My 1900 Fut **photo** What You Guys Think? | Page 2 | HairLossTalk Forums

My 1900 Fut **photo** What You Guys Think?

Discussion in 'Hair Transplant FUT Before and After Photos' started by christina berg, Nov 21, 2016.

1. DoctorHouse

DoctorHouse Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Fred, I could not agree more with what you said. However, if you suffer from BDD or body image problems, you will always strive for perfection which is very dangerous. Unfortunately, our society today is so "photosnap" happy that you have to look perfect in every photo you take. Image is so much more important today that it causes so many people to strive for perfection. And when people feel defeated by their genetics, they will become loners and recluses and hate the genetically gifted. Some will become suicidal and find the only way to get attention is to blog it in a forum like this. When I read shooks posts on here I really freak out because his thought process is identical to mine and I never could imagine any one else having the same exact thoughts I do every day.

Very true that maybe one percent of the population that knew the OP before will notice the improvement but the one opinion that matters the most is the OP's. If this is what it takes to make him feel better about himself than do it. But don't make a career out of perfecting yourself or you may end up dead like Michael Jackson or the guy that had multiple cosmetic surgeries to look like Justin Bieber. Just remember, maintaining "perfection" is a life time commitment because age will take it all away from you.

The main reason I still have not pulled the trigger on a hair transplant all these years is exactly what Fred said. It will only make a significant difference to me and most likely no one else. In my case a forehead reduction would make a greater impact but again really only to me. Will it change my life. Honestly, No way. I already have so many other genetic imperfections that would need to be fixed that it would take too much money and too much risk for me to achieve my goal. And for what? There is always going to be someone more genetically gifted to compete with so what is the point. That is why I finally realized, I have to learn to live life to the fullest and set my own rules and values. I no longer let other people's thoughts about me control my life.

For the last few months I fell into a real funk with thoughts of how our society has gone to hell. I was at the gym watching everyone take their phones out and video themselves working out. I can't believe this is what our society has come to. Not only that but so many guys are getting "juiced" up and then covering themselves up with tattoos. And then I am thinking what are these guys's future children going to think about their parents when they grow up. I really feel sorry for the next generation of children that have parent's that only think of themselves. This world is really spinning out of control thanks to social media. So I can understand why people who are NW2 want to be a NW1. It does gives you a better shot in the dating pool but that is about it. Will it make you a million dollars? Will it change the world? Will it make your life better than a NW2's? I think if you are going to remain single your whole life and want to live like a "slayer", then by all means keep yourself looking your best. But is that really what you want out of life? We all know by now, its very rare to have a marriage that let's you live happily ever after. Just remember life would not exist without one problem after another.

There is only one solution to surviving in this hellish society. Change your perspective just enough to live a fairly decent happy life but just remember it's quite normal if you relapse as we all have to hit rock bottom once in a while. That way we have the motivation to move upward again.

2. christina berg

christina berg Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you wolf pack for standing up to me and understanding my point of view.
    @GoldenMane, it was never my intention to troll anyone or rub my success story in other members on this forum.

My wish was to bring hope to others that are thinking of getting a FUT or a FUE.
    When i started looking for alternatives to get my surgery done i learned allot form other posts and endless hours of research.

I understand my problem wasn't that bad to begin with, but for me it was huge, my hairline was the firs thing i saw in the morning and the last thing i thought about before bed. I would wear a hat all the time, sports and water was a problem and my life quality wasn't as good as it used to be before my hairline matured.

I feel for you and others that are in this shitty situation.
    Looking for alternative herbal medication or the latest hair growth trends in hope for the "cure" that always seem to be 5-10 years away.
    I felt that the only way for me to live a "normal" life would be to buy happiness, just like girls do to boost their confidence with silicone boobs. I belive if this "disorder" was more common among the other sex the cure would already be solved. If some one is mocking you its the society we all live in, where bald men are portrayed as a comical and silly, men are programed not to show that they care about their looks because its not macho to be vane even tho we live in this world where attractive girls want their guy to look like in their magazines and there dating shows. no wonder its such a shameful and stressful topic.

We are all in this boat together, so lets help and suport instead of pointing fingers.

