Microneedling Faqs: Procedures, Studies And Such

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop whining and bitching. Either you get on with it either you keep balding. So what's gonna be?

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ho I will keep doing it for sure, but Im still whining

Last edited:

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what's more painful. This or Dutasteride injections with castor oil into my scalp when I did it last time. I tried a Dermojet on my head and passed out. Since then D2 feels much better.
Is there proof showing castor oil is locally active? I just wanna make sure since I know orally works and is less messy but has more gi sides

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the dr pen as good as the derminator 2? And do you have to buy the cartridges from the manufacturers website or can u buy cheap ones from somewhere else?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there proof showing castor oil is locally active? I just wanna make sure since I know orally works and is less messy but has more gi sides
I really don't care using castor oil for its hair loss benefits. I use a stronger pge2 drug anyway. I use castor oil as a vehicle to inject other drugs.

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I did not think it would be pleasant, it doesnt matter what I thought. The fact is that it's a legit treatment that people perform regularly, but it is almost unbearable for me so I wonder how, and as I said I dont push that hard at all, not talking about blood, Im not even sure there is redness after I do it (still painfully). It's not like I have very low pain threshold. Also it psychological hard to wound yourself, I guess if it was someone else to do that to me I could go through with it.
Do you feel the area really go numb after applying lidocain? Is there a better numbing cream?
I use numbing cream, I go to 1.5mm

Koolbite

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read that it is advised no to dermaroll in case of dermatitis on the scalp. The skin protection mechanism would be to create more sebum.

Has anybody with dermatitis been dermarolling ?

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read that it is advised no to dermaroll in case of dermatitis on the scalp. The skin protection mechanism would be to create more sebum.

Yes and reading that one shouldn't was the main reason I delayed trying microneedling. Had periodical flareups with thick waxy dandruff and at worst sores exuding lymph so it was already bad and didn't want it to get worse.
Started needling in a period of low dandruff and irritation since then there have been no flareup, not even in the winter while stressed which in the past was guaranteed misery. Mind you some months after needling I added Estradiol, but the improvement from needling combined with a preexisting treatment of Ketoconazole shampoo and oral Finasteride was apparent almost immediately.
Of course YMMV.

Emanoel900

My Regimen
Reaction score

Could you give a source for that?

Koolbite

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes and reading that one shouldn't was the main reason I delayed trying microneedling. Had periodical flareups with thick waxy dandruff and at worst sores exuding lymph so it was already bad and didn't want it to get worse.
Started needling in a period of low dandruff and irritation since then there have been no flareup, not even in the winter while stressed which in the past was guaranteed misery. Mind you some months after needling I added Estradiol, but the improvement from needling combined with a preexisting treatment of Ketoconazole shampoo and oral Finasteride was apparent almost immediately.
Of course YMMV.

Thanks for sharing your experience. This helps. Has it also reduced the inflamation ? Would you mind developping about estradiol : Is it a cream ?How does it help dermatitis ?

I did my first session yesterday (0.75mm x 20 mins). Didn't go too hard, no bleeding. I'll push a little harder next time. Didn't feel any itchtiness today but i felt some tingling applying the Minoxidil just now.

Could you give a source for that?

For some reason i can't find back the article in my history. Actually i came across a few ones :

The one i was initialy mentioning was also citing smoking as a reason not to practice demarolling which sounds like BS... Still i read that information several times while trying to reassure myself on the net.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience. This helps. Has it also reduced the inflamation ? Would you mind developping about estradiol : Is it a cream ?How does it help dermatitis ?

I did my first session yesterday (0.75mm x 20 mins). Didn't go too hard, no bleeding. I'll push a little harder next time. Didn't feel any itchtiness today but i felt some tingling applying the Minoxidil just now.
For me the difference is dramatic. Can't really see the difference between minor minoxidil irritation and inflammation anymore, it's almost cured. Estradiol reduces Testosterone and therefore sebum production which can reduce inflammation but with feminizing side effects. I do transdermal patches which are systemic but there are options with a more localized effect which I however don't know much about.
Good luck!

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
is it possible to have shock hair loss from microneedling? about 3 weeks ago I used 1.5mm dermaroller pretty hard I bleed a lot especially on my hairline near to temples and after 1 week I noticed that my has receded quite a bit, I switched to dermapen currently, if it is shock hairloss how much time does it take to recover from it?