My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

farisayeh

Reaction score
minoxidil works for me..after 2 months..my temples miniaturized hair become thicker...just use 1ml once per day...

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great to hear. How many months have you been using minoxidil, and what is your experience?
5 months... I didn't have the initial shed from minoxidil and I started to see vellus hairs in the 1 month and after 5 months my hairline still better shape....but give me itch and a little dandruff but I don't care :)

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you think you can take zinc supplements and use the ZIX or would that be to much zinc for your body to take?

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well i used Zix again after taking a break for a few weeks and i think my scalp might itch more after applying the Zix.

I didn't take much notice the first time since i thought the itch would be only in the areas i applied the Zix but all over seems to be a lil abit more itchy :/

Maybe its the alcohol but the itchy subsided after a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Kyle889

My Regimen
Reaction score
neddy - I believe that would probably be too much Zinc if you're sensitive to aromatase inhibitors like I am. Basically Zinc when ingested orally is a 'natural' estrogen blocker and causes your Test to increase which increases DHT and you know the rest. Unless you're taking finesteride everyday I wouldn't recommend it and even so you need to be careful. Although some people use it to decrease the side effects of finesteride, so everyone's different.

Kyle889

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also where do you gents purchase your ingredients? I'm having a hard time finding beta-sitosterol and a few others. Do you guys order from the qdbd website? It seems a little sketchy.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also where do you gents purchase your ingredients? I'm having a hard time finding beta-sitosterol and a few others. Do you guys order from the qdbd website? It seems a little sketchy.

I just mix the recipe I posted here. I dont find joe's formula works as well for me.

that said I have ordered it in the past, he is legit and you will receive your order as I did, and I live in Canada.

Well i used Zix again after taking a break for a few weeks and i think my scalp might itch more after applying the Zix.

I didn't take much notice the first time since i thought the itch would be only in the areas i applied the Zix but all over seems to be a lil abit more itchy :/

Maybe its the alcohol but the itchy subsided after a couple of hours.

If what @Kyle889 suggest is true, Ive been posting it the past couple weeks, after giving it some thought, I thinks it wisest to start with 1 zinc and slowly increasing from there.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I did, i made another batch but just used 1 zinc and used less acohol but i did notice yesteday i found myself scratching my head more then usual when i applied it

I am wondering what would do that? the zinc? the alcohol?

Am tempted to try it without the alcohol and see what happens.

Kyle889

My Regimen
Reaction score
Edit: My bad after reconsidering it kind of looks like I was advertising prp. Just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on it/knew anyone that did it and it worked for them ect. since I'm definitely considering it. Sorry if it's off topic.

Also @neddy2016 I know this was a few pages back but I'm pretty sure almost everyone who uses ketoconazole shampoo has slightly thinner looking hair after. You just need to apply a volumizing conditioner that is sulfate and paraban free after (basic guidelines but do whatever works for you) because the ketoconazole shampoo is for your scalp not your hair. (I use a 1% keto shampoo though as opposed to a 2% so maybe it is more mild)

Last edited:

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It seems like if Ketoconazole shampoo has that effect then its not very beneficial to neither scalp or hair :/

I am in abit of a rut these days trying to work out a system that is beneficial to me.

My current system is

Monday - Emu/Castor oil for at least 4 hours, Emu oil shampoo, laser comb before bed
Tuesday - nothing
Wedesday - Emu/Castor oil (4 hours), Emu oil shampoo, laser comb before bed
Thursday - Nothing
Friday - Derma Roller 0.5 - Emu/Castor oil (4 hours), Emu oil shampoo
Saturday - Emu/Castor oil (4 hours), charcoal shampoo and Apple Cider Vinegar rinse
Sunday - Nothing

I also take a natural DHT blocker, but for the most part my hair is still receding and all i have noticed is a decent amount of noticeable peach fuzz on the right temple but thats been there for quite a while now.

I thought about using Zix on the days i was doing nothing on but not totally sure how my scalp is reacting to it.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like if Ketoconazole shampoo has that effect then its not very beneficial to neither scalp or hair :/

I am in abit of a rut these days trying to work out a system that is beneficial to me.

My current system is

Monday - Emu/Castor oil for at least 4 hours, Emu oil shampoo, laser comb before bed
Tuesday - nothing
Wedesday - Emu/Castor oil (4 hours), Emu oil shampoo, laser comb before bed
Thursday - Nothing
Friday - Derma Roller 0.5 - Emu/Castor oil (4 hours), Emu oil shampoo
Saturday - Emu/Castor oil (4 hours), charcoal shampoo and Apple Cider Vinegar rinse
Sunday - Nothing

I also take a natural DHT blocker, but for the most part my hair is still receding and all i have noticed is a decent amount of noticeable peach fuzz on the right temple but thats been there for quite a while now.

