Mj9's Story - 4 YEAR UPDATE!!

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: Mj9's Story - 8 MONTH UPDATE

JWM said:
Are you still using dutasteride once a week?

hey man, yeah still using dutasteride once a week - had planned to increase to twice a week but my regimen works so why change it...

I actually got a comment from a guy that i met recently, he pointed out that i was starting to thin on top!! if only ha had seen my hair 8 months ago - I was f*****g bald! lol

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

f***! shedding again and i think its gonna be a big one :shock:

IBM

Reaction score

mj9 said:
f*ck! shedding again and i think its gonna be a big one :shock:

Sheddings phases are very depressive.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

amsch said:
mj, any updates?

Hey Guys,
Sorry I think I am due an update. I've been really busy past few months and also moved house so not had chance to update.

I will have some photos up in the next few days - I promise.

Apart from that, hair is still thickening I think. However, I am constantly shedding but I have been too busy to think about it. Still taking finasteride but using minoxidil once a day.

I have noticed my crown looks more noticeable but I think it may be because my hair around it has thickened a lot quicker.

Furthermore, this week I have experienced a lot of spots on my scalp and it very itchy?? Can anyone help why that maybe? New hair?

Cheers,
Mj

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

im excited to see your results

dude you have gained sooooo much hair

you must be ecstatic

cheers mate

raptor

Reaction score

my head is also itching like crazy.
I wonder why.
i'm a diffuser (DPA).
Would you call MJ9 a diffuser?

Raptor

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Guys thats me coming up to the 1 year mark and this week has been hell - i have been shedding like crazy and they have been thick/healthy hair..... Is this another shed or have the meds stopped working?

HELP!! I feel a bit crap looking at all the hair falling out :(

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

just ride it out bro

you had success with the big 3

you just have synchronized the growing cycles

the hair that you shed is being pushed out by new healthier hair
i can tell by your success

keep your chin up man

your way above baseline

cheers mate

amsch

Reaction score

mj9 said:
Guys thats me coming up to the 1 year mark and this week has been hell - i have been shedding like crazy and they have been thick/healthy hair..... Is this another shed or have the meds stopped working?

HELP!! I feel a bit crap looking at all the hair falling out :(

Don't watch the hair fall down, keep making pics and compare them. As long as it's not worse than before you have not much to worry about.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

hey guys,

Here's my shedding so far:

Month 1 - not much shedding
Month 2 - Shedding increased
Month 3 to 4 - Shedding slightly but at a low constant rate
Month 5 - Extreme shedding (~100 hairs everytime I apply minoxidil)
Month 6 - Shedding even worse (easy ~300 hairs when applying minoxidil)
Month 7 - Still shedding but might have slowed down a little(difficult to tell)
Month 8 to 12 - Stable
Month 13 - Shedding incread
Month 14 - Extreme Shedding, never had this much shedding EVER

My hair is definetly thinner than at month 12 and this shed is never ending - I feel all that hardwork for nothing. Has the meds stopped working? I also started going to the gym a lot recently - maybe this is causing the sheds? Arggghhhh what am I doing wrong?

Anyone els experienced this kind of shedding after a year on meds? Is this normal?

SE-freak

Reaction score

mj:

Have you kept your regimen steady all these months? What about dutasteride? Have you been consistent with your minoxidil apps?

SE

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

SE-freak said:
mj:

Have you kept your regimen steady all these months? What about dutasteride? Have you been consistent with your minoxidil apps?

SE

Hi SE

Dutasteride still once a week and finasteride 0.5 or 1mg daily. I started using 1.5ml minoxidil once a day as work does not permit - could this be the reason? Do I start using twice daily? I thought once daily was just as good as twice daily?! :dunno:

What about gym?

SE-freak

Reaction score

Try not to change your initial regimen, if it was 2x minoxidil daily maybe you should stick to that for starters.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

Chuck up some new pics man, maybe a different perspective on how you are going is what you need.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I am at 15 months and my hair has been shedding like crazy since the 12 month mark (third or forth major shed). I mean crazy. Non-stop, everyday. I still seem to have ok hair.

Remember, your hair has been shedding for a while now, hair will be growing through at the same rate it is falling. So if you lost 200 hairs a day 3 months ago, most likely those 200 hairs are growing back each day now, but hopefully healthier and thicker.

So your head will have the same amount of hair, but gradually getting thicker all over.

Its good you worry because it stops you becoming complacent. Don't change your regime yet whatever you do.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hi Guys
Thanks for all the advice.
I've gone back to me normal regimen (so minoxidil twice a day). I have noticed my shedding decreased a few days after going back on twice a day minoxidil - hopefully they will start growing again. I'm not changing my regimen ever again - lesson learned!

I will take pictures soon so you guys can give me some feedback.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Update!
Guys went back on minoxidil twice a day for 1.5 months and I can see hair thickening up again!!!

WARNING - DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF MINOXIDIL!!!