My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I guess my last resort would be to go to the apothecary. Cant find sulfate on amazon or any nearby drugstore (germany). Does detrimental mean it is harmful or just that it might not work?

Try Amazon in the uk or ebay, I've seen it there and linked it to a few people.

farisayeh

Reaction score
Looks fine to me, but i didnt see a price, is it available?
10usd for 3 bottles..but this tablet type so it has some fillers like talc,titanium dioxide,magnesium stearate,sodium starch glycolate and croscarmellose sodium...do you think all these will interfere zinc efficiency?

INT

Reaction score
What I find odd is that Joe says that you should not use Zix with minoxidil but then he only offers to buy Zix from his website in conjunction with Mino much which should be added to minoxidil...

INT

Reaction score
My super zix II package just came in the mail:).

Will buy the rest of the requirements this weekend and will keep you guys posted.

I am doing it together with a buddy of mine.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I find odd is that Joe says that you should not use Zix with minoxidil but then he only offers to buy Zix from his website in conjunction with Mino much which should be added to minoxidil...

no this is minomuck I believe, he excludes zinc. I dont know much about it though.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
My super zix II package just came in the mail:).

Will buy the rest of the requirements this weekend and will keep you guys posted.

I am doing it together with a buddy of mine.

Cool, personally I prefer straight up zix, but that's just me. Please update us on how it goes!

INT

Reaction score
Yes I am starting with just the classic zix but it is not possible anymore to order only those ingredients... Oh wel...

A few questions:

- Since I am currently living in Germany I am having some difficulty finding an alcohol that just says 'ethyl alcohol'. But if I understand correctly ethyl alcohol=ethanol (right?). I find this: https://www.hornbach.de/shop/Bioethanol-fuer-Ethanolkamin-1-Liter/7708349/artikel.html, which is bioethanol. Could I use this, it says it has 96,6% alcohol.

Thanks!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I am starting with just the classic zix but it is not possible anymore to order only those ingredients... Oh wel...

A few questions:

- Since I am currently living in Germany I am having some difficulty finding an alcohol that just says 'ethyl alcohol'. But if I understand correctly ethyl alcohol=ethanol (right?). I find this: https://www.hornbach.de/shop/Bioethanol-fuer-Ethanolkamin-1-Liter/7708349/artikel.html, which is bioethanol. Could I use this, it says it has 96,6% alcohol.

Thanks!

I would not use any alcohol if that is your choice. Zix still works alone, however the ethyl alcohol is thought to help preserve and assist penetrate the skin.

I found some on ebay in the uk however. I lived in Denmark for a few months, and was able to order from the UK without duties, I would think similar rules apply to germany, right?

If so, go for 70%

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ethyl-Alc...hash=item3f79cb62e3:m:m4TX3vNlcUuQDLVRZOjh_Aw

Reactions: INT

INT

Reaction score
I would not use any alcohol if that is your choice. Zix still works alone, however the ethyl alcohol is thought to help preserve and assist penetrate the skin.

I found some on ebay in the uk however. I lived in Denmark for a few months, and was able to order from the UK without duties, I would think similar rules apply to germany, right?

If so, go for 70%

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ethyl-Alc...hash=item3f79cb62e3:m:m4TX3vNlcUuQDLVRZOjh_Aw

Thanks for helping out man!

How can a topical work without a vehicle though?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for helping out man!

How can a topical work without a vehicle though?

Well I used it without at the beginning, not sure how without alcohol, but it worked right from the start for me.

INT

Reaction score
Well I used it without at the beginning, not sure how without alcohol, but it worked right from the start for me.

Interesting.... So some questions on your expierence:

1) Since when did you experience thickening/regrowth and till what degree?
2) How did it compare to finasteride
3) Any pics of your currect status and what would you be if you would never have treated anything (based on your family and initial loss?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting.... So some questions on your expierence:

1) Since when did you experience thickening/regrowth and till what degree?
2) How did it compare to finasteride
3) Any pics of your currect status and what would you be if you would never have treated anything (based on your family and initial loss?

I see you havent read the full thread, however I'll answer again.

1) the reduction in shedding happened within max the first 2 weeks. I thickened up, but had a good Norwood at the time, since then ive slowly been losing hair and receding over the past 13+ years.

2) I had more success for keeping my hair on finasteride for sure, but the sides, depression, tongue tied, no sex drive, feeling impotent, no muscle mass, feeling totally in a haze were soooo not worth it. so yeah this is amazing compared to finasteride!