I thought about using Zix on the days i was doing nothing on but not totally sure how my scalp is reacting to it.

I cant say how zix will work for you period, let alone how it will react in conjunction with everything else your using. I do know joe has all sorts of things in his super zix 2, so maybe you will see gains... Sorry I cant say with any certainty.

Kyle889

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well after consideration I'm definitely going to try zix in conjunction with Azelaic acid and minoxidil. I hardly ever use anything in the am because it always makes my hair look bad but if this won't affect it, it is definitely worth a shot. I'll keep you guys posted.

Just some info on my hair situation you guys really don't have to read through it, I know it's long:

Basically a Norwood 3 vertex now with a good amount of density loss over the last 5 months. I was using lipogaine before for over two years which worked really well for me (I was basically at a Norwood 2 with very unnoticable thinning at the vertex) but eventually I guess my scalp health dropped super low since there is literally a ton of alcohol in lipogaine. So my hair started to get extremely dry,brittle and stale after I used it. So much so that my hair started to fall out like crazy. This was around the same time I decided to increase my finesteride intake. I was only taking 1 mg per week only because I saw on a graph in a paper somewhere a long time ago that it takes your body about 7-10 days for your dht to get back to normal after use. So I figured it would only help and for awhile it did. Now my body responds terribly to finesteride. I have (hypergenicity?) some sort of opposite response to finesteride. The next day after I use it (I normally take it at night) I basically roid rage all day super irritable ect. My body basically fights back hard against the decrease in DHT which basically stresses my body out and I believe it was making my hair loss a lot worse. Thought about trying it daily at .25 mg since some people have had success with that but idk.

Anywayyyy so now after I put on the lipogaine my hair isn't as bad as it was before since I haven't been taking finesteride but it is still very dry. So basically part of my hope is that the zix will help heal my scalp enough so that putting on the lipogaine is more bareable. I haven't really found any other topical minoxidil that 'stops the itch' like lipogaine so if anyone has any other suggestions other than RU I would totally take you up on it. Probably going to try the azelaic acid and zix together for that. Also going to probably be using lipogaine until it runs out in conjunction with it but just wash it out about an hour after I apply it at night so hopefully it won't become detrimental to my hair.

To recap zix (with the Azelaic Acid as long as my hair doesn't look bad) in the morning and lipogaine wash out then zix and AZ acid at night. I really hope this works. I had made a PRP consult because I was at a loss of hope but maybe I'll give this a shot for a few months before I go wasting my money like that.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shoot me in the face if this has been asked before but have you ever heard/tried crushed finasteride into zix?

Just to give it a little boost

stupidkoko

Reaction score
I'm giving this a serious try now. I have ordered and received the Destilled water, B6 and Zinc Sulfate. Is the ethyl alcohol necessary? Because I see that you use it, however it is not mentioned on joe's site. Sorry if you already answered this question.

Also I see that your formula contains about 2x the b6 and 4x the zinc, anyhow different to joe's.

Should I use Joe's concentration or yours (with/without the ethyl alchol) to begin with?

Last edited:

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been 3 weeks or so since I've been using it on most days. No change. I still have the ingredients of course, so I suppose I will keep going.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shoot me in the face if this has been asked before but have you ever heard/tried crushed finasteride into zix?

Just to give it a little boost

No, but sounds like a good idea though. I had serious sides on finasteride, I wonder if this would limit them. Doesn't h&w use liposomes or something in their finasteride/minoxidil mix?

Kyle889

My Regimen
Reaction score
The ethyl alcohol (ethanol) acts to carry or penetrate the ingredients into your scalp. it's not necessary but would definitely help if your scalp/hair can handle the ethyl alcohol. You can try different variations of concentrations for this if it bothers you like it does me at times. Also I bought everclear (95% ethanol) to do this because apparently in the US store bought ethanol that is used to disinfect cuts contain poisons/toxins which make it almost impossible to drink without getting very sick. So I figured even though these concentrations are about 1% of the ingredients I don't want that sh*t getting systemic even if applied topically. (It honestly might be okay to use topically but I'm not entirely sure though and don't want to take the risk) The store bought ethanol with all the toxins in it is called denatured alcohol and the reason they do it is to get around the stupid 'sin tax' which is something like 14 dollars a gallon.

Edit: This is in the US and they had things like methanol, methyl isobutyl ketone, acetone, denatonium benzoate ect.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, but sounds like a good idea though. I had serious sides on finasteride, I wonder if this would limit them. Doesn't h&w use liposomes or something in their finasteride/minoxidil mix?

Your lord and saviour has the same idea, adding saw palmetto and others.... He obviously thinks zix isn't strong enough.

I would love to tweak it with other sh*t but the trouble is you never know what meds interact and f*** each other up