My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

gwall

My Regimen
Reaction score
what are yall using for containers to store it? does it need to be kept refrigerated or does room temp suffice?

just got zinc, b6, distilled water, and 70% rubbing ethyl alcohol from walgreens so I'll start on this protocol soon and let y'all know what I think. I'm a light shedder, been shedding slowly since I was 18 (24 now) but still at like a Norwood 2-2.5 with decent density but finally seeing my hair getting a little sparser and my right temple has seen some damage. Hopefully this can bring my shedding from 20-30 hairs down to less than 10!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
what are yall using for containers to store it? does it need to be kept refrigerated or does room temp suffice?

just got zinc, b6, distilled water, and 70% rubbing ethyl alcohol from walgreens so I'll start on this protocol soon and let y'all know what I think. I'm a light shedder, been shedding slowly since I was 18 (24 now) but still at like a Norwood 2-2.5 with decent density but finally seeing my hair getting a little sparser and my right temple has seen some damage. Hopefully this can bring my shedding from 20-30 hairs down to less than 10!

I just use a 2oz plastic travel container, that you would use for shampoo or something. I do not refrigerate it.

gwall

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have it now, just trying to figure out how to best apply it because my hair is a little long. I'm currently just putting it on my fingers and trying to massage it in, not sure how effective that really is

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have it now, just trying to figure out how to best apply it because my hair is a little long. I'm currently just putting it on my fingers and trying to massage it in, not sure how effective that really is

Use a dropper

sofia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there, I would like to give it a try (big thank you to worm for sharing & helping) I have looked for the complete formula but I can't find it, could you share it again? How much of the water & alcohol? I will probably just use distilled water, the alcohol seems difficult to find, would that work? Also, I had a hard time finding zinc 220 mg in Europe, impossible to have it from the states, anyone know where to order within Europe? Thanks in advance

sofia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, will try with eBay. :)
If I use only the distilled water I have to leave it in the fridge, correct?

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But not isopropyl?
can be. Not exactly the easiest thing to find. I recon I can buy it in Leroy Merlin for 7€ 1L.
I think I once saw a guy say that "isopropyl alcohol is more irritative to the scalp than liquor grade ethanol"
*I think it was el_duterino* Then again, this stuff is found in almost everything shampoo out there for a reason

Buzz Baldrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sharing results is pointless. People more often than not will fail to reproduce positive results simply by doing it wrong. At best there will be an enormous hype around it for a while, only to later reach the "scare mongering" phase until the treatment is seen as potentially harmful instead. It actually happened to zix before... Maybe it's trolls from the industry bad mouthing potentially good treatments (read competition), who knows.

Last edited:

farisayeh

Reaction score
yes, while I was potentially shedding less hair on zinc alone, I get the impression I lost some ground. Now that I have added b6 back, shedding remains stable, but I am under the impression my hair has more coverage and seems thicker.

for now..how much zinc and b6 you use?