@ wolf pack question about my situation 4 months post i can let you know your wild ride has just started, at 4 months my hair looked like shit, almost all the implanted hairs where gone and where on their way to see sunlight :D and my scalp was still red. after month 4 you will be exited to look in the mirror every day :D will try to find a photo.

pjhair, kj6723 and Wolf Pack like this.
  3. Wolf Pack

Wolf Pack Moderator My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @christina berg

Brilliant and empathetic post by you. I always believe that the community on here is richer with greater diversity of people. In regards to age, race, career, hair status and so on. As long as everyone sticks to the basic forum rules. If someone is not happy for others or at least neutral, they are not at peace with themselves, that is more worrying to me.

My scalp redness in the recipient area disappeared within the first month seriously. Some small residual redness that remained was gone by week 6 in the donor area. I have growth at the moment everywhere but it's patchy and see through as expected. I would like to see your picture at 4 months if possible. It's reassuring what you say about month 4. Do you think all the transplanted hairs appear by month 7? And after that it just gets longer and thicker to blend in with the rest? Any ideas yourself on this matter?

It's an exciting time for me. I would say the worst period is 3-5 weeks post hair transplant. Shock loss everywhere, redness, balding buzz cut e.t.c. You had FUT so no shave I presume. I also think month 4-6 is hard in a different kind of way: you're always wondering if you're behind/ahead in terms of growth.

I'm glad you feel better. Donor hair is there to donate, you wanted something normal in regards to the hairline and now you have it.

kj6723 and christina berg like this.
  4. bluemoon1212

bluemoon1212 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are fucking ridiculous. Jesus.

5. christina berg

christina berg Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    3-5 weeks was hard because of the swelling but nothing heavy painkillers couldn't solve. 4-6 months are hard because of the waiting game, it's a looong wait! but i'm sure you will be very happy. (wolf pack) do you have any photos?
    I'm at month 8 and i can still se growth, not like in the first 4-6 months tho! in month 4-6 i had stubble hairs coming out just like beard hair. Now i can see allot of fine hairs in between the grafted hairs they are about 2 cm long, i belive my transplanted hair will become much thicker to, some of them are pretty weak looking.

Wolf Pack likes this.
  6. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You have reassured me. You also still have a long way to go results wise but you've already "made it" man. It looks great. Once upon a time I had a thread up with my pictures, but not currently. My avatar is the top view of my hair taken about 2-3 weeks ago. I plan on pm'ing my growth to certain people who want to see it. I'll shoot u a PM in a month or so bro.

7. GoldenMane

GoldenMane Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The sub forum is for hair transplants sure, but the site is for hair loss sufferers. It just doesn't seem right that someone who considers himself to have a mature hairline, stable, with mo signs of loss, would use a website for hair loss sufferers to post his unnecessary hair transplant.
    I know it's not meant to mock, but it does seem a bit like ego tripping. I don't really find hair transplant stories and photos from people with normal hair very relevant to allopecia sufferers, neither interesting or useful. Virtually all hair transplant pati BT's on here have to worry about progressive hair loss and limited donor supply, neither of which are an issue for OP, and as such the situation is entirely different so I don't agree with the idea that it's useful for actual hair loss sufferers to see this kind of thing. These kinds of hair transplant procedures are basically irrelevant to actual hair loss sufferers who would be mad to get a Brad Pitt hairline done with the prospect of progressive loss and limited donor supply (5000 average)
    Perhaps a tiny, tiny minority of hair loss sufferers who believe they won't progress beyond NW3 or 4 could consider it if they had great donor supplies, but that's normal.
    I suspect you can relate more to Christina because you believe you won't progress to a higher Norwood and you've got a way above normal donor supply, that's why you find hair transplants of people without male pattern baldness to be interesting.
    I find it distasteful for someone without male pattern baldness posting transplant photos on a hair transplant sub forum of a hair loss website for allopecia sufferers. Even if you disagree, I at least know you can understand this sentiment, it's not an unreasonable one.

#27 GoldenMane, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  8. WhitePolarBear

WhitePolarBear Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I have a small zit on the right side of my forehead, gonna take a picture now and after it clears out and post them on the acne.org forum, saying my aesthetics were ruined, but now I feel normal again, with perfect skin as it should be.

