My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm wow man for the past two days my hair has looked better than it did a year ago, I'm using the Zinc only formula by the way. I'm no longer worried about how my hair looks for now, you're onto something great man.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm wow man for the past two days my hair has looked better than it did a year ago, I'm using the Zinc only formula by the way. I'm no longer worried about how my hair looks for now, you're onto something great man.

Thanks brother, I hope you see a reduction in shedding. I suspect you can expect to see improvement in shedding in the next 3-4 weeks.

At the moment, do you know how many hairs you shed in the shower?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I've been using the zix version without the B6 for two days and in terms of how it feels I think this is a great discovery. A few months ago I tried the version with the B6 and felt really bad with constant headaches. I now use 4x220mg zinc sulfate, and distilled water, I preffer not to use alcohol, and it feels great not to have sides and use something that at leasts seems to maintain (even though it is too early to see if there is maintenance.
View attachment 75230

I use this kind of dropper and apply two full droppers only. When I used zix with B6 it didn't matter if I apply only 1 full dropper or reduce the dose, I always had headaches.

I have some questions regarding the zinc sulfate. If I only apply that quantity there is any possible harm to the body in some way? I mean, It doesn't feel nearly as bad as it felt when using the B6 but I'm just asking in case this is somehow safe to use for a long period of time, as I will use it till something new arrives, which can be this year or in 5 years

Hey, glad to hear you're responding well. I've taken zinc internally for years and have been applying zinc for more than a decade. I would say you don't have anything to worry about, especially since the dose is around the same as using head and shoulders daily.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks brother, I hope you see a reduction in shedding. I suspect you can expect to see improvement in shedding in the next 3-4 weeks.

At the moment, do you know how many hairs you shed in the shower?
Afraid to check usually, I'll be rubbing in my nizoral and have like 10-20 hairs on my hands every time I check, I'm guessing a good 200-300 hairs in the shower,

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Afraid to check usually, I'll be rubbing in my nizoral and have like 10-20 hairs on my hands every time I check, I'm guessing a good 200-300 hairs in the shower,

sh*t! As I've mentioned I shed more on nizoral, a lot more. Would you consider using head and shoulders instead for a few weeks while you assess the zinc alone?

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
sh*t! As I've mentioned I shed more on nizoral, a lot more. Would you consider using head and shoulders instead for a few weeks while you assess the zinc alone?
Can you link me the one you use?, I don't think the shedding is due to the nizoral though, I used to shed about the same or more on other shampoos too.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I upped my zinc to 5x capsules. And I've been suspecting my hair has been shedding increasingly. Well today I think I had 40 hairs in the shower after 2 days of not showering. It's only been about a week, but I've dumped my solution and scaled it back to 3.5 capsules. I think it may be too much, or maybe waiting between showers is adding my dht causing sébum. It's not conclusive yet, but I figure I'll go back to my usual mix that seemed to yield better results.

I'm still going to try to shower less, because my hair is getting very dry and staticky and takes less than a day to get super greasy. Maybe it's this that's causing the shedding (I doubt it though) but hopefully all will return to normal asap.

Last edited:

AimBotQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey worm, i just signed up after reading your story im 23 YO i dont know english very well but i hope you can help me here..
ive been losing my hair for maybe 7 years but past 2 years its so rediciolous my hair line is bad now
i never tried the chemicals treatment and i dont want to, can you explain to me what is your treatment i didnt understand it what is zix and is your treatment orally or on scalp, also i have no itching but i have exess sebum on my scalp also can you give me a reciepe with no alcohol thank you, im so depressed with my hairloss i really wish this works! i can post my hair pics if u want

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey worm, i just signed up after reading your story im 23 YO i dont know english very well but i hope you can help me here..
ive been losing my hair for maybe 7 years but past 2 years its so rediciolous my hair line is bad now
i never tried the chemicals treatment and i dont want to, can you explain to me what is your treatment i didnt understand it what is zix and is your treatment orally or on scalp, also i have no itching but i have exess sebum on my scalp also can you give me a reciepe with no alcohol thank you, im so depressed with my hairloss i really wish this works! i can post my hair pics if u want

Sure go ahead, post pics. I would try a straight up zinc solution. 3 capsules of zinc sulphate emptied into 60 mls of distilled water. You obviously need a suitably sized container.

