Mj9's Story - 4 YEAR UPDATE!!

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: mj9' story - 4 MONTH UPDATE!! :)

madhatter said:
SE, I think the frontal hairs have started to thicken up a bit, I haven't seen regrowth. The shed at the crown and mid scalp was pretty significant but I'm remaining positive that it's a sign that I'm responding. Shedding is down significantly the past couple weeks. I think the next couple months will tell a lot.

mh -- at what point did you start shedding?

madhatter

Established Member
Reaction score

I would say it was about a week or two into starting finpecia......

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

madhatter said:
mj, when you noticed the burst of regrowth, was it terminal regrowth or were they vellus hairs? I'm at about 8 weeks on the big 3 now. I got a haircut the other day and my hair in the front seems to have thickened up a bit. But my crown and mid scalp have thinned below baseline from my shed. I'm looking at the shed as a good sign and not getting discouraged about it. It's just a little tough since my scalp has never been this visible before, but I'm hoping the next 2 months bring some success.

Thats a very good question and to be honest i m not sure i know the answer. I had/have lots of tiny vellus hair growing and some are now turning/turned into terminal hair. I would like to say the burst of regrowth that i had was terminal but i am also starting to think it wass just the existing hair that thickened up.... i know the hair that i had defo did thicken up and i also know that the hair at the crown are vellus but not too sure about the front because it thickened up very quickly but i dont remember seeing thick terminal hair growing so might have been vellus that quickly turned into terminal hair :dunno:

anyway dont be discouraged because my crown also got even more thinner initally and now its slowly filling in... if my hair continue to grow at the rate they are growing now, the crown should look pretty normal in another 2 months (i hope).

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: Mj9's Story - 5 MONTH UPDATE!!!! :)

Just an update that I have had a few good comments on my hair and also my hair have become very dark/black. I was looking in the mirror earlier and I couldn't believe how much younger I looked!
Anyway, here's a five month update. Let me know what you guys think.

Before Treatment
file.php

2 months of treatment
file.php

Sorue

Reaction score

absolutely thrilled for you man.. great progress. keep it up :punk:

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score

amazing !!! You must be very happy.
I have never seen anything as amazing as your results .. Nice one !

madhatter

Established Member
Reaction score

great progress mj, I can't wait to it in 2 more months....I'm at the 2 month mark and can't wait to see where the coming months lead me. The drop below baseline was tough to handle. But it has subsided and things appear to be starting to thicken up a little now.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

madhatter said:
great progress mj, I can't wait to it in 2 more months....I'm at the 2 month mark and can't wait to see where the coming months lead me. The drop below baseline was tough to handle. But it has subsided and things appear to be starting to thicken up a little now.

Man I am glad (and I am sure you will be too) that you didn't let the initial shed put you off. You should start to see some rapid growth between months 2-4

Soon you will be :hairy:

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

golfgolf said:
by chance i came here tonight,usually i go in sucessful stories thread",i have been very depressed over the past fee months ,moreoever the past few weeks,it just gave me hope to see this ,because it looks like my head,i have the same baldness,same level and it became very agressive since 1 year approx
thanks toy you ,i just took up from my bed even if its 1 am and i wnat to fight with my life instead of thinkg of suicide everyday because of this *****hairloss
i will keep checking the thread

i started 2 weeks ago religiously(not like before) taking once a day xandrox15plus ,rogain once a day
duta once a day,curcumin,biotin,nettle roots,

sorry put this here i just wanted to let you know that maybe this thread changed my life and gave me hope,

Check your inbox :)

madhatter

Established Member
Reaction score

mj, have you experienced any scalp itchiness? The past two or so weeks my scalp has been extremely itchy. I'm hoping this won't effect me from making progress...I use Nizoral every other day, I'm think that maybe it is drying out my scalp. Maybe I should switch to every third day.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

madhatter said:
mj, have you experienced any scalp itchiness? The past two or so weeks my scalp has been extremely itchy. I'm hoping this won't effect me from making progress...I use Nizoral every other day, I'm think that maybe it is drying out my scalp. Maybe I should switch to every third day.

madhatter, I get scalp itchiness and spots now and again. Infact, I had an itchy scalp last night but now its ok. Never had it for more than 1-2 days though. Hope you don't scratch it? Because that would probably make it worse.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: Mj9's Story - (5 MONTH UPDATE!!!! :)

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry for screaming like a little girl but I am going through a major shed and I am losing my density :crazy:

I am losing a lot of hair everytime I apply minoxidil. How long will this last? It's been one week already :(

Any advice appreciated

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Ah it’s all good. Especially because you know already that finasteride is working for you. It’s just shedding so when it regrows next time your hair will be even thicker then now.

Maybe month 6 and 7 might not be great, but by month 8 it will be way thicker than now.

I see it as a sign that you are a really great responder to the drug.

Awesome results by the way!

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

optimus prime said:
Ah it’s all good. Especially because you know already that finasteride is working for you. It’s just shedding so when it regrows next time your hair will be even thicker then now.

Maybe month 6 and 7 might not be great, but by month 8 it will be way thicker than now.

I see it as a sign that you are a really great responder to the drug.

Awesome results by the way!

Thanks and I hope you are right!

So how long will this shed last and how much density will I lose? Do you think it will be enough for other people to notice?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Couldn’t say, it’s different for everyone I guess. I don’t think it will be hugely noticeable. I imagine you have new hairs growing everyday to replace the old ones. Your new hairs can’t come back thicker unless the old ones drop out…so I would be pleased I was you.

My shed lasted for 4-5 months. Some peoples last for 1-2 months…

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

optimus prime said:
Couldn’t say, it’s different for everyone I guess. I don’t think it will be hugely noticeable. I imagine you have new hairs growing everyday to replace the old ones. Your new hairs can’t come back thicker unless the old ones drop out…so I would be pleased I was you.

My shed lasted for 4-5 months. Some peoples last for 1-2 months…

Man I guess you are right but it's horrible looking at all the hair falling out everytime I apply minoxidil. I hope my shed does not last 4-5 months but my main concern is that my hair might look worse if the new hair don't start growing soon. I can see that my hair are already starting to look a bit thinner....

Also the hair that are falling out seem to be healthy thick hair?

I'm scared :(

Petchsky

Reaction score

It was same for me during a bad shed, my hair looked thinner and the hairs i was losing looked healthy, which scared the sh*t outta me too, but i recovered and so will your hair...it's the way goes

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah i notice my hairs falling out are getting healthier and healthier. Looks like it's shed time for me. Eff. At least I can wear a beanie in the winter to cover up haha.

Chaaalieboy

Reaction score

I was shedding pretty bad, too. I freaked out, but i did research and found that it was totally normal. I ended up shaving my head so I'd stop worrying about it, and so that i'd be able t apply the minoxidil better.

BTW ur dutasteride dosage seems a little low. Once a week? Whats the story on that?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Chaaalieboy said:
BTW ur dutasteride dosage seems a little low. Once a week? Whats the story on that?

I wanted to start with a low dose and increase to twice a week but it did a good job so decided against upping the dose! I might increase it once/if it stops working!