Mj9's Story - 4 YEAR UPDATE!!

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: mj9' story - (24 and in denial for too long! (pics included)

mbehr22 - are you recommending that i jump onto dutasteride?

I have been thinking about the dandruff and i think it may be due to the regrowth of hair causing the skin to break and causing dandruff because its not your "average" dandruff.... its darker and "heavier"....

you should defo get onto minoxidil.... i feel its playing a big part in the growth...

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score

all im saying is dutasteride is stronger but it has its risks, obviously

i really didnt get sht out of finasteride ... wish i had.

dutasteride has caused every bit of 'success' i have had but even that hasnt produced quite likei had wanted, but i know i have very high expectations and want a lot of thickening ...

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

mbehr22 said:
but i know i have very high expectations and want a lot of thickening ...

man you certainly do have high expectations... i just had a look at your photos and your hair is still great.... i would kill for that!

i take dutasteride once a week... if finasteride does not work then i am going on dutasteride daily

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score

wow mj, your hair was awesome in the 2nd pic
i like how you seem like a chill guy though, youre not really stressing as much as i did when i first noticed hair loss

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

BlahBlah12 said:
wow mj, your hair was awesome in the 2nd pic
i like how you seem like a chill guy though, youre not really stressing as much as i did when i first noticed hair loss

man i didnt stress about my hair because i was in denial for so long... however, when i finally came back to reality, i stressed and was depressed but then i pulled myself out.... now, i m gonna do everything i can to get my hair back and if it does not work then i ll just buzz it down... my last resort is a hair transplant but i am hoping i dont have to go down that route!

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 24 and in denial for too long! (pics included)

mj9 said:
Lucky_UK said:
Hello mj, welcome to the forum

if these photos are you then your hairloss looks very aggressive and appears to be heading towards a NW6+ pattern.

I would say that you are doing the right thing by starting a regime of suppliments and meds, this is your best shot, because your hairloss only appears to be a couple of years in the making you stand a better chance of success, I have seen a few guys here reverse hairloss and gain very good results and youth is usually on thier side.

Take photos in the same room every month, this will help you to evaluate your progress.

All the best

Lucky

yea my hairloss is very aggressive.. it started from top of my head and started thinning really quickly... it was strange because my hairline was thick as ever but recently i noticed it has started to thin aswell...
i was thinking about getting a hair transplant but i dont want to go under the knife plus i ve heard bad things (and good)...

basically my hair were thick all over in 2005 and in 2006 i couldnt style them anymore and was finding myself hiding indoors when all my friends were out and about...
also i wish i did something back then cause maybe i would have a head full of thick hair right now... oh well, better late than never...

also, i will keep it up for 6 months and if i dont see an improvement then i might consider a hair transplant but fingers crossed i wont have to go that route....

i will post month 1, 2 and 3 photos next month...

p.s. i am considering topical finasteride - any suggestions? can i make it myself? (mix it in a bottle of minoxidil maybe?)

Just take oral finasteride. You'll thank us later.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 24 and in denial for too long! (pics included)

mj9 said:
baldness defo runs in my family... my dad is bald, brother is thinning and receading, other brother, slight thinning, and second oldest has thick hair!!! i am the youngest and the worst as you can see from the pic... i personally believe i have somehow managed to speed up my male pattern baldness... i dont know how but i think the following things my contribute:

-I train like a dog at the gym for muscle mass (no steroids or anything like that as i would be completely bald if i did!!!)

-I think diet has something to do with it. My diet was very good a few years ago until i went to uni and started dieting and went on protien only diets etc etc...

- I ve also heard some types of food (proteins) cause hormone imbalance ---->>> more testosterone, dht --->>>> male pattern baldness quicker?!!

While lifting does not CAUSE male pattern baldness, it may contribute slightly. I have noticed that my hair has thinned out over the last year and a half which coincides with two things in my life: the first year of medical school and a religious 3-4 day per week lifting schedule sometimes with protein/creatine supplementation. I suggest a potent DHT inhibitor such as finasteride immediately. That is the course that I've chosen. When your body produces more testosterone, more DHT can potentially be a result of the conversion with alpha5 reductase enzyme which is blocked by propecia (finasteride). I suggest going to see your family Doctor or a local dermatologist for a propecia script (should he diagnose you with androgenetic alopecia). Best of luck... I'm right there with you.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

medmax84 - i am already on finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral....

my male pattern baldness was defo made worse due to weights and protien consumption.... it defo didnt cause it but defo did accelerate the male pattern baldness process....

i m getting some good results thankfully and will get the pics posted next week... just a few days till month 3 is complete...

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: mj9' story - 3 MONTH UPDATE!! (pics included)

ok guys so as i promised, here is an update at month 3 (well its not quite 3 months yet but i couldnt wait any longer... still a few days to go...)

anyway, let me know what you guys think.... i dont think these pics show how well my growth has been as to the naked eye plus its a cam phone so not great...

i have been getting lots of comments about my hair so i am happy with the progress but wish i can make a full come back....

also i got a buzz cut in the latest photo as i wanted to be sure my growth was actuall growth and not just hair getting longer.... in the first pic my hair were fairly long but as you can see very thin that you can barely see them...

photos were all taken in the same lighting conditions which included a light bulb directly above my head to make it look as bad as possible...

anyway please comment...

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Obsidian

Reaction score

Looks like you're responding, congrats. Maybe by this time next year I might be more jealous than you.

Need4Hair

Reaction score

wow! man thats a great improvement! you response very well in 3 month! I expect a full head in another 3 month ! keep it UP!!!!! you gave me hope man!

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score

AWESOME! keep it up, looks to be coming along quite well

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score

mj9 said:

Those are some outstanding results. Just as I was thinking there was no way the big 3 would fix my slightly thinning hair... thanks for hte motivation!!!

You must be pleased with those results!

IBM

Reaction score

That's an awesome improving. Keep it.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

thanks guys... i am indeed very happy with the results so far... the last 2-3 weeks have been amazing in terms of hair growth....

i am glad i am giving people hope because that was my main intention for posting my photos and helping people...

Obsidian

Reaction score

Yeah if you have a good head of hair by next year, you better come back and post and not leave us in the dust. :firing:

billynohair

Reaction score

congrats man, thats nice growth! ;D

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Obsidian said:
Yeah if you have a good head of hair by next year, you better come back and post and not leave us in the dust. :firing:

dont worry man, i promise to stick around and help as many people as i can... i know what its like to be bald and i know its not nice when you start balding and dont know that things out there can help...

well fingers crossed that i will have a full head of hair and i hope you guys are successful too... anyway lots of work still needs to be done on the top and crown so dont want to get too excited just yet!!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

mj, you are lucky to be responding well in the frontal region. How much minoxidil do you put on the frontal area and where do you actually put it specifically. Are you using the foam or liquid?