My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup I've been using it for about 1.5 month now I think? Tbh not really a fan of putting it on in the morning since I don't like putting topicals in my hair in the morning but I figured I don't want it to react negatively with the minoxidil

Well @kashmoney that's great foresight applying it before quitting finasteride. I wish I had known about zix when I stopped.

It seems like you're holding strong so far, keep it up and let us know how you progress.

Cheers.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW I have someone else who has been pm'ing me and says his shedding has decreased significantly as well. the earlier you start the better.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well @kashmoney that's great foresight applying it before quitting finasteride. I wish I had known about zix when I stopped.

It seems like you're holding strong so far, keep it up and let us know how you progress.

Cheers.

Yup we'll see how it goes. I'll be happy if it and min can just maintain my hair in the state its in until some new treatment hopefully comes out soon

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah I looked at it a while back. I havent read the full thread to be honest as it doesnt seem to available to the public, and if it is, im sure it's expensive. That said, there are definitely some impressive results with some patients, there is no disputing that.

My impression, especially given the zinc and sodium bicarb, is that this works in a similar way to zix or cetirizine for that matter. I believe the mechanism is anti inflammation achieved by lowering acidity, which is what the paleo diet advocates. So zinc and sodium bicarb are above 7 ph and I think that's what reduces acidity and therefore inflammation. Im not sure how cetirizine works, but I do believe it reduces inflammation (which is why it works for allergic reactions).

Dr William Davis discusses in wheat belly, and some others argue that inflammation is the main cause for disease. That goes from heart disease to cancer. That's why statin drugs are effective because they reduce inflammation. He blames the pacreas being shocked by high carb diest which spikes insulin and cause a yo-yo effect - but the mechanism is the same. Reduce inflammation and things works better.

So reduce scalp inflammation and hair grows better. I think zix achieves this, as could other topicals.

Personally my next experiment is with cetirizine applied 12 hours apart from zix. I'll probably start that in a couple weeks. Otherwise, I could be tempted to add sodium bicarb to zix, but I'm also tempted to try drinking it....

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/04/180425093745.htm

It's just my theory, im no scientist, and cannot say anything with certainty, as I it's not my profession.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm going to try to get dutasteride next week. I got extreamly lazy, didnt dermarolle and apply cet as often as I should and now my hairloss is diffuse as f*** ( I think the season of the year matters * summer * ) and my overall skin is becomming oily as f***. I think this is due to me not doing exercise ( I CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I WORKED OUT) and so, all the fat must be stored somewhere.
In any regard, I'm hopping i will get a less oily skin and hair results.
(Sorry to not talk about the ZIX subject, i know thats the main theme here and i dont want to sidetrack from it but this is a little thread group and in the end, winning the war is what matters, not the weapon that is used)

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm going to try to get dutasteride next week. I got extreamly lazy, didnt dermarolle and apply cet as often as I should and now my hairloss is diffuse as f*** ( I think the season of the year matters * summer * ) and my overall skin is becomming oily as f***. I think this is due to me not doing exercise ( I CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I WORKED OUT) and so, all the fat must be stored somewhere.
In any regard, I'm hopping i will get a less oily skin and hair results.
(Sorry to not talk about the ZIX subject, i know thats the main theme here and i dont want to sidetrack from it but this is a little thread group and in the end, winning the war is what matters, not the weapon that is used)

looooool your f*****g hilarious man, talking about dutasteride again in worms thread!

so random man

do you just wana talk to someone :p

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looooool your f*****g hilarious man, talking about dutasteride again in worms thread!

so random man

do you just wana talk to someone :p

I never talk to anyone that I know in person about my hairloss because they don't know anything about it and I don't want people to know how psychologically destroying it is... and common man, It's not like I'm spamming this threat. I will too try ZIX in the future

gwall

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to probably ask a question thats been asked a bunch of times, but looking through the thread theres been a lot of conflicting info on what mix to use (zinc alone or + b6)

I also just wanted to know where you guys buy it from, like is it available on amazon? Everything you need. Just providing some link where you order your stuff from would be a great help

