My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

ecilotero10

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im jealous of your bottle. I like the proportions, but are you using ethyl alcohol? If not, you may fill it up to half, so you have 60 mls of distilled water, which is closer to the original zix formula?

Good luck!

Right when I read your message I added distilled water to 60ml and shook it

I'm going to test it today after it rests a bit for like some hours till it arrives to a whole day of resting

Thanks for your answers,
worm

ecilotero10

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just applied it after shower and as everyone says, the scalp feels pretty great. It also has this cosmetic thickness property (not too much thickness but a bit more).

What bugs me is that after like 20 min after applying it, i feel a bit fatigued, and my head feels weird. It's not something to be scared of but I don't know if I'm imagining things or it has just affected me in some way. It's a sensation of discomfort like blood pressure has risen.

I've never tried finasteride but a few years ago I used minoxidil (not regularly, maybe 5 times a week). Maybe I was afraid of having sides and I'm thinking about it too much

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just applied it after shower and as everyone says, the scalp feels pretty great. It also has this cosmetic thickness property (not too much thickness but a bit more).

What bugs me is that after like 20 min after applying it, i feel a bit fatigued, and my head feels weird. It's not something to be scared of but I don't know if I'm imagining things or it has just affected me in some way. It's a sensation of discomfort like blood pressure has risen.

I've never tried finasteride but a few years ago I used minoxidil (not regularly, maybe 5 times a week). Maybe I was afraid of having sides and I'm thinking about it too much

well the good scalp sensation is a very common effect, the fatigue is a little surprising. Your taking the equivalent of 1 day supplement and rubbing it on your scalp at the equivalent of 1/30th a daily dose per application. Im not saying it's not impossible, maybe you're pretty sensitive just as i am to many meds. that said, Id wouldnt spend too much time thinking its causing sides.

ecilotero10

My Regimen
Reaction score
well the good scalp sensation is a very common effect, the fatigue is a little surprising. Your taking the equivalent of 1 day supplement and rubbing it on your scalp at the equivalent of 1/30th a daily dose per application. Im not saying it's not impossible, maybe you're pretty sensitive just as i am to many meds. that said, Id wouldnt spend too much time thinking its causing sides.

I know is pretty weird. It's like a water in my head sensation with the headache.
The only thing that comes to my mind is that I have used a bigger dose than recommended

Taking as an example this eyedropper, 1-2ml would be just this eyedropper filled to its full capacity two times? Because if that's the case I think I filled it more times and I may have used 3-4 ml

https://i.imgur.com/UV0oh3t.jpg

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know is pretty weird. It's like a water in my head sensation with the headache.
The only thing that comes to my mind is that I have used a bigger dose than recommended

Taking as an example this eyedropper, 1-2ml would be just this eyedropper filled to its full capacity two times? Because if that's the case I think I filled it more times and I may have used 3-4 ml

https://i.imgur.com/UV0oh3t.jpg

I personally get a massive headache and feel super out of it using nizoral (almost as bad/maybe worse than finasteride), which people who "know better" tell me that it's impossible, however with every attempt I use it, I feel simply awful. I find it unusual that you would experience sides since b6 and zinc are in the foods we eat, but maybe somehow rubbing a small dose on your head could cause this. You are the only one who knows how it feels, and so it's very possible.

You should take a couple days off, then try again, see if that's what it is. Are you using ethyl alcohol? Maybe drop that... Maybe it's an additive in one of the supplements.

ecilotero10

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally get a massive headache and feel super out of it using nizoral (almost as bad/maybe worse than finasteride), which people who "know better" tell me that it's impossible, however with every attempt I use it, I feel simply awful. I find it unusual that you would experience sides since b6 and zinc are in the foods we eat, but maybe somehow rubbing a small dose on your head could cause this. You are the only one who knows how it feels, and so it's very possible.

You should take a couple days off, then try again, see if that's what it is. Are you using ethyl alcohol? Maybe drop that... Maybe it's an additive in one of the supplements.

Thanks for your answers man, I appreciate you understand how it feels to think to have something some would find uncommon.

I think I'll do what you say, I'll stay off of it for a few days and after that I will try applying less quantity.

If that doesn't work I'll make another batch with less zinc (110mg maybe), because this first batch I used was without ethanol, just the distilled water and the zinc and b6

I really want to stick with zix to at least maintain till new things come

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I reduced my B6, I suspect it's not as effective as I had about 30 hairs in the drain this morning in less than a day without showering. I added the normal b6, makes me wonder if more b6 is better.

I like the ACV as well, Im under the impression it's improving my scalp health.

Nothing conclusive to say though, so will keep you updated.

farisayeh

Reaction score
So I reduced my B6, I suspect it's not as effective as I had about 30 hairs in the drain this morning in less than a day without showering. I added the normal b6, makes me wonder if more b6 is better.

I like the ACV as well, Im under the impression it's improving my scalp health.

Nothing conclusive to say though, so will keep you updated.

for now..how many zinc and b6 you used?

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm how do you apply it exactly? Do you just stick the sprayhead through and then massage it in with your hands pressing down on your hair? Or do you create parts to expose the scalp?

I feel when I do the former then most of the zix ends up in my hair...

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm how do you apply it exactly? Do you just stick the sprayhead through and then massage it in with your hands pressing down on your hair? Or do you create parts to expose the scalp?

I feel when I do the former then most of the zix ends up in my hair...

I take a dropper and apply it to my scalp like I would Rogaine, then I massage it in, trying to make sure I get coverage everywhere I'm thinning or could thin.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
usually..how much ml per application you use to cover all the thinning area of your hair?

About 2 mls, sometimes more.

That said I'm back up to using it 2x day, I apply 1 ml pre shower and usually 2/2.5 mls after my hair dries after a shower.

wanima

Reaction score
I've started zix today too. The only issue I have is that the ingredients dont dissolve properly and after applying Zix, I always have alot of white residue / powder left on my scalp. 400mg Zinc 150mg B6 20ml alcohol / 40 ml distilled water. Am I doing something wrong?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anybody other than worm got good results in this thread

Ive had a few on my pm's who report good results - most who have issues report it here

Here is one PM I got

Sorry for the delayed response, I have not been on this site in a while! I went to the dermatologist for a follow up back in August, and I would have considered finasteride if had suggested it. He ended up saying my hair looked about the same as it did in Feb so my current treatment must be working.

I also have had barely any shedding for months, but have not seen much in the way of regrowth (that I can notice anyway). I have only been on Zix since April and I honestly don't think I was mixing it correctly until June so I am optimistic about that going forward.

Unquote

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've started zix today too. The only issue I have is that the ingredients dont dissolve properly and after applying Zix, I always have alot of white residue / powder left on my scalp. 400mg Zinc 150mg B6 20ml alcohol / 40 ml distilled water. Am I doing something wrong?

no, that's standard, just brush it out like you would dry shampoo. That said I would only use 1-2 zincs to start. Also are you sure you're using zinc sulfate?

wanima

Reaction score
Thanks, I will just continue then. I used Zinc Gluconate as I thought it would be highly soluble... or is there another reason you use sulfate?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I will just continue then. I used Zinc Gluconate as I thought it would be highly soluble... or is there another reason you use sulfate?

Yes, because no other zinc works, and it may have a detrimental effect.

I posted all the links to the brands I use, and that I know work for me. I have tried different zinc sulfate brands over the years and not all are the same. Just dont want you to have a negative experience.

wanima

Reaction score
Well, I guess my last resort would be to go to the apothecary. Cant find sulfate on amazon or any nearby drugstore (germany). Does detrimental mean it is harmful or just that it might not work?