My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I’m new here and trying to catch up :).

Here’s what I plan to order. Can someone please confirm what’s listed below are the right items? I can’t post links but all of these are from Amazon. Thank you.

PlusPharma Zinc Sulfate 220mg Capsules

Pure Encapsulations - P5P 50 - Activated Vitamin B6 to Support Metabolism of Carbohydrates, Fats, and Proteins* - 60 Capsules

Walgreens Ethyl Rubbing Alcohol 70% First Aid Antiseptic, 16 fl oz

looks good to me. You just need some distilled water and a container to mix it in.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not sure. Mine is yellow, but see how it goes. I would look into everclear, people say that is the best alcohol to use if you're not using ethyl alcohol 70%.

How are you finding zix with B6? Better than with zinc alone?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you finding zix with B6? Better than with zinc alone?

yes, while I was potentially shedding less hair on zinc alone, I get the impression I lost some ground. Now that I have added b6 back, shedding remains stable, but I am under the impression my hair has more coverage and seems thicker.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, while I was potentially shedding less hair on zinc alone, I get the impression I lost some ground. Now that I have added b6 back, shedding remains stable, but I am under the impression my hair has more coverage and seems thicker.

Ordered some B6, so you haven't lost any ground?

The_Dragon

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm do you drink tea/coffee?

I am developing a theory that caffeine drinkers are accelerating their hairloss as it increases iron deficiency in the body, and may be why zix is helping some people more than others. I have noticed my hair has been getting worse since I've been consuming more coffee at work, and I've noticed every single person who drinks tea in my office room has at least some hairloss (not agressive but still). While the 2 who dont have perfect hair (1 guy is 60).

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Coukd just be complete coincidence but there is science behind it (lack of Iron and hairloss).

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I am developing a theory that caffeine drinkers are accelerating their hairloss as it increases iron deficiency in the body, and may be why zix is helping some people more than others. I have noticed my hair has been getting worse since I've been consuming more coffee at work, and I've noticed every single person who drinks tea in my office room has at least some hairloss (not agressive but still). While the 2 who dont have perfect hair (1 guy is 60).

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Coukd just be complete coincidence but there is science behind it (lack of Iron and hairloss).
Unlikely they use caffeine in a lot of hair loss shampoos!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

I find that an unlikely possibility, however someone one mentioned that he was taking dexadrine, a stimulant, and he was losing hair. Currently I was on decaf, and have now quit that too, because I have a very sensitive reaction to caffeine. But I know lots of people with lots of hair, who consume lots of coffee, so I dont think it has any effect. Furthermore, I believe it's hard to be iron deficient unless you're vegetarian. Ultimately I believe it's genetic, and is also in response to some kind of inflammation.

The_Dragon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I find that an unlikely possibility, however someone one mentioned that he was taking dexadrine, a stimulant, and he was losing hair. Currently I was on decaf, and have now quit that too, because I have a very sensitive reaction to caffeine. But I know lots of people with lots of hair, who consume lots of coffee, so I dont think it has any effect. Furthermore, I believe it's hard to be iron deficient unless you're vegetarian. Ultimately I believe it's genetic, and is also in response to some kind of inflammation.

I also believe it is genetic, but I think there are factors which increase rate of loss. I will give my theory a go, I don't like being dependent on coffee anyway, and I will report back on my results in a few months.

Tesla3

My Regimen
Reaction score
A few more questions.
1. Is it ok to use Nizeral with zix?
2. How much zinc and b6 should be added? I see the amounts on first page but don’t know if recommendations have changed.
3. Do I need a pill crusher or will they dissolve?

Thanks

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
A few more questions.
1. Is it ok to use Nizeral with zix?
2. How much zinc and b6 should be added? I see the amounts on first page but don’t know if recommendations have changed.
3. Do I need a pill crusher or will they dissolve?

Thanks

1 - no, I do not recommend mixing the two. I and a couple other users experience shedding using both.

2- 150 mgs of each

3 - with capsules no, and I don't use one. it may help though.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even tho external factors do influence your hairloss rate, I say it's better to hit hard on the genetic liability factors. The way I see it is that instead of worrying and changing many different things in your lifestyle in order to see a minimal slow down on ur hair loss, one should go for the killers (DHT, PGD2). Unless you are actually prone into change not just for only your hair but your overall health. I'm just saying, when you put caffeine into question if that's the thing accelerating hairloss because you "noticed a pattern", you will go nuts into what else could possible be damaging your hair.

Tesla3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm you are awesome. I just bought some head and shoulders and it works well for me. My scalp has been itching like crazy and it’s much better now. Nizoral was also making my hair dry like hay. Had to use emu oil and conditioner to overcome. Tomorrow I’m starting on zix. Thanks again.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok just tried zix with B6, hair feels thicker - must be cosmetic affect of the application of it.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm you are awesome. I just bought some head and shoulders and it works well for me. My scalp has been itching like crazy and it’s much better now. Nizoral was also making my hair dry like hay. Had to use emu oil and conditioner to overcome. Tomorrow I’m starting on zix. Thanks again.

I do not recommend u use nizoral if you're using zix. Good luck