Microneedling Faqs: Procedures, Studies And Such

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started Dermarolling and had a quick question. Would taking collegen supplements help since Dermarolling breaks down and rebuilds the scalp via collegen formation?
copper is your friend

baydude

Reaction score
I’m microneedling both my face and scalp on the same session. Trying to get rid of pores and wrinkles while regrowing some hair with the Derminator 1. Is the Derminator 2 worth upgrading to if I already have the Derminator 1? I just started two weeks ago with a 9 gauge cartridge set at .5mm on scalp at fast speed and it already feels painful. Should I move to 1.5mm on my next session?

Also, can someone recommend before and after ointment to apply?

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was worried about this initially.

Arrector Pili muscle depth 1.65mm
Mean length of a scalp hair follicle is 4.16mm
Source: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1524-4725.2010.01809.x

You should be pretty safe at 1.5mm(Dr. Rachita Dhurat depth). If you want to be safer use follicas depth they use for their device which is .8mm.

It isn't about penetration of a topical. Microneedling triggers a wound healing response resulting in the up regulation of a variety of growth factors in your scalp. By the numbers Microneedling + minoxodil is 4x as effective as just minoxodil alone.

See: http://www.ijtrichology.com/article...lume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat

Try the dr pen A6. 1/week at 1.5mm then apply minoxodil 5% 2/week.
Here's an example of good technique:

Right. That said, and my understanding based on that, is that the follicle are deeper than 5mm.... is that true?

And nowhere have I read 0.8mm

lol some how they knew in october 2019 about 0.8mm wild guess?

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol some how they knew in october 2019 about 0.8mm wild guess?

It wasn't a wild guess. Follica made the info available a while back but the original sources were lost to time, so feel free to speculate whatever I guess?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling in long run is not good idea. Instead use topicals like minoxidil ,caffeine, nizoral,castor oil(ricinoleic acid) to promote stem cell proliferation.

Really? if that stuff really worked, we would've cured our dying hairs years ago!

HairlineOfGod

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm doing 0.8 mm , impossible to do more, i bleed too much. It's not hurting.
I'm using Dr Pen.

Do you think i should increase the depth ? Even if it's bleeding like hell ?

I'm 2 weeks in the process.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It wasn't a wild guess. Follica made the info available a while back but the original sources were lost to time, so feel free to speculate whatever I guess?
Lol how could such vital info be ignored/forgotten that said the main needling thread is still going and no one mentioned yet that by multiplying average scalp area plus few cm of over lap we need 320000 needle strikes per scalp biweekly

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol how could such vital info be ignored/forgotten that said the main needling thread is still going and no one mentioned yet that by multiplying average scalp area plus few cm of over lap we need 320000 needle strikes per scalp biweekly

I don't make up numbers. Live in whatever world you want to I don't care.

bran231

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I'm new here and I have a few questions if anyone can answer them for me or point me to the appropriate part of the forum where I should ask these questions

For anyone who's already using micro-needling in addition to using minoxidil
- If I shower on Saturday morning and then do a session of micro needling can I use minoxidil on Sunday morning or would you advice me to wait longer. Is 24hrs enough
For anyone who use toppik in addition to micro needling
- Similar to the previous question, If I do a session on Saturday would applying cover up on Monday be a problem, I cant wear a cap to work and I use cover up to hide my bald spot. I can hide it using a cap or leave it as is on the weekend but I dont think I can do that on weekdays.

Also in the original post it mentions to do it once a week but Follica Microneedling Protocol states that its best to do it once every 2 weeks, so I was just wondering which way do ppl prefer to do it now and is D2 12-needle cartridge at 1.5mm-2.5mm depth setting on medium still the recommended way to start out?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I'm a bit confused about micro needling.

nypdz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw this ultima a6 vs derminator comparison. Is anyone able to say something about Ultima A7? Is it closer to derminator than a6 was?

I can't order Derminator from my country, and it seems like this is best device...

the drpen a7 is not wireless but supposedly had thinner needles which mean lesser pain.
But don’t bother with either if you are thinking of getting a new dermapen. Go for DrPen M8 which has the thinnest needles in the market 0.18MM. It’s pricey at around 185 dollars.

I got mine from AliExpress and got variable needle densities i.e., 48 , 32, 24 needles and paid 80 ish in total

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read the whole thread and it seems like the derminator is the best option?
I have the dermenator 2 it's certainly a good device. I've never used other pens but I did have a 1.5 roller which I thought I was doing a good job with, but after getting the dr2 I can't even go past 1mm on my temples. With a pen style weekly treatments are good but with a roller I'd say bi-weekly are best.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great thread!!
Ive been heavily needling with the derminator 6 times now and draw quite some blood.
Do more people have that? I use 1.5mm to 2mm.

This has been mentioned in first post: "WOULD NEEDLING RUIN MY SKIN FOR A TRANSPLANT?"

Will it?

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the dermenator 2 it's certainly a good device. I've never used other pens but I did have a 1.5 roller which I thought I was doing a good job with, but after getting the dr2 I can't even go past 1mm on my temples. With a pen style weekly treatments are good but with a roller I'd say bi-weekly are best.
well it's finally arrived!

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it is. The other pens and rollers are tearing the skin instead of microneedling. Would be great to figure out how to bump the 25hz to 120hz.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great thread!!
Ive been heavily needling with the derminator 6 times now and draw quite some blood.
Do more people have that? I use 1.5mm to 2mm.

This has been mentioned in first post: "WOULD NEEDLING RUIN MY SKIN FOR A TRANSPLANT?"

Will it?

protocol says 0.8mm to 1mm depth but folks here are still believing that deeper is better?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
At 1mm depth you have no risk to go systemic. I use oral min anyway so it's already in my system.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd Skip 2 minoxidil treatments after deep wounding. You could do .5mm for obsorbtion Ed or eod