Microneedling Faqs: Procedures, Studies And Such

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just man up, it's really not that bad . From the sound of it you're doing classic dermarolling, which is super easy. We don't want to hear you crying until you go 40 + minutes on high speed with a pen device. One guy even went for several hours in one session, although he used a medium speed setting I think.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Been away for a few weeks. What is the consensus regime now? Still 1.5mm for approx 15 min in total, weekly, with twice daily minoxidil?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been away for a few weeks. What is the consensus regime now? Still 1.5mm for approx 15 min in total, weekly, with twice daily minoxidil?

Twice a month .75-1mm for 15+ minutes, twice daily minoxidil.

Some of us are trying more frequent sessions, and/or 1.5mm depth. One person is trying 2.5mm. I don't know about going that deep, but hopefully he posts results.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Twice a month .75-1mm for 15+ minutes, twice daily minoxidil.

Some of us are trying more frequent sessions, and/or 1.5mm depth. One person is trying 2.5mm. I don't know about going that deep, but hopefully he posts results.

Thanks. I have been less than regular with various regimes for approx 1 year with no real improvement. I will try to stick to 1.5mm weekly for 3 months before tweaking.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just man up, it's really not that bad . From the sound of it you're doing classic dermarolling, which is super easy. We don't want to hear you crying until you go 40 + minutes on high speed with a pen device. One guy even went for several hours in one session, although he used a medium speed setting I think.
f*ck this, you all bunch of masochistic maniacs.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop whining and bitching. Either you get on with it either you keep balding. So what's gonna be?

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ho I will keep doing it for sure, but Im still whining

Last edited:

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what's more painful. This or Dutasteride injections with castor oil into my scalp when I did it last time. I tried a Dermojet on my head and passed out. Since then D2 feels much better.
Is there proof showing castor oil is locally active? I just wanna make sure since I know orally works and is less messy but has more gi sides

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the dr pen as good as the derminator 2? And do you have to buy the cartridges from the manufacturers website or can u buy cheap ones from somewhere else?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there proof showing castor oil is locally active? I just wanna make sure since I know orally works and is less messy but has more gi sides
I really don't care using castor oil for its hair loss benefits. I use a stronger pge2 drug anyway. I use castor oil as a vehicle to inject other drugs.

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I did not think it would be pleasant, it doesnt matter what I thought. The fact is that it's a legit treatment that people perform regularly, but it is almost unbearable for me so I wonder how, and as I said I dont push that hard at all, not talking about blood, Im not even sure there is redness after I do it (still painfully). It's not like I have very low pain threshold. Also it psychological hard to wound yourself, I guess if it was someone else to do that to me I could go through with it.
Do you feel the area really go numb after applying lidocain? Is there a better numbing cream?
I use numbing cream, I go to 1.5mm

Koolbite

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read that it is advised no to dermaroll in case of dermatitis on the scalp. The skin protection mechanism would be to create more sebum.

Has anybody with dermatitis been dermarolling ?