My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it means I should try with zinc + B6 + distilled water and then later on, zinc + B6 + distilled water + alcohol ?

Btw, it is quite hard to find ethanol 70 here, any alternatives ? many thanks

I think some have suggested using everclear - apparently it's a hard alcohol to drink, which I understand is ethanol.

not sure where you live, but have you tried ebay, amazon, alibaba?

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
You need B6, otherwise I dont think it will be nearly as effective. I do think it will reduce shedding a little, but it wont be as effective as zix.

Oh yeah it is a 200 ml bottles so I am thinking of adding and mixing B6 inside. Maybe I could also add the winc suphate like in the original zix. Would be like a super boosted zix with a vehicle alread containing zinc sulphate.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats exactly how it worked for me. Glad to hear its working well.

Yes, shedding has definitely decreased, I still shed, but hairs are not shedding so easily.

I am not sure if this is due to Zix, since I am not shedding much on days I skip it - might be the shampoo I am using (American Crew Anti hairloss shampoo) - that does have zinc in it. Zinc Ferment.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, shedding has definitely decreased, I still shed, but hairs are not shedding so easily.

I am not sure if this is due to Zix, since I am not shedding much on days I skip it - might be the shampoo I am using (American Crew Anti hairloss shampoo) - that does have zinc in it. Zinc Ferment.

How long did you need to use to notice reduce shedding ? And how many times did you use, twice a day ?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you need to use to notice reduce shedding ? And how many times did you use, twice a day ?

It took about a month after using B6 + Zinc that I noticed that shedding decreased. Previously was using zinc and distilled water only - don't think it worked.

Previously I kept finding hair everywhere throughout the day, on my laptop at work, home etc. When showering, I would also shed very easily, I remember washing my hair, where every time I ran my hands through it there was a strand of hair, now I am surprised to find very little hair on my hands during shampooing.

Again, not sure if adding the Shampoo has helped, might have done since I did not apply Zix yesterday and found very little hair on my hands when shampooing today, between 3-5

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
To share my experience so far. First few weeks of using it I didn’t notice much of a difference, I later found out that I didn’t put enough water so maybe it was because it was over concentrated. The next 3 batches I used seemed to help a noticeable amount with shedding. I never had much of an itch but I used to shed about 50ish hairs per shower. Now with Zix and H&S shampoo I only shed between 15 and 30 hairs per shower. I haven’t noticed any difference in visual appearance of my hair but the reduced shedding is encouraging. I by no means have aggressive hair loss yet but I have been slowly receding at the temples.

Just my guess but I feel like this may only provide relief for people experiencing non-aggressive hairloss. I just can’t see this fixing a person who is destined to be bald by 25. Again just a guess.

I like that I feel like I am at least doing something to combat my problem and I’m hoping this will slow my hair loss down considerably. Seems to be doing something so far, knock on wood.

Anyways a few notes, it can look like tiny specs of dandruff, especially at the end of the bottle when the solution has a lot of zinc/b6 in it. And I found using it w/ h&s was helpful. Also it stains your pillow yellow but honestly all the negatives are pretty negligible

Thanks @worm !!

I have had exactly the same experience, part of highlighted in bold is what I am hoping for too.

Wish I had tried Zix a lot sooner to be honest. Just had no idea about it until Worm created this thread.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any tips on using zix with rogaine?

None from me. Im tempted to try, heard good things. I just hear you should apply one in the morning and the other at night. Personally id do zix in mornjng and minix at night.

Btw minoxidil has a 22 hour half life, so 1x day is plenty.

Im thinking of trying cetirizine first. I have all the ingredients, just been too lazy to mix it.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
how did you mix and what concentration ?

Well I mixed 30 pills of cet in 30 mls of distilled water, no filetering. I applied it last night before bed. When it dried my hair felt silky smooth and seemed to style well. I felt my mouth was maybe a bit dry but otherwise all seemed ok.

I took a shower this morning, and upon rinsing my hair, it seemed like a lot was falling out (6 hairs in my hands), but added the drain catch it could have been more than 12-15 hairs total. So Id say no harm done so far. I'd really like to stop the slow recession and ideally recover a little. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but if I thicken things up I'll be really happy.

