My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

kamikaze2803

Reaction score
@johnyyy

Yes, I do . I hadnt showered in 2 days, but just got out of the shower and only 5-6 hairs were in the drain. I did dry shampoo, gel, and blowdry my hair this morning though before work (12 hours ago) to make it look less greasy, but it's not like i didnt do similar things when i was using zix (b6 + zinc) and I would still shed 20-30 hairs in the shower regardless. Often on zix, after 2 days of not showering I would shed around 30+ hairs and attribute having 50% more hair in the drain than most days to the fact that I hadnt showered. Now with zinc alone I find the shedding after 4 weeks is almost 1/3 of the formulation that I based this thread on.

Id like to think Im seeing hairs on my hairline growing in, but that's probably wishful thinking. Anyhow, it's still super early, since Ive been on zinc alone for barely a month.

So im still monitoring but for me, im starting to believe the following formulation is far more effective.

45 mls distilled water
4 x 220mgs zinc sulfate capsules emptied into the container
15 mls ethyl alcohol

Kind of sucks, because I just dropped $40 on 3 bottles B6 p5p, which i may never use.

After the holidays, I'll up it to 5 capsules, since I wont be home the next 10 days, so there's no point in trying something i cant monitor.

@worm what do u think about me using your new recipe and still adding the b6, do u think it could be better, I’m thinking about trying it

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time lurker.

Decided to give this a shot, ordered zinc capsules and distilled water, do I need ethyl alcohol as well? Looked at Joe's site and he has not mentioned it at all for original zix. I am currently using Castor oil, not sure if it is working or not.

http://www.advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_7.htm

I am optimistic about this, he is not making money from it, so can't be a scam. If zix doesn't work, will use topical finasteride.

What I don't understand however is why not everybody is going on about this if it works so well?

Last edited:

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time lurker.

Decided to give this a shot, ordered zinc capsules and distilled water, do I need ethyl alcohol as well? Looked at Joe's site and he has not mentioned it at all for original zix. I am currently using Castor oil, not sure if it is working or not.

I am optimistic about this, he is not making money from it, so can't be a scam. If zix doesn't work, will use topical finasteride.

What I don't understand however is why not everybody is going on about this if it works so well?
Because nobody believes that there's a way to fix hairloss that's "natural". Kinda feel the same way too, I don't think Zix is as good as propecia but if you can't take propecia due to sides then you better get on something like Zix.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because nobody believes that there's a way to fix hairloss that's "natural". Kinda feel the same way too, I don't think Zix is as good as propecia but if you can't take propecia due to sides then you better get on something like Zix.

The only reason why I am jumping onto this before topical finasteride is to avoid any sides. I am surprised more people are not giving this a first shot.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
The only reason why I am jumping onto this before topical finasteride is to avoid any sides. I am surprised more people are not giving this a first shot.
I think most people did when they tried Revivogen which was very similar. However, Revivogen never really proved to be as popular as minoxidil and finasteride.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You tried it too - did it work?
I think it might have worked better than I thought but it was too smelly and messy to want to use. If they had a foam version that was odorless and colorless I would still be using it. I still go back and forth wanting to give it a try but its just too messy to deal with. It stains your pillow case too.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it might have worked better than I thought but it was too smelly and messy to want to use. If they had a foam version that was odorless and colorless I would still be using it. I still go back and forth wanting to give it a try but its just too messy to deal with. It stains your pillow case too.

Good to hear, optimistic about ZIX

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

It's not finasteride. I responded super well on it, but experienced sides galore, which I still managed to live with. Having stopped by accident, I couldn't justify going back on it.

But with respect to those who don't want to go the finasteride route, I wonder why so many are so skeptical to try this. It's worked wonders for me for almost 14 years. Now with the success I've been having with zinc alone, it's basically a $6-7 investment that could supply you with a year's worth of treatment. If it doesn't work so be it, but it costs basically nothing to try.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not finasteride. I responded super well on it, but experienced sides galore, which I still managed to live with. Having stopped by accident, I couldn't justify going back on it.

But with respect to those who don't want to go the finasteride route, I wonder why so many are so skeptical to try this. It's worked wonders for me for almost 14 years. Now with the success I've been having with zinc alone, it's basically a $6-7 investment that could supply you with a year's worth of treatment. If it doesn't work so be it, but it costs basically nothing to try.

That's why I think its promising, a lot of scam products sell for 50 bucks and are heavily marketed

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time lurker.

You can try without alcohol, I suspect it'll still work pretty well. I think the alcohol helps with absorption.

I don't think everyone has success, but the people who seem to respond tend to never update. They come, ask lots of questions and say they see good things early but basically disappear and leave no further updates. Id like to think they are doing well, but are too laze to let us know. who knows though....

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm what do u think about me using your new recipe and still adding the b6, do u think it could be better, I’m thinking about trying it

Thought I answered this. I'd try zinc for a month, then add b6. See how you respond to different versions of the formula.

Cheers.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought I answered this. I'd try zinc for a month, then add b6. See how you respond to different versions of the formula.

Cheers.
Any updates on your results with just Zinc, or add ins of anything else?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
no updates to report - tbh ive been running around and only been home 2 days in the past 10-11 days due to the holidays. everything seemed stable, although i upped my concentration to 5 zinc. I havent had a real opportunity to assess the effectiveness.on saturday, i noticed i had a couple extra hair come out when i tried to style my hair, but could just be a coincidence.

It took 3 weeks to notice the zinc alone was helping a little more than my zix, I suspect i should do the same with 5 zinc concentration before I jump to any conclusions.

@Aethas I have no clue about adding taurine or caffeine or anything much for that matter - except magnesium and azelaic acid, which didnt work. My experience tends to lean towards using less additives. But it could be that the combined effect of zinc and something else could make the solution more effective - I wont know it until i see it. Im also not totally sold on zinc alone, but i seem to still be shedding less more than a month on now.

So my advice is start with zinc alone, then after a month add b6, a month later, add something else if you feel like tinkering. But the kitchen sink method may have you miss something that would be effective on it's own, but ineffective in combination with something else.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ill tale taurine oraly and keep to zonc on'y for topical.... i get my zinc this week!!!! Cant wait been a long time i buyed it

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ill tale taurine oraly and keep to zonc on'y for topical.... i get my zinc this week!!!! Cant wait been a long time i buyed it

Great. I don't know much about taurine, but I have taken some types of stimulants and noticed it caused sheds. Also, I read someone else reporting the same on the same type. Needless to say, again i'd say try one thing at a time. Zinc or zix takes a few weeks to work, you should not experience any big shed, so if you do, that is not a good sign.

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I've been using the zix version without the B6 for two days and in terms of how it feels I think this is a great discovery. A few months ago I tried the version with the B6 and felt really bad with constant headaches. I now use 4x220mg zinc sulfate, and distilled water, I preffer not to use alcohol, and it feels great not to have sides and use something that at leasts seems to maintain (even though it is too early to see if there is maintenance.
FRASCO-GOTERO-71ML--612444.jpg

I use this kind of dropper and apply two full droppers only. When I used zix with B6 it didn't matter if I apply only 1 full dropper or reduce the dose, I always had headaches.

I have some questions regarding the zinc sulfate. If I only apply that quantity there is any possible harm to the body in some way? I mean, It doesn't feel nearly as bad as it felt when using the B6 but I'm just asking in case this is somehow safe to use for a long period of time, as I will use it till something new arrives, which can be this year or in 5 years