My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's absolutely the same. I don't have azelaic (actually I do but don't use it), but the rest seems similar. My formulation is probably stronger, but revivogen is what I thought the most similar. Needless to say, if you order the ingredients, you could keep it likely under $20-25, and those supplies will last you up to 1.5-2 years. So, that's about $2/month instead of $40.

I used Revivogen for a year. Maybe it helped, but it's very oily and not user friendly. Zix worked far better for me, and, of course, it's VERY user friendly.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used Revivogen for a year. Maybe it helped, but it's very oily and not user friendly. Zix worked far better for me, and, of course, it's VERY user friendly.

isnt one of the big selling points for revivogen are the fatty acids that are in it? you anything about this?

how long does it take it dry? is it similar to liquid min in terms of the oiliness and time to dry?

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
isnt one of the big selling points for revivogen are the fatty acids that are in it? you anything about this?

how long does it take it dry? is it similar to liquid min in terms of the oiliness and time to dry?

Yes, the fatty acids are the primary selling points. It is a good product, and probably good for maintenance, but it IS very oil. Best to use at night and wash it out in the morning if you choose to use it,

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, the fatty acids are the primary selling points. It is a good product, and probably good for maintenance, but it IS very oil. Best to use at night and wash it out in the morning if you choose to use it,

how long to dry?

i remember you from hlh. i think it was you that said what a weird drug finasteride was. are you still using it? what kind of sides do you get?

INT

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After reading tons or reviews and anecdotal experiences I decided to bite the bullet as well.

Zinc tablets: http://www.ebay.de/itm/182708402908 (correct right?)
B6: http://www.ebay.de/itm/122308117173 (correct right?)
Ethyl alcohol: two questions:
- Ethyl alcohol=ethanol?
- I have seen that many people do not even use Ethyl alcohol in their Zix, just distilled water. Don't you always need a vehicle in a topical?

Thanks a lot guys!

ecilotero10

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I've just received all the ingredients and I can start with zix. I got the same zinc and b6 that you have and also got the distilled water and ethyl alcohol.

I think I'll start the first 5-7 months using the original formula and depending on the result I'll add more zinc and ethyl alcohol, because if people already reported good results with the original formula I think it won't harm to try it and if it doesn't work good enough I just have to add the rest of the ingredients later.

Btw, I've just read in joe's website how to prepare it and I'm a bit confused because I only have one 2oz container. I don't have the bigger container that he mentions. I was planning to just introduce the ingredients in the 2oz container, shake it and let it rest for 1 day. In case you have explained here in the post how to prepare it properly, can you tell me in which page did you explain it? If not, can you make a "prepare zix 101" for complete newbies?

Thx in advance

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @ecilotero10 - Great to hear, I only have a 2oz container too, just use half the ingredients. break up the zinc in 2, so half a capsule, and use 75 mgs of b6 crused in a grinder. maybe for the first batch, omit the ethyl alcohol too. I would just mix it all in the water, it'll dissolve eventually. come back and update, and we can reassess the next batch and add ethyl alcohol or a bit more zinc....

Cheers and good luck!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long to dry?

i remember you from hlh. i think it was you that said what a weird drug finasteride was. are you still using it? what kind of sides do you get?

I have long hair, and it takes maybe 20-25 mins to dry when applied to dry hair.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have long hair, and it takes maybe 20-25 mins to dry when applied to dry hair.

lol cheers mate

but i was asking about the revivogen. people say its really oily. so i presume it takes a while to dry. its the reason i switched from liquid min to foam. too f*****g hours to dry

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW I started drinking 1tsp of acv daily. I suspect I have some scalp condition and hope it helps get rid of it.
lol cheers mate

but i was asking about the revivogen. people say its really oily. so i presume it takes a while to dry. its the reason i switched from liquid min to foam. too f*****g hours to dry

Oops, 2 hours, I have some sitting in my bag, untouched. Im trying everything but minoxidil, I just dont want to be stuck using it the rest of my life, but I am tempted by the gains I would get.

INT

Reaction score
Sorry, overlooked your message. Do not get that zinc, I tried it and it didn't work for me. Use these instead.

https://www.ebay.de/p/1601159271?iid=232371924406&trdt=0&rdtsrc=vi

I think that p5p, you linked will be just fine. I blv it's 50 mgs, so u only need 3 of them per batch.

U don't need ethanol to try, I suggest trying without, and if necessary, add it later.

Thanks a lot for you response! What do you think that makes the zinc you suggested better than the one I posted earlier? Which details am I missing:)?

wow-wow

Reaction score
Guys , anyone have a source to powder and not tablets?
Or could give me a link to rigjt directions how to make zix.
Does people see decrease of shedding?
Thank you

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys , anyone have a source to powder and not tablets?
Or could give me a link to rigjt directions how to make zix.
Does people see decrease of shedding?
Thank you

please read the thread, it's on page 1 with links

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for you response! What do you think that makes the zinc you suggested better than the one I posted earlier? Which details am I missing:)?

I tried that brand and started shedding, so I dont think it will work with the one you asked about.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suspect the acv may be helping, I just drink one tsp in a glass per day, been 2 weeks. Think my scalp may be healthier and shedding down a tick. Still monitoring.

ecilotero10

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm

I've just mixed my first batch and here's the result with its quantities:

https://imgur.com/a/69Ic2

The first pic is only with zinc added. The second one is the result.

The quantities may be a bit odd, but here they are:

1 x zinc capsule - 220mg because I just realized is the kind that you just open and the content is already like dust (don't know how to explain it but I din't have to crush it so to not leave half capsule with content I just add all the content ) I know, my explanations are far from good.

4 x b6 pills - 80mg It's close to what you recommended of 75mg and I think 5mg won't be that much of a difference (not sure).

aprox. 40ml distilled water. If the container is 2 oz - 60ml I just left like 1/3 of it empty.

After that I just shook it for like 5-10 minutes

I know that these quantities are not exactly what you said but for the next batch I'll get something to measure the water and the pills and I'll do it better.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm

I've just mixed my first batch and here's the result with its quantities:

https://imgur.com/a/69Ic2

The first pic is only with zinc added. The second one is the result.

The quantities may be a bit odd, but here they are:

1 x zinc capsule - 220mg because I just realized is the kind that you just open and the content is already like dust (don't know how to explain it but I din't have to crush it so to not leave half capsule with content I just add all the content ) I know, my explanations are far from good.

4 x b6 pills - 80mg It's close to what you recommended of 75mg and I think 5mg won't be that much of a difference (not sure).

aprox. 40ml distilled water. If the container is 2 oz - 60ml I just left like 1/3 of it empty.

After that I just shook it for like 5-10 minutes

I know that these quantities are not exactly what you said but for the next batch I'll get something to measure the water and the pills and I'll do it better.

Im jealous of your bottle. I like the proportions, but are you using ethyl alcohol? If not, you may fill it up to half, so you have 60 mls of distilled water, which is closer to the original zix formula?

Good luck!

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i used ZIX without the alcohol a week ago and i didn't itch half as much as i did when it did have it but there was still a slight itch.