BTW - I forgot to mention, my sides and the back of my hair are super thick! It's been a few months, but the hair density and quality is thicker than it's been in years. Ive been more deliberate in applying to all areas of my head as opposed to the horsehoe area. I think the results are there. I still have lots of hair on top and zix has preserved it for the most part, but I wish I could improve the hairline and density a bit more.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I mixed 30 pills of cet in 30 mls of distilled water, no filetering. I applied it last night before bed. When it dried my hair felt silky smooth and seemed to style well. I felt my mouth was maybe a bit dry but otherwise all seemed ok.

I took a shower this morning, and upon rinsing my hair, it seemed like a lot was falling out (6 hairs in my hands), but added the drain catch it could have been more than 12-15 hairs total. So Id say no harm done so far. I'd really like to stop the slow recession and ideally recover a little. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but if I thicken things up I'll be really happy.

BTW - I forgot to mention, my sides and the back of my hair are super thick! It's been a few months, but the hair density and quality is thicker than it's been in years. Ive been more deliberate in applying to all areas of my head as opposed to the horsehoe area. I think the results are there. I still have lots of hair on top and zix has preserved it for the most part, but I wish I could improve the hairline and density a bit more.

I am jealous. Seems like zix is a godsend to you. Did you have dandruff and oily scalp ? If yes, did zix improve that ?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am jealous. Seems like zix is a godsend to you. Did you have dandruff and oily scalp ? If yes, did zix improve that ?

Yes absolutely, it was awful. I had bad seborrhea and these yellowish crusty growths on my scalp, which zix took care of. My hair is still oily af and need to wash it daily, but it's light years better.

Im really hoping the addition of Cet will send my hair loss protocol into hyperdrive - but that's hope (especially based on the cet reviews), not reality. I think I'll know more in the next week or two.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes absolutely, it was awful. I had bad seborrhea and these yellowish crusty growths on my scalp, which zix took care of. My hair is still oily af and need to wash it daily, but it's light years better.

Im really hoping the addition of Cet will send my hair loss protocol into hyperdrive - but that's hope (especially based on the cet reviews), not reality. I think I'll know more in the next week or two.

Thumbs up. Appreciate your reply and update dude :)

INT

Reaction score
None from me. Im tempted to try, heard good things. I just hear you should apply one in the morning and the other at night. Personally id do zix in mornjng and minix at night.

Btw minoxidil has a 22 hour half life, so 1x day is plenty.

Im thinking of trying cetirizine first. I have all the ingredients, just been too lazy to mix it.

Hi Worm!

Why did you pick cert over all the other options that 'could' potentially give your hair an extra boost?

I also tried to look into it for a while but the fact that it lowers PGE2 was the reason why I decided not to go down that path. (actually close to buying actual PGE2).

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @worm actually I live in India and it seems that vitamin b6 p5p is not avalaible here.So can I just use nomral vitamin b6 capsules??Or else it will cost me around 90-100$ to ship from US to India for 60 capsules:(

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @worm actually I live in India and it seems that vitamin b6 p5p is not avalaible here.So can I just use nomral vitamin b6 capsules??Or else it will cost me around 90-100$ to ship from US to India for 60 capsules:(

have you tried ebay, alibaba, amazon? one of them should have it. I think many vitamins are produced in India or China, I'd be surprised if you couldnt find a good source.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm!

Why did you pick cert over all the other options that 'could' potentially give your hair an extra boost?

I also tried to look into it for a while but the fact that it lowers PGE2 was the reason why I decided not to go down that path. (actually close to buying actual PGE2).

I dont know, I guess I saw that study about cet having good results. What doesn lowering pge2 mean exactly?

Also, Day 2 with cet, I shed more hair in the shower this morning (maybe an extra 10). I think it's too early to jump to any conculsions, it could be a number of reasons. Will keep you guys updated.

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
have you tried ebay, alibaba, amazon? one of them should have it. I think many vitamins are produced in India or China, I'd be surprised if you couldnt find a good source.
Actually I found it everywhere on the net.But after clearing customs and all it would cost me up atleast 50-70$:(
So I am actually confused lol