My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found it incredibly difficult to filter out the filler in cetirizine tablets. Please share if you find a good way of doing this.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found it incredibly difficult to filter out the filler in cetirizine tablets. Please share if you find a good way of doing this.

Someone recommended using a cotton swab and pouring the mixture through.

BTW - I have an interview today, and was just trimming my hair a bit. For the first time in a long time, I combed the sides up. I must say that I have thicker hair there now than 2 years ago, and I was noticing the back is super thick too a few days ago. It's really quite amazing. That said, I have receded somewhat in the past year, which is what has me a little bummed. By all accounts I have a lot of hair still, but my forehead is still growing.

I was just looking at it, and there are a ton of hairs sprouting on my hairline, I dont know if that's because of hairs regrowing due to my recent recession, or maybe they are coming back now that I've added b6 back to the mix. I suspect it's just recession at work, since on average I am losing some ground on that front.

On the whole though, Zix has been a life saver for me. Do bear in mind Im basically 41 and have staved off the majority of the process of male pattern baldness for the better part of 14 years.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, I will try that. I have tried a coffee filter and also waiting for the filler to set at the bottom. Are you planning on adding it to the ZIx or applying seperatly?

I have been using your Zix ratio for a few weeks with just distilled water and my scalp certainly feels healthier. Good luck with the interview!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, I will try that. I have tried a coffee filter and also waiting for the filler to set at the bottom. Are you planning on adding it to the ZIx or applying seperatly?

I have been using your Zix ratio for a few weeks with just distilled water and my scalp certainly feels healthier. Good luck with the interview!

Thanks and good to hear. What I plan on doing is applying zix in the morning and cetirizine at night, seperate and independently of one another.

MeInMyOwnWords

My Regimen
Reaction score
It feels like we do more research on hair loss than actual scientists :p

Edit: with regard to the study on cetirizine (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28604133):

RESULTS:
We found that the main effect of cetirizine was an increase in total hair density, terminal hair density and diameter variation from T0 to T1, while the vellus hair density shows an evident decrease. The use of a molecule as cetirizine, with no notable side effects, makes possible a good compliance by patients.

Is this good or bad? Does the "evident decrease" in vellus hair density mean that these follicles are prepping to sprout terminal hairs? I apologize for my lack of understanding, and also that this isn't zix related -- I just wanted some clarification.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
It feels like we do more research on hair loss than actual scientists :p

Edit: with regard to the study on cetirizine (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28604133):

RESULTS:
We found that the main effect of cetirizine was an increase in total hair density, terminal hair density and diameter variation from T0 to T1, while the vellus hair density shows an evident decrease. The use of a molecule as cetirizine, with no notable side effects, makes possible a good compliance by patients.

Is this good or bad? Does the "evident decrease" in vellus hair density mean that these follicles are prepping to sprout terminal hairs? I apologize for my lack of understanding, and also that this isn't zix related -- I just wanted some clarification.

Totally agree, I take it that vellus turned into terminal though.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I think my experiment with zinc alone has made me lose some ground. Im back on zix with b6 and think it's working better. While I have been happy with zix for 14 or so years now, I do feel like I need a boost at this point.

My first experiment will be with ceterizine. I ordered some online and it should be coming shortly. Im curious to see how it works.

My next will then be minoxidil.

@JWM2 is your friend still happily using both zix and minoxidil?

Yep, just asked him. He uses Zix once a day, and Rogaine Foam (generic) twice a day.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, just asked him. He uses Zix once a day, and Rogaine Foam (generic) twice a day.

I think he's been on zix as long as I have. Has he lost any ground over the past decade?

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. His hair was never too bad. Just some diffuse thinning in front. He's still got it though, so that says something.

sakis777

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello guys,i want to give a try to Zinx because i have itchy and oily scalp the problem is that i live in Germany and i cant find the zinc supplement where you use guys ,so i bought that from amazon.co.uk
HealthAid Zinc Sulphate 200mg - 90 Tablets
i hope it will work , i will try first the simple zix with zinc + b6 p5p and distilled water

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
you can find pluspharma zinc sulphate on ebay I believe, it's hard to say if these will work

sakis777

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello worm,
i hope it will work,worm i wanted to ask you if you ever tryed the head and solders spray with 0.1 % pyrithione zinc? maybe they will do the same work or no?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello worm,
i hope it will work,worm i wanted to ask you if you ever tryed the head and solders spray with 0.1 % pyrithione zinc? maybe they will do the same work or no?

Hi, no and thank you for mentioning it. While it may help, I really think you need B6 to make this work.

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know that's what I used when I first started zix and it worked wonders. So go with it if it works for you. You can always switch if you like but if it works then no keep to fix anything.

The thing is that is a real pain in the *** to grind does pills to fine powder. I have a pill crusher and i grind does pills A LOT but i never manage to get it 100% powder. The results are that the bigger parts are left in the bottom of the flask and when it comes out its awful in the hair and it looks like a got a really bad dandruff. Is Freedoms B6 in capsel form? I would love to not have to grind does pills...

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is that is a real pain in the *** to grind does pills to fine powder. I have a pill crusher and i grind does pills A LOT but i never manage to get it 100% powder. The results are that the bigger parts are left in the bottom of the flask and when it comes out its awful in the hair and it looks like a got a really bad dandruff. Is Freedoms B6 in capsel form? I would love to not have to grind does pills...

yes it's in capsules, and I think it's potentially more effective. Im using it myself now too.

I totally agree with what you're saying, but the sediment didnt bother because I thought it helped give a cosmetic thickening effect.

That said I think Freedome's b6 is better. It's called pure encapsulations p5p 50

In europe it seems crazy expensive -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Encapsulations-P5P50-Activated-Vcaps/dp/B003BI2M3Q

If you can find a high quality one, maybe try that.

BTW @Freedome any updates for us, how are things progressing?

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I think my experiment with zinc alone has made me lose some ground. Im back on zix with b6 and think it's working better. While I have been happy with zix for 14 or so years now, I do feel like I need a boost at this point.

@JWM2 is your friend still happily using both zix and minoxidil?

14 YEARS on zix? :confused: I tought this zix topical was a recent thing. Im now confused af. I mean, if you are using it for 14 years or so, then it must be doing something for you to keep it up... My question is, in those 14 years, did you stop it for a period of time (like 1 to 2 months) and noticed more hairloss, and that made you go back to it?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
14 YEARS on zix? :confused: I tought this zix topical was a recent thing. Im now confused af. I mean, if you are using it for 14 years or so, then it must be doing something for you to keep it up... My question is, in those 14 years, did you stop it for a period of time (like 1 to 2 months) and noticed more hairloss, and that made you go back to it?

Yes, when I stop for more than a few days the shedding and itchiness return pretty promptly

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, any update on your Cet test?

Not really except I just got the cet in the mail today - $15 for 100 tablets delivered to Canada, pretty good deal.

I am going through interviews these days, so I am reluctant to start for fear of sides or having any massive sheds. I'll probably wait a few weeks before I try it. Im hopeful, but who knows.

BlueHorseshoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone from Canada have any advice as to where to get 70% ethyl alcohol from? Found suppliers for the zinc and p5p b6 fairly easily on ebay but all the ethyl alcohol suppliers seem sketchy/non-existant for Canadians.

Thanks!