Microneedling Faqs: Procedures, Studies And Such

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you just increase the mm until wounding is achieved? I’m using 1.5mm and nothing is happening ...
It's already considered wounding at that depth. However, if you want to see if 2 mm provides results then go right ahead.
We're still discovering this whole thing so, after a certain point, whether more depth means better results it's still unknown. Supposedly, Follica is bringing a device with 5 mm needles... This could mean something.
What does your regime look like, if I may ask?
Cheers. :)

Nergenss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude.
The general consensus is that wounding is ONLY achieved at depths between 1.5 and 2 mm (or even 2.5 mm). We reached this conclusion because this is how the studies do it.
Try 1 mm and see how you fare. Then slowly increase the depth as you get comfortable.
You can always use some numbing cream too.
Best of luck!

So it seems like i dit it for nothing until now :(
Most of you guys feel nothing on 1.5 mm, while i have a lot of bleeding on 0.7mm. But i have ordered a new roller on 1.5 mm. I want ask if the roller has to be Titanium? And i use minoxidil 2 times a day but not day after needling. And i use nizarol 2-3 time a week.

Jay_7862587

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Thanks for the great information in this thread. I'm a Norwood 3 vertex, 34 yo. Losing hair slowly since I was about 20.

I've come across microneedling when using minoxidil to fix a patchy beard (going well, but ongoing), and after seeing some research and reading this thread I decided to get serious about my male pattern baldness as well. I've spend/wasted almost a complete day (o_O) going down the rabbit hole and this is the plan I've come up with...

I will start microneedling once a week (derminator 2) and applying minoxidil once a day.

I have the feeling that a topical DHT blocker would stop or reverse the hair loss from another angle, so adding a topical DHT blocker makes a lot of sense to me... I don't want to block DHT systemically so oral finasteride isn't an option (I already had some hormonal issues in the past).
Are there any tips/recommendations on this front? As far as I've seen, there are some ketoconazole (Nizoral) or azaleic acid shampoos, but they don't provide good results... The research/information I've seen so far seems a bit shoddy on topical blockers, but maybe there is something popular in the community that I'm missing?
For now, I will try a mix of rosemary, coconut and peppermint oil and leave that in for a couple of hours on some days.

I'll give a quick update already. I'm quite happy with the derminator 2, it works well. I can cover my head in 3-4 minutes: 1,5 mm on the "fast" setting already gives some blood/redness, which is the desired effect. It hurts a bit, but it's tolerable.
Next day there is a slight redness (visible on my hairline, my hair still covers my head for the most part) but I can cover it up by not styling my hair so I don't expect people to really notice. 2 day afterwards the final redness is gone.

I also bought a regular dermaroller for testing, but this is impractical if you still have decent hair coverage/length. I'll use this on my face I think.

I'm applying the liquid minoxidil once a day. This is drying out my scalp and hair a bit, and running over my forehead. Next time I'll buy the foam version probably.

I did a bit more research on topical (natural) "DHT-blockers", and I came out a bit confused/disappointed. Some essential oils like lavender and tea tree oil can apparently cause hormonal issues (gyno/breast growth). Peppermint (oil) is also a potent testosterone/DHT blocker (when ingested). Rosemary oil is also suggested here and there to be a DHT blocker...
Seems like a lot of these essential oils can have quite a bit of side effects. I already bought peppermint, rosemary and castor oil (stimulates PGE2) so I might apply a mix of those now and then but I'm a bit apprehensive now. Not sure if they'll have much effect on hair growth, I wish there were more studies on this (also testing hormonal levels, I don't want to have systemic effects).

Nergenss

My Regimen
Reaction score
fdgdfg.png
ghjgh.png
fgdfgdfgdfg.png

I can't believe you guys barely get redness at 1.5 mm, I bleed like a stabbed monkey at 1 mm.

veneno

My Regimen
Reaction score
its fake , its not blood you can see that he was putting it only between spread hair line , he's just too dumb

Nergenss

My Regimen
Reaction score
its fake , its not blood you can see that he was putting it only between spread hair line , he's just too dumb
You have to be very stupid to come to that conclusion. A page back I have send pictures with less blood from 0.7 mm. That is why i come to ask what i am doing wrong. It was said that I should use even longer needles, so i did it with 1 mm roller.

Nergenss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus Christ dude... Also... Are you sure you are balding?
My hairline was completely straight, now you can clearly see that declining V form. My hair seems thick because the bottom is covered with blood.

OneDay_NW0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That much blood doesn't look healthy man. Are the wounds even get closed over night? And the chance to get an infection is just very high, if your whole head is bleeding.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 118242 View attachment 118243 View attachment 118244

I can't believe you guys barely get redness at 1.5 mm, I bleed like a stabbed monkey at 1 mm.
Ho-ly duck f*** man.
I do 2 mm and I get small blood dots and redness after 3-4 passes, but that's it. I don't know how that much blood at HALF that length is possible.
And as @Pephair said, the first needling thread was locked because of pics like this.
What does your procedure look like? You following the video of this post or something?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread could very well get locked for photos like that.
If that happens than this whole site can suck my balls. Hopefully the adult moderators are a little bit more robust than that.

When you zoom in it doesn’t even look that bad.

Can we just be adults. Don’t cry over a little blood.