Mj9's Story - 4 YEAR UPDATE!!

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: mj9' story - 3 MONTH UPDATE!! (pics included)

ginger-uk said:
I've been taking protein shakes for years!? :shock:

ok there is no scientifc study (i dont think) but from my personal experience, i dont think protein shakes helped my male pattern baldness.. i am very confident that it speeded up my male pattern baldness (but not induce it)... i have 3 older brothers with much more hair than mine... the oldest is starting to thin... no of them have ever touched a protein shake and always warned me but i never believed them.... also in many parts of asia, it is very well know that high protein diets lead to hairloss!

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

That is worry. That said I started receeding and thinning before I started taking protein shakes. :)

vanheldan

Reaction score

how much is too much?...i'm consuming between 100-150g of protein daily...54g from protein shakes. is that too much?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

vanheldan said:
how much is too much?...i'm consuming between 100-150g of protein daily...54g from protein shakes. is that too much?

i dont know how much is too much... i was taking at least 1-2 protein shakes a day and also eating lots of meat and eggs everyday... i would say that is too much... saying that i was massive back then and needed all that protein but it was not helping my hormones... more testosterone so more dht so more muscle and more HAIR LOSS....

this is my theory and is not proven so its up to you to believe it...

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score

your progress definitely inspired me to keep going. I'm at that crappy few weeks in big shed phase and looked in the mirror today and :shock: things not looking good. A couple months from now though I hope I'm in the same boat as you.

You have me a little scared about my workout schedule/diet though. I'll eat a few eggs, cup of nonfat yogurt, peanut butter and banana sandwhich (on whole grain of course) on an average day. I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables as well but maybe I'll chill on the protein if its part of the reason I'm losing hair.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

cleverusername said:
your progress definitely inspired me to keep going. I'm at that crappy few weeks in big shed phase and looked in the mirror today and :shock: things not looking good. A couple months from now though I hope I'm in the same boat as you.

You have me a little scared about my workout schedule/diet though. I'll eat a few eggs, cup of nonfat yogurt, peanut butter and banana sandwhich (on whole grain of course) on an average day. I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables as well but maybe I'll chill on the protein if its part of the reason I'm losing hair.

i m not saying that protein is bad, i just think a balanced diet is crucial and a bad diet along with high protein consumption is very detrimental (just my opinion so dont take it too seriously :) )

also hang on in there because the shed phase is horrible and i remember it made me feel very crap that i was very tempted to pack it in a few times but i m glad i never... basically the shed is gonna make your hair look worse initially but its a good sign that the treatment is working :)

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

ok guys so its nearly 4 months now (actually still one week to go)... anyway i took a picture today so here it is... please feel free to comment :)

been getting lots of second looks from people who know me and lots of good comments... my friend freaked out last week when he saw my hair :punk:

all i can say is i am happy :punk:

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: mj9' story - 4 MONTH UPDATE!! :)

LOL! You were bald and now your not. Awesome results mate.

If I am honest I would have told you not to bother trying looking at that first pic. Excellent stuff. :punk:

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

Dude that's amazing. Congrats and I hope it keeps working for you.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score

Damn dude that is nothing short of amazing! :shock: Looks like it's definitely worth waiting out those sheds eh?

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score

That is truely awesome dude! Are you using Propecia or generic?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

MJ, you are very lucky. I put minoxidil in my hair and after a month my hair looks the worst it can possibly look. I have negative side effects with it too. I just hope you can hold on to these results after 2 years. I did fine the first 2 years but after that things fizzled. I need something new but unfortunately this will be another year with no promise of nothing new to try.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Jack23- said:
That is truely awesome dude! Are you using Propecia or generic?

thanks for the comments everyone... i am using generic finasteride (cipla)...

DoctorHouse said:
MJ, you are very lucky. I put minoxidil in my hair and after a month my hair looks the worst it can possibly look. I have negative side effects with it too. I just hope you can hold on to these results after 2 years. I did fine the first 2 years but after that things fizzled. I need something new but unfortunately this will be another year with no promise of nothing new to try.

what was your regimen for the first 2 years? did you use minoxidil before? i mean if its the first time then you are gonna get a shed initially then hair should start thickening up... i am 25 and i will be happy if i can keep them till i am 30.. then i ll justbuzz them off or maybe there will be a cure by then (follica?) :innocent: :roll:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

MJ, I used the big 3 for about a year and half. Noticed nizoral dried my hair so I dropped that. When I used the foam twice daily my hair got worse and then I went to once per day and it got better. I use Proxiphen for almost a year now and it has some minoxidil in it so my hair is used to minoxidil. My hair is very alcohol sensitive and even the foam's alcohol still negatively affects my hair. My hair is use to minoxidil by now for many years. I do not think its normal to lose as much hair as I do and the texture of my hair changes to a very whispy thin texture. I think I have learned my lesson now. I have to admit it was YOU who inspired me to go back on minoxidil. My hair situation is not really too bad. So you would think I would respond even better than you but I was wrong again. I psychologically cannot stand looking at my hairline disappear day bay day. I went thru this before with the foam and it did the same thing and I never recovered fully from the last time this happened. I think its the alcohol in the foam and not the minoxidil that is what maybe causing the problem. I need alcohol free minoxidil which lipoxidil used to make but stopped selling it. I just hope I recover in the next few months.

Emuler

Established Member
Reaction score

So inspiring man! Congrats! I'm on month 8 and am responding well to the big 3, soon i will post pics, my response has taken longer btw. Your results are just amazing! :punk:

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

madhatter said:
what pharmacy do you order your finpecia from?

inhouse.... they seem to be pretty reliable...

also everything i use is generic...

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

i ve been shedding a lot of hair past few days... think i might be coming up to a major shed :crazy:

SE-freak

Reaction score

Taking a dutasteride pill once weekly while on finasteride is your idea, isn't it?