My Story. With Some Tweaks To My Regimen.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all! So for some background my hair loss all started or at least became very noticeable about 18 months ago where during that time I believe the extreme stress I was going through triggered my hair loss, which it REALLY accelerated. An old friend pointed it out a night out, I went home to check and sure enough he was right. Even at the time I didn't think it was too bad, maybe just a normal cowlick ya know? Well the shedding never stopped. I remember my hair was literally falling out in bunches, just running my fingers through my hair I'd get at least 10-15. Showers were terrible as well. I wish I still had my baseline pics(old phone broke and like an idiot I didn't back it up) but the top of my head had no hair, it ceased to grow. My follicles went dormant just like that.

That's when I started to do something about it, went to a derm and was prescribed Finasteride at 1.25 mg a day. At that same time before any treatment I could already see regrowth on my top. So I've been on finasteride for about 8 months and I'm very pleased with the results thus far. I'm shedding hair at I'd say a normal rate which is great. Now I've decided to add dutasteride EOD at .5 mg with 5% minoxidil 2x per day on crown and hairline for some regrowth, also adding Regenepure shampoo. So I'm attacking this from all angles now and I'm excited to see the progress. I plan to drop the finasteride in about 3-4 months once I reach full saturation on dutasteride, during this time I'll still take finasteride as a safety net if things go awry. It's probably coincidence but in the recent few days my hair has really thickened up! I cant even get a comb through!

In the photos you can see my right temple goes deeper than the left, looking back at photos it's always been like that. My hairline hasn't really been to affected by this just mostly my top obviously as my hair loss has been diffuse. I'm seeing regrowth on the forelock, all along my hairline really so I'm excited. As you can see that my crown has been the most affected area, like I've said earlier I literally had no hair growing there 8 months ago so the progress is great. I understand hair takes time to grow, and especially for damaged hair to get back to the normal cycle again. Patience and consistency are key.

With that I'll be posting progress pics monthly, feel free to ask questions as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,093
  • IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,095
  • IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,151
  • IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,145

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update.

So I've felt exhausted the past 36 hours, even with plenty of sleep. For sure a side from the dutasteride, so it's working. Hopefully my body adjusts and it'll subside. Other than that I feel fine. The shed has begun.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've decided that I buzz my head so I don't obsess over my hair and it was kinda a bad mistake considering now I can't hide my bare crown. It's odd, my hair loss pattern baffles me. My hairline is fine as in the past week I've witnessed new terminal hair sprout all over, amazing considering finasteride is targeted for the crown yet I'm slick bald on my left side of my crown. Where it dips in the middle I still have hair, my right side is steadily improving, still my left side is slick bald. Anyone gauge why this is? I have these black little dots everywhere as you can see in the pic yet there's no hair to add a cosmetic difference so it's not regrowth, these follicles seem to be totally dead which really sucks having only lost the hair in the past yearish... idk my pattern doesn't seem to follow the typical male pattern baldness, as I still have the same hairline as I did as a teen.

Any insight on this? It's depressing having a slick bald crown so young, I'd take a receding hairline over a slick bald crown...

Edit : Also I'd like some opinions if I should just straight bic my head? With my crown being bald I think I look ridiculous with a buzz 1 guard or no guard because you can clearly see it. It's looking to me a fully down to the scalp shave is my last hair style option I have unfortunately.

Attachments

• IMG_0448.JPG
    IMG_0448.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 700
Last edited:

vegetableman87

My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly the crown looks worse in the grown out pictures than in the buzz. yeah, you can see its less dense but only people that are looking for it are going to notice. Do you have any other photos of the buzz? I think you made the right move buzzing it.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly the crown looks worse in the grown out pictures than in the buzz. yeah, you can see its less dense but only people that are looking for it are going to notice. Do you have any other photos of the buzz? I think you made the right move buzzing it.
Having it longer depending on how I styled it I feel as if I could at least mask it.

Attachments

• IMG_0450.JPG
    IMG_0450.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 742
  • IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_0452.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 759

slipgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all congratulations on having the courage to let it go. It really looks better than before, how do you feel?
What is it like to not have to worry about combing your hair the right way so people wouldn't notice you're balding?

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all congratulations on having the courage to let it go. It really looks better than before, how do you feel?
What is it like to not have to worry about combing your hair the right way so people wouldn't notice you're balding?
It's nice knowing I can pull off the bald look, if my hair doesn't regrow. Allows me to focus on other areas in my life.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my hair grown out to about a 1 or 2. Looks like sh*t, can't tell if this growth or not. Natural lighting at a good angle, other angles I look completely bald on top which sucks. Looks like I'll be having to shave it down to the skin sooner than later.

Attachments

• IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 715

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 days short of 2 months on minoxidil with dutasteride .5 mg MWF. Been on finasteride 1.25 mg per day, coming up on finishing my 8th month. I hope this isn't where I stop seeing progress, as you can see in this natural lighting photo it doesn't look all that good. Although I think my hair feels thicker. Think these hairs still have a chance to thicken up anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 764

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update.

This is pretty sweet, I haven't shed a hair in weeks it seems like. I can even pull on my hair and it won't come out.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I wanted to share this side by side comparison to show I'm experiencing some great thickening from finasteride, I'll give it most of the credit as I've only been on minoxidil for 2 months...

Left pic was taken on March 9, one on the right today. Harsh bathroom light. I'm amazed. I JUST started my 9th month on finasteride so I'm sure it'll only get better.

Also mind you the pic on the left is with much longer hair, the one on the right is still pretty much a buzz cut!

Attachments

• IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,009

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most likely the minoxidil, did the same for me after 2 months.