My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Buzz Baldrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone from Canada have any advice as to where to get 70% ethyl alcohol from? Found suppliers for the zinc and p5p b6 fairly easily on ebay but all the ethyl alcohol suppliers seem sketchy/non-existant for Canadians.

Thanks!

I had great success using iso-propylalcohol with my RU58841 back in the day, so I am currently going that route with zix also. My concentration is about 30 % iso-propylalcohol. Started yesterday....

BlueHorseshoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had great success using iso-propylalcohol with my RU58841 back in the day, so I am currently going that route with zix also. My concentration is about 30 % iso-propylalcohol. Started yesterday....

I found some ethyl alcohol on eBay, if it looks fishy when I get it I’ll just go ahead without alcohol but I am excited to try zix out once everything ships. I have pretty minor hair loss at this point in my life so just hoping for maintenance. Currently shed between 20-40 hairs in the shower depending on how often I wash my hair but I thought that was normal. Anyways I’ll provide updates once I get started. Thanks again @worm

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I mixed a batch the other day without ethyl alcohol. I find I'm losing more hair the past few days, so I just added some to my mix.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I mixed a batch the other day without ethyl alcohol. I find I'm losing more hair the past few days, so I just added some to my mix.

I felt like Zix was doing nothing without the alcohol, at least with alcohol my hair looks thicker.

sakis777

My Regimen
Reaction score
just arrived zinc sulfate 220mg from the US and today will come and vitamin b 6 p5p , now for the distilled water can i use that from supermarket?

Last edited:

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey worm,I want to ask two questions,kindly reply me please-
1)Is zix used for maintaining or halting hair loss even if someone do not use finasteride?? (NOT ASKING FOR ANY REGROWTH BUT ONLY KEEPING THE REMAINING HAIRS)
2)And if the answer to my first question is YES,then please kindly tell me how can zix helps in reducing dht in the body??

Buzz Baldrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember that there was a great zix scare back in the day. Kind of makes one wonder if it was shills from the pharmaceutical industry trying to quell the "rebellion" :)
Started zix one week ago, triple strength of course (decided to follow worms dosage).

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
just arrived zinc sulfate 220mg from the US and today will come and vitamin b 6 p5p , now for the distilled water can i use that from supermarket?

Pharmacy is a better bet. If u cant find any ask the pharmacist, or try another pharmacy.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey worm,I want to ask two questions,kindly reply me please-
1)Is zix used for maintaining or halting hair loss even if someone do not use finasteride?? (NOT ASKING FOR ANY REGROWTH BUT ONLY KEEPING THE REMAINING HAIRS)
2)And if the answer to my first question is YES,then please kindly tell me how can zix helps in reducing dht in the body??

Yes, that's the only thing I use.

I dont know how or if it even reduces dht, according to a study it does though.

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, that's the only thing I use.

I dont know how or if it even reduces dht, according to a study it does though.
Thanks you very much worm<3
I am now going to start using your formula of zix:D

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone online said that b6 p5p and zinc combined made progesterone which reminded me of this thread... don't know if it's true but found it very bizarre they said that

Buzz Baldrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on super zix now for about two weeks. Instead of ethyl alcohol I am using isopropylalcohol (it's impossible to buy 70 % ethanol where I live so...) hoping it will work just as good. Nothing to report yet. Will keep hair trimmed down to exactly the same length (6mm every two weeks) and take pictures. If anything extraordinary happens to the hair I'll let you all know.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on super zix now for about two weeks. Instead of ethyl alcohol I am using isopropylalcohol (it's impossible to buy 70 % ethanol where I live so...) hoping it will work just as good. Nothing to report yet. Will keep hair trimmed down to exactly the same length (6mm every two weeks) and take pictures. If anything extraordinary happens to the hair I'll let you all know.

It's better to use simply distilled water than isopropyl, ive heard first hand it doesn't work. Or try everclear alcohol, just not isopropyl.

Buzz Baldrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Strange. I had great results using it with RU a couple of years ago. Do you think vodka would work? Also, did the person telling you this switch to ethyl alcohol, and did it yield a better result?

Freedome

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Freedome how goes for progress with zix?

Still doing well on the same formula. No real noticeable regrowth but I'm a diffuse thinner so I'll have to give it a little more time.

Hair fall increased when I stopped using Nizoral for 3 weeks. Back on using it 1-2 times a week and everything's good again lol.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been off finasteride for 2 weeks now and hoping zix and min can maintain what I have. Honestly feel so much better being off finasteride. In just two weeks all of my sides have practically gone away. Just hoping that zix can hold onto my hair like finasteride did. Haven't seen any increase in shedding since dropping finasteride so thats good but then again its only been 2 weeks and I've never been a huge shedder. Will take pictures of my hair in 3 months and see if theres any loss of gains

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been off finasteride for 2 weeks now and hoping zix and min can maintain what I have. Honestly feel so much better being off finasteride. In just two weeks all of my sides have practically gone away. Just hoping that zix can hold onto my hair like finasteride did. Haven't seen any increase in shedding since dropping finasteride so thats good but then again its only been 2 weeks and I've never been a huge shedder. Will take pictures of my hair in 3 months and see if theres any loss of gains

Are you on zix already?

Also, one week off finasteride after 7.5 years on, made me realize how awful it was making me feel. never looked back.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still doing well on the same formula. No real noticeable regrowth but I'm a diffuse thinner so I'll have to give it a little more time.

Hair fall increased when I stopped using Nizoral for 3 weeks. Back on using it 1-2 times a week and everything's good again lol.

Well I'd say it's about maintenance. If you're experiencing less shedding that means it's working. You might not see any significant regrowth, but that doesn't mean it isn't making a huge difference .

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you on zix already?

Also, one week off finasteride after 7.5 years on, made me realize how awful it was making me feel. never looked back.

Yup I've been using it for about 1.5 month now I think? Tbh not really a fan of putting it on in the morning since I don't like putting topicals in my hair in the morning but I figured I don't want it to react negatively with the minoxidil