My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
I used pure P5P. In powder form, it’s pale yellow. When mixed with vodka, it looks exactly like lemon-lime Gatorade.

Are you sure you’re using P5P? I think it’s supposed to be yellow as I described. The other form of B6 is Pyridoxine HCL, which is a white powder.
Try the capsules Worm recommends on the first page of this thread. It is good to go with products people have already tested with success, and the capsule product probably will stain less.
There are compounds that are referred to as B6 including Pyridoxine, Pyridoxal, Pyridoxamine, and their respective 5`-phosphate forms. pyridoxine can be converted to pyridoxal 5`-phosphate, and then back into pyridoxine later.
They're all used on zix preparations, p5p more yellow, pyridoxine almost transparent
The right, effective form for Zix is pyridoxal-5-phosphate, not pyridoxine. You can see it on this part of the Zix site:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_15.htm

Of course, if the yellow color prevents some people from using Zix, trying different forms such as pyridoxine could be a last resort. Here is more information regarding pyridoxal-5-phosphate being the superior form:

https://medium.com/@isotropeusa/pyr...p-highly-bioavailable-vitamin-b6-b056de73c47a
Is alcohol 94% safe to use for zix?
If diluted in distilled water, it should be no problem.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try the capsules Worm recommends on the first page of this thread. It is good to go with products people have already tested with success, and the capsule product probably will stain less.

The right, effective form for Zix is pyridoxal-5-phosphate, not pyridoxine. You can see it on this part of the Zix site:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_15.htm

Of course, if the yellow color prevents some people from using Zix, trying different forms such as pyridoxine could be a last resort. Here is more information regarding pyridoxal-5-phosphate being the superior form:

https://medium.com/@isotropeusa/pyr...p-highly-bioavailable-vitamin-b6-b056de73c47a

If diluted in distilled water, it should be no problem.
It wasnt a suggestion, just the various forms i heard about it
Of course its not a patentend compound, so its up to you, worm, Joe and everyone to find the sweet formula for you. I'll take p5p for the good ok!

Last edited:

Stratman95

My Regimen
Reaction score
Won't the zinc sulfate be drying our hair out? I've been on zix for a month or two and my hair is pretty dry. Sulfate dries hair out when found in shampoo. It would make sense that sulfate in the zinc is doing the same thing. Especially since we use it TWICE a day!

Any thoughts on this? @Pigeon in particular, I know you're quite knowledgeable about zix.

I am tempted to give zix a rest for a week, to see if my hair gets less dry. Impossible to say if it's working or not as I haven't really had any significant hair loss anyway. I've always had fine hair, and my old man's male pattern baldness started later in life + seems to be pretty slow. Simply trying to prevent / maintain what I have without jumping on the finasteride train.

Last edited:

Curioushair97

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using zix for just under 2 months now, so I understand that it's too early to be making any judgements. Here are some hairs I gathered on my bed; would I be correct in saying that they don't look too healthy?

Attachments

• 20200508_105635.jpg
    20200508_105635.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 264

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok boys so I bought the P5P 50 capsules from Pure Encapsulations per Worm's recommendation.

I mixed 100 mg (2 capsules) of P5P into 50 ml of distilled water. The resulting lemonade is the same color as the zix mixture I made initially.

Worm is using an even higher concentration at 150 mg per 60 ml. Idk how you guys are using this stuff without staining your scalp yellow.

Curioushair97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Top is just before I started zix (2 months nearly) and the bottom is today. Do you guys think my hairline has gotten thinner? I feel like it has.

Attachments

• 20200509_180746.jpg
    20200509_180746.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 324

Curioushair97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to tell after two months, but are you even losing your hair
I believe so. You know the idea that you dont notice you're losing it until you've lost 50% density? Well I estimate I've lost about 15% density. The grade of my hair has gotten lighter and I'm noticing more fly away hairs, too. So I'm pretty convinced that I've just caught it early. I can upload more photos later

Stratman95

My Regimen
Reaction score
Won't the zinc sulfate be drying our hair out? I've been on zix for a month or two and my hair is pretty dry. Sulfate dries hair out when found in shampoo. It would make sense that sulfate in the zinc is doing the same thing. Especially since we use it TWICE a day!

Okay, so update for anyone who reads this in the future. Zix isn't drying my hair, I had just been shampooing my hair too much. I came to realise haven't really lost much hair, but since starting zix I have definitely found regrowth of baby hairs all along my hairline. Hard to tell if it's zix, though, as I had been using Nioxin which put me through an initial shed, similar to other treatments.

