Mj9's Story - 4 YEAR UPDATE!!

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: mj9' story - 3 MONTH UPDATE!! (pics included)

DoctorHouse said:
mj, you are lucky to be responding well in the frontal region. How much minoxidil do you put on the frontal area and where do you actually put it specifically. Are you using the foam or liquid?

well i ve only been on minoxidil for 2 months.... first month, rogaine foam and second month, liquid minoxidil... foam is defo easier to apply but i changed due to curiosity!

i put 1ml minoxidil all over my head...

p.s. i also add finasteride to my liquid minoxidil! i know some of the other guys on this forum do it so why not....

Obsidian

Reaction score

How do you add the finasteride to your minoxidil? out of curiousity.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

I always find it strange that the best responders are the ones that loose the most hair, and often over a short period of time. I've been loosing mine since I was 19 and MIN, finasteride etc has done relatively nothing in stopping it, nevermind regrowing. Congrats though mate. You'll be able to have a fully concealed buzz cut by month 5. Thats an awesome result. :)

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Obsidian said:
How do you add the finasteride to your minoxidil? out of curiousity.

crush 2 mg to a bottle of 60ml minoxidil... i wanted a low concentration as i am taking finasteride orally...

i hope i have satisfied your curiousity! :)

ginger-uk said:
Congrats though mate. You'll be able to have a fully concealed buzz cut by month 5. Thats an awesome result. :)

thanks and i hope so :)

Sean68

Reaction score

ginger-uk said:
I always find it strange that the best responders are the ones that loose the most hair, and often over a short period of time. I've been loosing mine since I was
yeah it does seem that often the quicker it goes the quicker it can come back.

congratulations mate it cant have been easy losing so much in such a short time. hope it keeps improving.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Nice dude congrats. I guess you aren't going to stop lifting weights after all?

I re-started weight training in april and to be honest, my hair hasn't changed.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

I have been using weights for years, and my hair has never improved through these treatments. I still don't believe it has anything to do with my hairloss.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

SE-freak said:
Move to success stories please.

not just yet but i am happy to say that i think its heading that way.... also since posting those photos last week, my hair has gotten even more thicker and growing really fast (msm)...

Nathaniel said:
Nice dude congrats. I guess you aren't going to stop lifting weights after all?

I re-started weight training in april and to be honest, my hair hasn't changed.

well i am still hitting the gym and lifting weights but not going too heavy and doing lots of cardio... also i have dropped the protein shakes and eating a lot of vegetables... basically having a balanced diet...

i m more lean but lost a lot of size and have had a few comments but i dont mind cause i m starting to enjoy looking in the mirror again and seeing hair :)

i want to get back and hit the weights like before but i m concerned my hair might start falling out again....

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

for anyone that might be interested in shedding - well i have never stopped shedding .... there has never been any pattern cause sometimes i shed a lot and sometimes just a little but i always shed hair.... also i find hair on my pillow more now than i did before (but it might be that i am looking for them now than i was before)...

i am assuming its a good thing as new hair will be replacing the ones i am shedding... :dunno:

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score

mj9 said:
for anyone that might be interested in shedding - well i have never stopped shedding .... there has never been any pattern cause sometimes i shed a lot and sometimes just a little but i always shed hair.... also i find hair on my pillow more now than i did before (but it might be that i am looking for them now than i was before)...

i am assuming its a good thing as new hair will be replacing the ones i am shedding... :dunno:
hey, my sheds would stabilize as well, but there was never a time where i didnt lose hairs in the shower. It would just be a lot less, and occasionally there would be more and id freak out and think it was all over for me, then it would stabilize again.

my advice to you, is to not even look in the shower...take the drain off if you have to..dont look at the pillow. shake it off while watching tv or something...just dont bother counting shed hairs. all that matters is that your hairs getting better

Obsidian

Reaction score

Or as saf put "Don't count the hairs in the drain, count the hairs on the top of your head".

amedd

Reaction score

Supposedly it's working if shedding starts... :lost:

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score

amedd said:
Supposedly it's working if shedding starts... :lost:

According to Dr. Rassman, some people may shed but by no means does everyone shed. If you don't shed, it doesn't mean propecia won't work for you. Best of luck.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hey mj9..Your pics from month 4 look good...how is it going now?

Also, are you still on avodart 1x weekly? do u get generics or prescriptions? I saw you asked before if it was a waste to take it once a week, its not a waste at all. In fact, you could even try upping it to 2 or 3 times a week as well and you'll block even more dht.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score

Very impressive improvement!
As far as training and protien. Eat enough protiein to maintain your muscles, but balance is the key. Hair needs protein too.

the finasteride and cardio should keep your hair intact as long as you keep responding to the meds.

Keep in mind that at some point you may temporarily lose some of your gains due to shed. The best thing to do is resume your routine as usual and give it time to pass.

regards, HB

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Dogs3 said:
hey mj9..Your pics from month 4 look good...how is it going now?

Also, are you still on avodart 1x weekly? do u get generics or prescriptions? I saw you asked before if it was a waste to take it once a week, its not a waste at all. In fact, you could even try upping it to 2 or 3 times a week as well and you'll block even more dht.

hey thanks, actually its only been 3 months :)
hair are still growing but been shedding a lot recently but i never really stopped shedding....

everything i am taking is generic, cheap and its working :punk:

yeah still taking dutasteride once a week and i was actually thinking of upping to 2 times a week but no more than that...

i will be posting month 4 photo in about 2 weeks

H/B said:
Very impressive improvement!
As far as training and protien. Eat enough protiein to maintain your muscles, but balance is the key. Hair needs protein too.

the finasteride and cardio should keep your hair intact as long as you keep responding to the meds.

Keep in mind that at some point you may temporarily lose some of your gains due to shed. The best thing to do is resume your routine as usual and give it time to pass.

regards, HB

thanks man... yeah still hitting the gym but chucked the protein shakes a few months ago....
yeah i think i am experencing a shed at the moment... hopefully it wont effect my growth!

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

no man, dnt worry about sheds..i know its hard not to but i went through a bad one in months three to five on finasteride, then hair got better...now im going through one on dutasteride which i started about 5 months ago...but keep it up, it looks good and ur a really good responder, itl only get better im sure, your still really early on in treatment.

Cali

Reaction score

You are responding very well. People would kill to be in your situation. Stick with it and don't skip anything.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

I've been taking protein shakes for years!? :shock: