My Story. With Some Tweaks To My Regimen.

Moran XING

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Moran XING I'm 24.

I've either been shedding more than usual or it's just my hair is longer so it's more noticeable, either way we will see how it pans out. I won't strike too much concern until I see a cosmetic decline. My take on it is perhaps my weaker hairs that were part of the regrowth are shedding to become even stronger? Or am I just coping and delusional? Guess time will tell.
Hey man. from the pics u sent its getting better now. I think it works to u. as you mentioned we can say for sure yet and time will tell. I have the same shed as the your first pic on the top of my head. in the past 1.5years I took finasteride(1year.2mg per day)dutasteride(6months .5mg per day)with no increase at all.i will add Rogaine in my treatment in the end of this year to see what I can have.cheers

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding massively, but my hair is looking and feeling thicker. What gives?

Edit: Perhaps the increased shedding can be contributed by the dutasteride hitting its max level of DHT inhibition only just about let's say 6 weeks(ish) ago, according to dosage charts taking .5 mg EOD would be equivalent to .25 mg ED so at around 4-5 months on dutasteride theoretically I'd have reached its full saturation.

Last edited:

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you will shed again and again and again, there will be bad times and good times. Last months i thought I lost all my gains but then I got surprised this month at how thick my hair has gotten as i got it cut

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you will shed again and again and again, there will be bad times and good times. Last months i thought I lost all my gains but then I got surprised this month at how thick my hair has gotten as i got it cut
I sure hope I end up with thicker hair. This rollercoaster of shedding sucks, it's torture.

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I sure hope I end up with thicker hair. This rollercoaster of shedding sucks, it's torture.

It's normal tho, it will get better eventually, I'm 8 months into finasteride and nearly a year on minoxidil, my hair is so awesome, only the front needs a little more time, but i guess another 3 months will do and I'm back to my 17 year old status, which would be f*****g awesome

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline and crown pics, they're in favorable lighting so it's looks better than it really is. I was liking how it looked so I took pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 561

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your barber is a champ, that's a fire *** fade. Looks good and honestly man I'd take the meds and forget about hairloss, you're obviously way above baseline.
The shop I go to a lot of college and professional athletes get their cuts, pricey but well worth it.

Hopefully I'll continue to see thickening. I guess I'm an example of a excellent responder to meds, perhaps in the near future there will be a treatment to come out where I'll be able to retain all my hair. Can only wish.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking good m8. Do you think dutasteride helped you at all? How often are you taking it?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Definitely a success story. You are a great responder to hair loss medications. Lucky you!

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
wow crazy result man!
how much finasteride helped you when you took it alone ?

minoxidil gave you crazy regrowth in 2 month ! you use the liquid version ?

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to post these two pics to compare how far I've come. The first one was taken today, the second one was in march. The crown is still diffuse but a transplant in the future should hopefully fix it.

In the second photo I deteriorated to that condition in just about 8 months. So my hair loss is VERY agressive.

Attachments

• IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_0574.JPG
    IMG_0574.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 448

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to post these two pics to compare how far I've come. The first one was taken today, the second one was in march. The crown is still diffuse but a transplant in the future should hopefully fix it.

In the second photo I deteriorated to that condition in just about 8 months. So my hair loss is VERY agressive.

Oh damn man that is aggressive af. I see why you got on dutasteride. Good improvement. Hopefully you will continue to improve and have maintenance for years to come

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Started with twice a day, now once a day with close to 3ml for the whole thinning areas on the head. And liquid, foam is sh*t

Did you try foam for a while? Didn't you like the texture or were the hair gains different?