If I can get on this I'll probably quit Nizoral and see what it does, I don't think Nizoral alone has done much for me. I've been slowly losing my hair for about 7 years now starting at 18, and I'm 24 now. I still got a pretty good amount but I wish I had been preemptive about treatment earlier lol. Oh well better late than never.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to probably ask a question thats been asked a bunch of times, but looking through the thread theres been a lot of conflicting info on what mix to use (zinc alone or + b6)

I also just wanted to know where you guys buy it from, like is it available on amazon? Everything you need. Just providing some link where you order your stuff from would be a great help

If I can get on this I'll probably quit Nizoral and see what it does, I don't think Nizoral alone has done much for me. I've been slowly losing my hair for about 7 years now starting at 18, and I'm 24 now. I still got a pretty good amount but I wish I had been preemptive about treatment earlier lol. Oh well better late than never.

you are lucky to be in the states, there u have the zinc ... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...acat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=zinc+ph
I have to pay 2.5€ of shipping to europe for that.
https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-Activated-Metabolism-Carbohydrates/dp/B001WUTBBQ
That's the recomendation of worm himself but idk if it would still stand in the sense of quantity (does it have to be 150mg?)

idk in what page is the current formula of worm but it doesnt matter. You should go to the first page and you can see the main ingreedients. The dosages arent necessarelly the correct ones because there isnt a correct dosage by itself, only there is the reports of what worked best for the people that tried it, so the general advise is to start there and make your adjustments with time...

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
The formula that has the best track record is 3x capsules of zinc sulphate (220 mgs) and 3x tabs of 50 mgs of p-5-p in 4 oz of distilled water.

gwall

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are lucky to be in the states, there u have the zinc ... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...acat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=zinc+ph
I have to pay 2.5€ of shipping to europe for that.
https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-Activated-Metabolism-Carbohydrates/dp/B001WUTBBQ
That's the recomendation of worm himself but idk if it would still stand in the sense of quantity (does it have to be 150mg?)

idk in what page is the current formula of worm but it doesnt matter. You should go to the first page and you can see the main ingreedients. The dosages arent necessarelly the correct ones because there isnt a correct dosage by itself, only there is the reports of what worked best for the people that tried it, so the general advise is to start there and make your adjustments with time...

damn the b6 is kinda expensive but w.e this will probably last me for awhile

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
damn the b6 is kinda expensive but w.e this will probably last me for awhile
thats 180 pills... I think there are bottles with half of that and half the price (still same price per pill)

Buzz Baldrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm

I switched from isopropylalcohol to vodka (37,5) and have noticed that the color of zix has gone from light yellow to white.

The vodka solution does not stain my scalp as badly (when using it after minoxidil) as the isopropylalcohol version did.

You think this is a good sign?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on Zix since January (6 months), no regrowth but don't think I have lost any ground either, the thin areas are still thin (and not thinner - touch wood). I remember in the past these thin hairs would disappear on other treatments after a few weeks of initial thinning.

Zix (x 3 capsules) alone with alcohol.

The last time I had a haircut, 3 weeks ago, hair looked less thinner to the point hairdresser remarked that I had a good set of hair, so I can only deduce that I shedded as part of treatment at around the 4th month.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm

I switched from isopropylalcohol to vodka (37,5) and have noticed that the color of zix has gone from light yellow to white.

The vodka solution does not stain my scalp as badly (when using it after minoxidil) as the isopropylalcohol version did.

You think this is a good sign?

Im not sure. Mine is yellow, but see how it goes. I would look into everclear, people say that is the best alcohol to use if you're not using ethyl alcohol 70%.

Buzz Baldrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Must have been a weird ration or something because the latest batch stain as good as usual (especially when applied on minoxidil after a couple of hours).

Tesla3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I’m new here and trying to catch up :).

Here’s what I plan to order. Can someone please confirm what’s listed below are the right items? I can’t post links but all of these are from Amazon. Thank you.

PlusPharma Zinc Sulfate 220mg Capsules

Pure Encapsulations - P5P 50 - Activated Vitamin B6 to Support Metabolism of Carbohydrates, Fats, and Proteins* - 60 Capsules

Walgreens Ethyl Rubbing Alcohol 70% First Aid Antiseptic, 16 fl oz