My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cosmetically, yes, in reality, it doesn't help with the hair loss. The zinc and B6 content are the reasons behind its antiandrogenic effects. Fillers are basically added to fill the volume of the capsule/pill.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there has been studies showing it speed up hair growth, but i think it does pretty much zero for male pattern baldness.

https://www.researchgate.net/public..._acid_on_prostaglandin_E2_in_microglial_cells
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27425673

I haven't checked the studies in a while but from what I remember it helps hair loss via mast cells and/or COX-2 inhibition. The debate is still out there, yet, I have seen positive results by using it. If you are okay with in-vitro studies as well, I am sure that there are studies that have shown that caffeine can alter the androgenetic composition of the scalp.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can regrow hair, for some it does for some it doesn't just like with minoxidil or fina. But you need to give treatments enough time to draw any conclusion because of hair cycles, etc.

Sorry if i have asked this before, but why no minoxidil in your regimen? did you get unbearable sides from that as well as finasteride or sometihng?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good question. No I have never tried minoxidil but I read a lot about people having various side effects from it. Bad for skin (also read that this could be from the ethanol in the minoxidil), bags under eyes, bad for heart, couple of studies showing it's an AA like fina and even some people who had fina like side effects because of minoxidil (some even claim to have pfs from it),... Of course seems to be the minority but after my bad experience with fina I'm cautious and don't know if I will try in the future.

For now zix seems to work and atleast (strongly) slow down my hairloss.
How would you compare it to setipiprant?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
What was the seti dose did you use and was it topical or oral?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zinc:
5 hours

The half-life for the transfer of zinc from the central to the peripheral compartment was relatively short, t Il2a (about 10 minutes) but the half-life of its apparent elimination t II2P was very long (about 6 hours for zinc pantothenate, and 5 hours for zinc sulphate).

P5P:
31.5 hours

The terminal half-life of its metabolite pyridoxal 5'-phosphate is 31.5 hours.

If this is correct, putting less P5P to prevent overloading the system and appyling it 3x a day would be better, perhaps?

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We
Zinc:
5 hours

The half-life for the transfer of zinc from the central to the peripheral compartment was relatively short, t Il2a (about 10 minutes) but the half-life of its apparent elimination t II2P was very long (about 6 hours for zinc pantothenate, and 5 hours for zinc sulphate).

P5P:
31.5 hours

The terminal half-life of its metabolite pyridoxal 5'-phosphate is 31.5 hours.

If this is correct, putting less P5P to prevent overloading the system and appyling it 3x a day would be better, perhaps?
We already use it with less p5p. I use 660+mg of zinc and 150mg of p5p as many others do

Chocolate Lebron

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t understand all this half life stuff.
Can someone tell me if I mix I batch and store it in the fridge how long can I use it ? Will it stay fresh (lack of a better word) for a week ? A month ?

thanks

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does half life really mean that much? Finasteride half life is 4-7 hours and people take that once a day so zix twice or even once a day should be good I think

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride can stay in the skin for a good while, dunno bout Zix

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does half life really mean that much? Finasteride half life is 4-7 hours and people take that once a day so zix twice or even once a day should be good I think

Yeah finasteride has a short half life but it binds to 5ar for like 4/5 days i think.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe the antiandrogenic effects of Zix is due to an upregulation of testosterone, resulting in the downregulation of 5AR.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello worm, I see that you are using zix and oral zinc. I was wondering if both at the same time can cause zinc toxication or not.

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Zinc supplement he linked to in the second post is out of stock on Amazon. Does anybody know of comparable ones from other companies? I just want to make sure I order the right thing.