Microneedling Faqs: Procedures, Studies And Such

Emanoel900

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read that it is advised no to dermaroll in case of dermatitis on the scalp. The skin protection mechanism would be to create more sebum.

Has anybody with dermatitis been dermarolling ?
Could you give a source for that?

Koolbite

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes and reading that one shouldn't was the main reason I delayed trying microneedling. Had periodical flareups with thick waxy dandruff and at worst sores exuding lymph so it was already bad and didn't want it to get worse.
Started needling in a period of low dandruff and irritation since then there have been no flareup, not even in the winter while stressed which in the past was guaranteed misery. Mind you some months after needling I added Estradiol, but the improvement from needling combined with a preexisting treatment of Ketoconazole shampoo and oral Finasteride was apparent almost immediately.
Of course YMMV.

Thanks for sharing your experience. This helps. Has it also reduced the inflamation ? Would you mind developping about estradiol : Is it a cream ?How does it help dermatitis ?

I did my first session yesterday (0.75mm x 20 mins). Didn't go too hard, no bleeding. I'll push a little harder next time. Didn't feel any itchtiness today but i felt some tingling applying the Minoxidil just now.

Could you give a source for that?

For some reason i can't find back the article in my history. Actually i came across a few ones :

The one i was initialy mentioning was also citing smoking as a reason not to practice demarolling which sounds like BS... Still i read that information several times while trying to reassure myself on the net.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience. This helps. Has it also reduced the inflamation ? Would you mind developping about estradiol : Is it a cream ?How does it help dermatitis ?

I did my first session yesterday (0.75mm x 20 mins). Didn't go too hard, no bleeding. I'll push a little harder next time. Didn't feel any itchtiness today but i felt some tingling applying the Minoxidil just now.
For me the difference is dramatic. Can't really see the difference between minor minoxidil irritation and inflammation anymore, it's almost cured. Estradiol reduces Testosterone and therefore sebum production which can reduce inflammation but with feminizing side effects. I do transdermal patches which are systemic but there are options with a more localized effect which I however don't know much about.
Good luck!