One other note, I'm leaving these hairloss forums for good, it's taken such a toll on my mental health. I only started caring about losing my hair when I started reading all this panic and toxicity. There's so much more to do than worry about my hair. When the time comes, I'm going down the buzzcut, beard and buff route. Embracing my inner Kratos! All the best, everyone, try to not let your hair define you! Take some time to enjoy life as well and become the best person you can be, whether you are winning or losing this fight. @Pigeon, @TomRiddle, thank you for all your help in the past. (Not to enter the finasteride scare mongering / PFS debate, but listen to Dr. Irwin Goldstein on here https://www.blogtalkradio.com/pfsgl...goldstein-shares-the-truth-science-behind-pfs). This is just one doctor's opinion, but I believe he's probably one of the most trustworthy voices in this whole debacle.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, so update for anyone who reads this in the future. Zix isn't drying my hair, I had just been shampooing my hair too much. I came to realise haven't really lost much hair, but since starting zix I have definitely found regrowth of baby hairs all along my hairline. Hard to tell if it's zix, though, as I had been using Nioxin which put me through an initial shed, similar to other treatments.

One other note, I'm leaving these hairloss forums for good, it's taken such a toll on my mental health. I only started caring about losing my hair when I started reading all this panic and toxicity. There's so much more to do than worry about my hair. When the time comes, I'm going down the buzzcut, beard and buff route. Embracing my inner Kratos! All the best, everyone, try to not let your hair define you! Take some time to enjoy life as well and become the best person you can be, whether you are winning or losing this fight. @Pigeon, @TomRiddle, thank you for all your help in the past. (Not to enter the finasteride scare mongering / PFS debate, but listen to Dr. Irwin Goldstein on here https://www.blogtalkradio.com/pfsgl...goldstein-shares-the-truth-science-behind-pfs). This is just one doctor's opinion, but I believe he's probably one of the most trustworthy voices in this whole debacle.

Take care friend and stay healthy, with your mind and body also and whatever you chose to do always remember that you are more than hair or whatever insecurity we as people can have... Good luck

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think he makes a good point. When I saw I was starting to thin I was bummed out but I wasn’t actually distraught and petrified till I read the crazies on here acting like hair loss in stage 4 cancer or something. Good to see you found peace and if you ever do want hair in the future and treatment doesn’t work, there’s always systems

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm You also tried cetrizine for a period of time right? How was that?

Hi no I bought some of m went as far as mixing it, and maybe even applying once but I never bothered. I did however take some for allergies, I suspect it caused crazy fatigue. I cant speak to it's efficacy, but I wouldnt bother.

Hello worm, I see that you are using zix and oral zinc. I was wondering if both at the same time can cause zinc toxication or not.

I eventually stopped oral zinc as I didn't think I needed as much. I still take 1-2 zincs every week or two. I feel fine

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys, excuse the long hiatus, I've been busy with life. Thanks @Pigeon @Oknow and @Link for keeping the thread and support going.

Life here is good, I went through a phase where I was applying zix maybe twice a week for three weeks. my head started to itch and increase shedding. It's better now.

I cant say I'll be around here too often, I can just say things are status quo and zix still does the trick .

Cant promise it will work for everyone and maybe it's in the formulation too, so it may be good to adjust the zinc levels. Personally I am also under the impression people may not always use the right brands or ingredient . Just my two cents, but again it may only work for some and not others.

Hope everyone is doing well.

baydude

Reaction score
If you microneedle weekly, are you supposed to apply immediately after microneedling or the day after? Also, has Zix been reported effective without any Minoxidil mixed in with the hair muck?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had to quit most treatments due to my health issues and I can say that Zix+caffeine definitely had an impact on slowing down my loss.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
My health issues weren’t related to neither ot those compounds. Hence, I can go back to them whenever I can. Thank you

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A little thing I noticed, I recently started adding nizoral to my zix and needling regimen (adding ru soon but that’s not important). Since being on zix I’ve noticed a decrease in shedding and itching in what appears to be some success in slowing down hair loss but I’m not positive. Anyways, I noticed that today I was shedding a considerable amount more then normal when on zix which was weird because I remember earlier in the week realizing the same thing. I then thought of how today and three days earlier I had used Nizoral (1% rubbed in heavily). I think that nizoral may increase shedding especially in zix users. I remember reading @worm mention this early on in this thread. I think that nizoral might be a bad idea when using along with zix but this could have just been coincidence but it’s definitely something to think about. I will be removing it from my regimen or lowering the amount for now.

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to oppose this idea. I have used 2% ketoconazole cream with Zix and achieved moderate regrowth in the 2 month mark. That being said, the regrowth went away after that.