No problem with that.

Nevermind that the vast majority of the people on that forum are ravaged with acne.

Some people need perspective.

GoldenMane and hanginginthewire like this.
  9. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I do understand you but I am afraid to say you have a problem with envy imo, someone had to say it. Not the first person on here and certainly not the last. It's about lowering your sensitivity levels to something deemed acceptable and being at peace. I'll say again, your hair is much closer to his, then someone like Fred to yours. So what if in the future someone similar to Fred says you should be banned? After all, your pictures could be "irrelevant and distasteful" as you put it. In fact, such requests have happened by baldites. So should you be banned? Why not? Oh right because you both have male pattern baldness of course and "similar suffering". Lets not pretend your male pattern baldness is anything like Fred's if you objectively look at it. It's like saying losing half a finger is the same as being wheelchair bound as a teen. Then take into account age, you're 30 or close to it and a fullhead. Okay you have thin hair naturally and diffuse, but it's nothing like some people on here.

Should we also ban people on a transgender regime as it's "distasteful", after all we can't do it as straight males? Also ban women hair transplants simply because they have a different pattern of hair loss and are not male. You envy this guy because he has long blonde hair like you, but much better, that's not a reason for a ban because it personally offends you. It's all relative to one's physical and mental circumstances. Unless forum rules are broken, it's fine.

I didn't go for a juvenile hairline (although the option was presented to me), so not sure how I can relate to Cristina. I went for a mature hairline. Yes I do have a lot of donor hair but that's not why I am unperturbed by Cristina. Most importantly, believe it or not, I have a sound mind where I can remain neutral or enjoy someone's success story. I won't be running to the mirror crying for a juvenile hairline.

What he posted concerning his hairline anxiety and having a hair transplant makes him relevant enough not to be banned - which you basically unreasonably and selfishly advocate so you could block out your thoughts. That's actually what you should be dealing with, your thoughts, not this guy. And avoid the thread if it's an issue, simple as that.

No more discussions on this in this thread now. It is getting seriously sidetracked. Everyone has said their opinion. If anyone has a problem, email admin see what he says. I have no problem if I am told I am wrong but this is what I believe. I have respect for you goldenmane and in the past we have interacted a lot but I feel you have given this individual a lot of stick for nothing but your own insecurities. The impact section is for that. This is about hair transplant results.

kj6723 and davesmith420 like this.
  10. Dench57

Dench57 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Am I the only one that thinks OP does have male pattern baldness? @GoldenMane his before pic doesn't look that different to your hair. High hairline and temple recession. Don't know if the thinness is natural hair calibre or due to male pattern baldness though.

11. GoldenMane

GoldenMane Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I don't know. If he does then that changes my opinion. He says he thinks it's just a very stable mature hairline. My issue is people without hair loss posting on a hair loss forum, and not that I want him banned or his topic deleted as wolf pack suggested.

#31 GoldenMane, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    WhitePolarBear and Wolf Pack like this.
  12. michel sapin

michel sapin Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    great post doctorhouse

kj6723 likes this.
  13. kj6723

kj6723 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Tbh, with all the hate this dudes getting, the before and the after result I'm seeking from my transplant are quite similar I believe. Also very close to the number of grafts I'm quoted, although I'm having FUE

Langsverd and hairblues like this.
  14. hairblues

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I agree with you on this..
    from a womans perspective and i am 45--his hair looked 'aged' in original photos and he is a young man..he does not need to have a hairline of a man in his 40s and 50s when he's in his 30s.
    His transplant looks great-good for him.

15. Langsverd

Langsverd New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Looks great! How much did it cost you?

Do you feel that the "new" hair looks exactly as natural as the old?

I have taken some photos of my hairline from way back when, but is there like a "standardized" way to take them, to make sure they are accurate? (For example using a measuring band from the nose root and up to the scalp, I suppose there are other ways as well, but if doctors that do hair transplants have a standard way to measure this, I'd like to know)

16. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    So if you're not a NW7 you're not allowed to have a hair transplant? Wtf? The dude looks better now than before, so it's a win for him, and it takes nothing away from you people that are crying about it. Good for him.

kj6723 likes this.