My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

INT

Reaction score
Any thoughts on mixing caffeine into zix? (Also using minoxidil)

Evidence behind cafeine is extremely weak. In my country it us actually forbidden for Alpecin to market it as an anti hair loss shampoo because of the lack of evidence. I think the odds of it ruining your mixture are higher than the odds of it doing anything favorable.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, I was thinking about caffeine too, could make zix even better. (or maybe worse, don't know if you can mix them together)

@sonictemples You use caffeine too right? Do you have any studies regarding the effects of caffeine on hairloss? I saw one study some time ago but that was sponsored by Alpecin.

I believe I have posted some studies on caffeine up there. I think it blocks PGD2 via mast cells (just like cetirizine which has a study backing it up.) I have seen it work for people so I gave it a shot myself. I can tell that it decreased my shedding tremendously.

However, PGD2 blockers tend to decrease PGE2 as well and that can cause some issues with some people.So I would add castor oil with needling in my regimen as well.

When it comes to tannins in caffeine and the absorption of zinc, I think caffeine only limits the zinc absorption inside of the body. In this case, we are absorbing Zix via it’s ion self, therefore it should not interfere with the formula at all.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I use it 2-4% at most times, which should be thousand times more potent than Alpecin. I also put it in my shampoo.

The only side effect I got was eye twitching. Probably because it’s a very high concentration of caffeine. I don’t think it’s caused me anything else, I can sleep like a baby, however I am literally addicted to caffeine as well, so, maybe that’s why it doeab’t affect me at all, So I would watch out and do my research beforehand.

I trust the formulation to the point where I stopped topical finasteride, and, now using the Caffeine Zix formula.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I’ve been on zix 1 daily for about three months now. No change in shedding or itchiness. Might call it quits.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I’ve been on zix 1 daily for about three months now. No change in shedding or itchiness. Might call it quits.

If you haven't seen any results or reduction of itchiness in three months i'd say to start looking elsewhere to tackle your hair loss, giving it another month with dermarolling like pigeon said might be worth a shot, but i doubt it will help tbh. Have you tried finasteride before?

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you haven't seen any results or reduction of itchiness in three months i'd say to start looking elsewhere to tackle your hair loss, giving it another month with dermarolling like pigeon said might be worth a shot, but i doubt it will help tbh. Have you tried finasteride before?
I’ve been needling with varying frequencies for 1.5 years, and I can’t take finasteride due to gyno and sexual sides. Rogaine makes my chest tight as well. No sides on zix but no results either. I think I’m fucked. I might just get a transplant so I can at least get a few more years with a decent hairline before the rest starts going. Just so tired of getting side effects from drugs or no results.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been needling with varying frequencies for 1.5 years, and I can’t take finasteride due to gyno and sexual sides. Rogaine makes my chest tight as well. No sides on zix but no results either. I think I’m fucked. I might just get a transplant so I can at least get a few more years with a decent hairline before the rest starts going. Just so tired of getting side effects from drugs or no results.
You should just stick with zix for 6 months and see, there’s also ru58841 if you want to start that

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should just stick with zix for 6 months and see, there’s also ru58841 if you want to start that

I was interested in cb but not sure if it’s worth the effort. I dunno about zix. It doesn’t feel like it’s doing anything for me. Been fighting hair loss for 2.5 years now and starting to feel very discouraged and might give up on the drugs and go transplant or system. What a disease!

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel your pain brother, I truly do. Same

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's kind of a bummer that we are okay with anything other than death and infertility to keep the hair that we should have in the first place. It's not the end of the world though. It's cool that hair loss is the most major issue in someone's life, means that you have food to eat and you are healthy.

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alcohol has never bothered my skin so I made zix using 80-proof alcohol as the vehicle.

I applied it once and it literally stained my scalp and my sink bright yellow lol. Not sure if that’s because of the relatively high amount of ethanol in my mix.

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alcohol has never bothered my skin so I made zix using 80-proof alcohol as the vehicle.

I applied it once and it literally stained my scalp and my sink bright yellow lol. Not sure if that’s because of the relatively high amount of ethanol in my mix.
P5P tends to leave a yellow color. Mine didn't have it though.

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
P5P tends to leave a yellow color. Mine didn't have it though.

I used pure P5P. In powder form, it’s pale yellow. When mixed with vodka, it looks exactly like lemon-lime Gatorade.

Are you sure you’re using P5P? I think it’s supposed to be yellow as I described. The other form of B6 is Pyridoxine HCL, which is a white powder.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used pure P5P. In powder form, it’s pale yellow. When mixed with vodka, it looks exactly like lemon-lime Gatorade.

Are you sure you’re using P5P? I think it’s supposed to be yellow as I described. The other form of B6 is Pyridoxine HCL, which is a white powder.

The P5P I got was white, the company said that colorants are the reason why it’s yellow

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The P5P I got was white, the company said that colorants are the reason why it’s yellow

Why would you ask the company that sold it to you vs doing an objective google search? Every source on google says pure P5P pale yellow or off-white.

If the powder you received is pure white, it isn’t P5P.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are compounds that are referred to as B6 including Pyridoxine, Pyridoxal, Pyridoxamine, and their respective 5`-phosphate forms. pyridoxine can be converted to pyridoxal 5`-phosphate, and then back into pyridoxine later.
They're all used on zix preparations, p5p more yellow, pyridoxine almost transparent

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are compounds that are referred to as B6 including Pyridoxine, Pyridoxal, Pyridoxamine, and their respective 5`-phosphate forms. pyridoxine can be converted to pyridoxal 5`-phosphate, and then back into pyridoxine later.
They're all used on zix preparations, p5p more yellow, pyridoxine almost transparent

Thank you for the clarification, mine is pyridoxine-5-phosphate, just for the record.

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ahh ok. Mine is Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate. When mixed with liquid and applied to my head, it looks like I applied highlighter ink all over me... totally unusable.

I’ll try making a batch with a less yellow form of P5P.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
A little unfortunate edit, I looked at the packaging and it says pyridoxal, I have to look deeper into this. Thank you.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I dilute it furthermore.