I use plus pharma zinc, I find it a good brand. You apply 2mls per application on your scalp with an eye dropper. That's it.

AimBotQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is my worst side the left,
why do you call it zix when its zinc dilluted in water also you saied 2mls with an eye dropper so i put it on my recieding hair line or all over the scalp, do i leave it for the day? so whenever i shower i brush my hair then apply it?

also does zinc block dht "stop hairloss, or does it help regrow hair back, if it blocks dht what would regrow my hair
i will be waiting 2 weeks for the zinc to arrive..... i will feed you back about what happens to me when i try and with pictures

Attachments

• 15150789689332109017697.jpg
    15150789689332109017697.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 283
  • Screenshot_20180104-183351.png
    Screenshot_20180104-183351.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is my worst side the left,
why do you call it zix when its zinc dilluted in water also you saied 2mls with an eye dropper so i put it on my recieding hair line or all over the scalp, do i leave it for the day? so whenever i shower i brush my hair then apply it?

also does zinc block dht "stop hairloss, or does it help regrow hair back, if it blocks dht what would regrow my hair
i will be waiting 2 weeks for the zinc to arrive..... i will feed you back about what happens to me when i try and with pictures

Well zix without b6 is simply topical zinc. I've basically taken the ix out of z-ix. I dually take my shower, let me my hair dry, then apply all over my balding area including the area where hair us d to grow on my hairline.

I cant say for sure why it works for me, or whether it blocks dht. There was a study linking zinc and b6 to a reduction in dht, but that was only by combining both. That said I find I've been having better success with zinc alone the past month and a half. So again, I don't know what mechanism it is. That said it could simply be due to a reduction of inflammation, making my scalp healthier and therefore better equipped to grow and not necessarily lose more hair..

Im no expert, except being able to tell others what is working for me.

AimBotQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
and you just keep the solution without any oil for the day i hope it also works for me i will keep you updated with the results,

can i use saw palmetto and biotin internally

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
and you just keep the solution without any oil for the day i hope it also works for me i will keep you updated with the results,

can i use saw palmetto and biotin internally

I would hold off until you can see what works for you. So one treatment at a time. Then a couple months later introduce the next.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm seems like I'm getting sides from the Zinc, would it be a simple solution to just take copper tablets since I guess my body has too much Zinc now?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm seems like I'm getting sides from the Zinc, would it be a simple solution to just take copper tablets since I guess my body has too much Zinc now?

Sure, take 2mgs a day. Admittedly you're rubbing 1/10th of what people take internally daily. And I doubt much of it gets absorbed systemically. So Im a little puzzled as to how you're getting sides.

It takes months of using 150mgs daily, which is a lot, to have too much zinc. Could there be any chance you're son worried about sides, that you're experiencing them?

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure, take 2mgs a day. Admittedly you're rubbing 1/10th of what people take internally daily. And I doubt much of it gets absorbed systemically. So Im a little puzzled as to how you're getting sides.

It takes months of using 150mgs daily, which is a lot, to have too much zinc. Could there be any chance you're son worried about sides, that you're experiencing them?
No I was extremely excited yesterday about this especially since there was no sides, and today I'm feeling extremely fatigued like I did on Darolutamide, maybe itll go away tomorrow, by the way i was using 6 capsules of Zinc. Not sure how they're giving me the same sides as an antiandrogen.

AimBotQ

My Regimen
Reaction score
can you post your hair worm i wanna see how slow wad the balding sinc now that ur 39

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I was extremely excited yesterday about this especially since there was no sides, and today I'm feeling extremely fatigued like I did on Darolutamide, maybe itll go away tomorrow, by the way i was using 6 capsules of Zinc. Not sure how they're giving me the same sides as an antiandrogen.

6 zinc in 2oz/60mls of distilled water?

I just scaled back from 5 because I think that was too concentrated. I've been shedding much more the past week, so I scrapped my solution. Try 3 zinc, you're best to ease into this.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
can you post your hair worm i wanna see how slow wad the balding sinc now that ur 39

Ah, 39.... No longer. I'm 40 now. I tend to see pictures around my place of me and my dad 13 years ago when I was young and my dad was still alive. Can't believe how fast time goes. Funny how age creeps up on you and buttfucks you with getting older. Needless to say, life is good, I have my own family now and lots to be happy about.

Anyhow, rant aside, I'll post some pics when I next wash my hair. Still looks pretty similar. :)