3) My dad was full on nw7 and started was bald at the crown in his late 20's. I was shedding untold amounts of hair when I was not treating my hair loss, 150+ hairs daily. I posted a pics few throughout, but for ease, here are the links.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...have-saved-my-hair.101629/page-3#post-1412308

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ave-saved-my-hair.101629/page-22#post-1478261

Cheers.

INT

Reaction score
I have read the entire thing but it has been a while hehe:).

Could you maybe specify the 'thickened up' part a bit? Gained a norwoord? Just some extra density?

If you were destined to be a Norwood 7 then this result is extremely impressive. I am now a Norwood 2 at almost 27 but some frontal thinning since a year or 2. It is not very noticeable yet but I can just see that there is less volume in my forlock area and the quality of the hair is less. I would be very happy if I would still have the amount of hair you have at the age of 40. Especially in the second link it looks really good man!

Thank you so much for the help Worm! I will keep you posted.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read the entire thing but it has been a while hehe:).

Could you maybe specify the 'thickened up' part a bit? Gained a norwoord? Just some extra density?

If you were destined to be a Norwood 7 then this result is extremely impressive. I am now a Norwood 2 at almost 27 but some frontal thinning since a year or 2. It is not very noticeable yet but I can just see that there is less volume in my forlock area and the quality of the hair is less. I would be very happy if I would still have the amount of hair you have at the age of 40. Especially in the second link it looks really good man!

Thank you so much for the help Worm! I will keep you posted.

Well the way I think it thickened things us is it slower the number of hairs falling from my scalp, so instead ad of losing 150+ hairs a day in the shower I went to 10-15 or something. Over a few months that keeps a lot more hair per square inch. So, just more hair = denser, giving the appearance of regrowth. I believe it of course combats dht, and therefore minitiarization doesn't happen nearly as fast if at all.

I can't say for sure what i would be if I hadn't started zix, but I really think after 21 years of balding, I would be definitely bald had I not taken finasteride for 7 years, then zix after I quit.

Thanks for the compliments, I hope this works for you.

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a quick note from my side to share my experience with Zix so far. I've been using the classic formula with 400mg Zinc, 150mg B6 and 100 distilled water. I applied it by creating parts because otherwise too much ended up in my hair. I don't really have any visible or noticable scalp inflammation (or scalp itch). However, I'm losing loads of miniturised hairs and my male pattern baldness is progressing quickly.

After using the formula mentioned above for 2 weeks I've come to the conclusion that I helped to slow down shedding significantly. On the other hand, it considerably increased my heart rate, often giving me trouble sleeping after applying it before bed. I suspect that it is the B6 as too much of it is linked to heart palpitations. So my body is either super sensitive or my scalp just super absorbant (or both).

I'll try it with 200mg Zinc, 50mg B6 and 100ml distilled water now to see how my body reacts and slowly move up from there.

Apart from that I only use Regenepure DR + Conditioner every third day. If my body denies Zix or if it does not help I will start taking finasteride soon. But I'm a bit afraid that it must kill if I'm so sensitive to such harmless stuff...

INT

Reaction score
Just a quick note from my side to share my experience with Zix so far. I've been using the classic formula with 400mg Zinc, 150mg B6 and 100 distilled water. I applied it by creating parts because otherwise too much ended up in my hair. I don't really have any visible or noticable scalp inflammation (or scalp itch). However, I'm losing loads of miniturised hairs and my male pattern baldness is progressing quickly.

After using the formula mentioned above for 2 weeks I've come to the conclusion that I helped to slow down shedding significantly. On the other hand, it considerably increased my heart rate, often giving me trouble sleeping after applying it before bed. I suspect that it is the B6 as too much of it is linked to heart palpitations. So my body is either super sensitive or my scalp just super absorbant (or both).

I'll try it with 200mg Zinc, 50mg B6 and 100ml distilled water now to see how my body reacts and slowly move up from there.

Apart from that I only use Regenepure DR + Conditioner every third day. If my body denies Zix or if it does not help I will start taking finasteride soon. But I'm a bit afraid that it must kill if I'm so sensitive to such harmless stuff...

Hmm, maybe lower the amount of B6? How often you use it a day?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

How long have you been using regenepure? That's a ketokonazole shampoo right? If so, I must say that I do not react well to any keto shampoos and get similar symptoms, including feeling super out of it. It could be its the interaction of the two, now that you mention it. How often do you use the shampoo?

Could you try taking a week off regenepure and see how you feel?

Also, what kind of zinc are you using? Are you sure it's zinc sulfate? Can you post a picture of the label?

INT

Reaction score
Made my first mix. Looks surpisingly yellow at the moment. Went from sperm color to lemonade color:p.