHIUM CHLORIDE a gsk3-b inhibitor, inhibits the nuclear binding of the androgen receptor even if it is bound to DHT. So, this means no transcription or translation of the androgen receptor= cessation of androgenetic alopecia."

Im not saying it wont work, Im just basing this on my experience of more is not necessarily better. That said, Im contemplating adding iodine to my mix - not to mention I tried magnesium and found it made things worse. The only thing I can say is that I believe zinc alone may be better than zinc + b6 (which I have been using the past 13 years). I dont know everything, but I can at least guide everyone with what has worked for me.

My advice to you is try zinc alone for 1-2 months, then add b12 and see how that works for you. In the meantime, Im going to try more zinc, then zinc with iodine. The more people we have who try different things, the faster we will possibly get to a home made hairloss solution.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm You may have mentioned this elsewhere, but is there an initial shed with this like there is with some other treatments?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm You may have mentioned this elsewhere, but is there an initial shed with this like there is with some other treatments?

No, there is no shed, only reduced shedding. If u see one, something is not working right (probably wrong formulation).

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why zinc SULFATE and not any other kind of zinc? Have you tryed other zinc type to see if theres a better one? Studys show that zinc sulfate is prety sh*t compared to other type of zinc!?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why zinc SULFATE and not any other kind of zinc? Have you tryed other zinc type to see if theres a better one? Studys show that zinc sulfate is prety sh*t compared to other type of zinc!?

Don't know, it was Joe, but I suspect he used it because it was the kind they used in the study. Just give it a try, it's like $5 for zinc sulphate, and distilled water is cheap.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't know, it was Joe, but I suspect he used it because it was the kind they used in the study. Just give it a try, it's like $5 for zinc sulphate, and distilled water is cheap.
How's it going, any updates?